Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Wondering what is the likely hood of me passing a hair follicle test at 95-107 days clean? I was a weekend smoker (about 1/8th over the weekend) for years. I got my hair cut on April 17th and last smoked on April 22nd. I have a hair follicle test some time between July 27th-August 3rd and I will be between 95-107 clean. I do not plan on using any of the harsh chemical stuff to try and pass but have started using Paul Mitchell Shampoo, Tsal and Tgel plus a swimmers shampoo as my everyday shampoo plus I am taking B12 and Bition to help my hair grow faster. I plan on getting my hair cut to 1/2 on July 26th and shaving all my body hair off so that cant be tested.
    I read most places say test only go back 90 days but wanted to make sure.
    I am a white male, 5'6' and about 170lbs.

2. So I FINALLY have my drug tests tomorrow, way later than I was expecting but who could complain about that? It will be hair and urine with Quest. I'll be 110 days clean, and before I knew it would be so late I did about 10 Macs, relaxed 3 times, and dyed darker. I've also been taking biotin every day for about a year. Yet somehow I'm still nervous. Since my hair is past shoulder length, TECHNICALLY there is still dirty hair on my head, but I just have to hope the nurse does their job correctly... I'll be using Zydot Ultra clean and the last bit of my Aloe rid before going in. Before the 110 days of being clean I smoked every single day for years straight. I honestly don't even miss it anymore... crazy how that works. Wish me luck!!

3. my test was Friday & now it's Thursday night with no MRO call, does that mean I passed??

4. Honetly with 110 days clean, you should feel pretty relaxed and secure that you passed.

My test is Monday (unless they force me to go in today) but I have my second bleaching at the salon tomorrow. I went from brunette to platinum blonde 2 weeks ago. Finishing up the evening out tomorrow. I did macujo method twice at first, have used the toxin rid daily, did a 9 hour bleaching session at the salon, have another tomorrow (probably only 3 hours) and using the toxin rid Sunday night and Monday morning before zydot. That’s the plan. I hope it works. I’ve been clean for a month so hopefully the other inch of hair has been broken down and depleted of all its toxins. It’s definitely depleted of melonin bc it’s white thankfully coworkers and boss love it.

5. the only issue is that if the nurse doesn't know what they're doing and the cut ends up being an inch away from the scalp, boom that subtracts 60 days :( you're right that I'm probably fine though. good luck with yours!!

• Disagree Disagree x 1

6. Don’t forget to post your results when you know for sure!! I’ll let you know mine next week:)

7. #5627 lessonlearned2018, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    I am a chronic pot smoker. I smoked everyday for years, high grade product. The last year I would say I smoke a few puffs M-TH and Friday-Sunday I would smoke a joint. I had a job interview in April where I got the job but found out there was a HFT. I didnt want to do all the harsh stuff to my hair to try and pass so I decided to decline the job and gave them a sob story about a family emergency with my non existent brother and that I would not be back in town until the end of July where I would be 96 days clean by then.

SO here is my info. I am 5'6, about 150lbs, white male. I work out in the heat everyday so I sweat a lot, I have a fast metabolizism (sp?). I had my hair cut before my interview (I believe it was on April 17th) and the last time I smoked was April 22nd. I have since stopped smoking.
    I have been washing my hair every other day with TGel (3% sacrylic acid) Paul Mitchell Three shampoo, Ultra swin hard water shampoo and conditioner and Tsal with 1% coal. I have also been taking bitocin for hair growth, wheatgrass, B12 (which helps with metebolism) apple cider vinegar, fishoil and testosterone supplements (all which I have read can help with hair growth)

So, the company called me a few weeks ago and it turns out they are holding the position for me. They arent sure on when I would start but it would be sometime in August. As of July 27th I will be 96 days clean and if I have to take a test it will be on a Friday so assuming I would have to take the test on the 3rd I would be 103 days clean. I plan on getting my hair cut down to 1/2 inch (the testing place has on their website that they require at least 1/2 of hair) the day before I take the test. Right now the longest part of my hair is about 3 inches. What are my chances of passing being a chronic user everyday for years and being at least 103 days clean and using no methods like Macujo, Toxic wash, Jerry G or Aloe stuff?

Thanks for any help, advice or information. I appreciate it

8. if you cut your hair to 1/2" you will have a 100% chance of passing :)

9. Guys,
    I really need some type of feedback... please

I took my hair follicle test yesterday. It was through psychemedics. I don't have much hair on my head so they completely shaved my arm pits with a razor for it. I never do drugs at all.. last time I smoked weed was in November of 2015. The issue here is on March 7th I took an edible. It was like one 8inch piece of a sour fruit roll up. And I got a body high and it was whatever, never want to do it again.

Fast forward 110 days and I took my drug test on 6/21. What're my odds? Would you guys be worried?
    I generally do shave my arm pits and in that time window I did trim my pits and also the night before I went over with a #5 clipper but still... I cannot fail this.

I am 6 foot 215lbs, work out all the time with 8% body fat.

10. I decided to shave my hair. I am hoping that by the time I have to take the test I will have at least 1/2inch of clean hair on my head. I also plan on shaving all my body hair so they cant take any body hair from me.

11. you should be fine, one time isn't enough for the metabolites to go into your hair and edibles are even less likely to show up in hair! don't worry :)

12. Here is my story again
    I am a chronic pot smoker. I smoked everyday for years, high grade product. The last year I would say I smoke a few puffs M-TH and Friday-Sunday I would smoke a joint. I had a job interview in April where I got the job but found out there was a HFT. I didnt want to do all the harsh stuff to my hair to try and pass so I decided to decline the job and gave them a sob story about a family emergency with my non existent brother and that I would not be back in town until the end of July where I would be 96 days clean by then.

SO here is my info. I am 5'6, about 150lbs, white male. I work out in the heat everyday so I sweat a lot, I have a fast metabolizism (sp?). I had my hair cut before my interview (I believe it was on April 17th) and the last time I smoked was April 22nd. I have since stopped smoking.
    I have been washing my hair every other day with TGel (3% sacrylic acid) Paul Mitchell Three shampoo, Ultra swin hard water shampoo and conditioner and Tsal with 1% coal. I have also been taking bitocin for hair growth, wheatgrass, B12 (which helps with metebolism) apple cider vinegar, fishoil and testosterone supplements (all which I have read can help with hair growth)

So, the company called me a few weeks ago and it turns out they are holding the position for me. They arent sure on when I would start but it would be sometime in August. As of July 27th I will be 96 days clean and if I have to take a test it will be on a Friday so assuming I would have to take the test on the 3rd I would be 103 days clean. My hair was 3 inches long at the top of my head but today I shaved my hair down (not bald, but buzzed it all around) I am hoping that by the time I take the HFT in 40 days (at the earliest) my head hair will be at least 1/2 inch). I also plan on shaving all my body hair, legs, no arm hair, arm pits and pubs and if they ask about body hair I will tell them that I am a proffesional swimmer. What are my chances of passing being a chronic user everyday for years and being at least 103 days clean and using no methods like Macujo, Toxic wash, Jerry G or Aloe stuff?

Thanks for any help, advice or information. I appreciate it

13. I passed!! Since I was 110 days clean I don't really have the authority to comment on whether or not specific methods work, but I still have some tips for everyone that will be applicable either way:

-if you have long hair, clip it up into multiple sections as to expose more of the root area to your treatments. also, if you have hair that goes down your back like I did, it is very worth it to cut it at least to shoulder length. you not only will use less of the products but won't have so much extra hair getting in the way.

-get a squirt bottle from Sally's for your vinegar!! this will make it much easier to target the vinegar and you'll waste a lot less of it. they are like $2 and it makes a SUBSTANTIAL difference.

-when doing vinegar or Clean and Clear, keep your head over a large kitchen bowl so the excess liquid falls into the bowl instead of down the drain. this way, once you're about done you can pour what fell into the bowl over your head a few more times.

-I got vinegar and clean and clear in my eyes multiple times. it hurts a lot, but your eyes will not be damaged and you won't go blind, so if it happens to you try to stay calm.

-if you're thinking of incorporating a baking soda paste, opt for Milk of Magnesia instead. it's not only a stronger base than baking soda, it's MUCH easier to spread onto your hair and you don't have to mix it yourself.

-don't be afraid of relaxers!! I'm a white girl, and when I googled things like "relaxing caucasian hair" I was met by hundreds of people saying that using a relaxer on white people hair will make all your hair fall out. this was NOT the case for me at all, in fact my hair actually became MORE SOFT after using a regular strength relaxer on it. I followed the recommended instructions for "fine" hair. I chose to use relaxers because bleaching sounded like an aesthetic nightmare, and supposedly relaxers remove even more drug metabolites than bleaching. I ended up relaxing my hair 3 times within the span of 2 months and while I did lose some hair with slight damage, it did not destroy my hair by any stretch. there are actual REAL published scientific journals that show relaxing removes drug metabolites! I recommend it to all regular users trying to pass.

-TAKE BIOTIN EVERY DAY. this shit makes your hair and nails grow faster. you can "gain" clean time if your hair starts growing faster. it takes a few weeks to make a difference so start taking it as soon as you find out about your test. you can find it at any drug store or grocery store.

-lastly, keep some sort of journal/log of what you are doing to your hair on each day. take notes each time of any improvements or changes you want to make for the next time.

14. I know when you shave your head, at least 10 days after your last toke, that the new hair that grows is "clean"
    Is that the same if you shave all body hair? Legs, arms, pubs, armpits.......
    I have a hair follicle test in about 30 days or more. I shaved my head a few days ago so I would have clean hair (I have been clean for 60 days) and im wondering if I should go ahead and shave all hair just incase my head hair is not long enough for the test.
    I have been taking biotin for a month and I am also taking hair supplements and a few other things that are supposed to help my hair grow.
    But just curious about the leg/armpit hair thing

15. #5635 OliviaJane, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    I passed the dreaded hair follicle test!

I am in shock honestly. Im just like most of the people on this thread. In the two weeks leading up to the test I read every forum and website i could in regards to passing this test and i did anything and everything i could handle.

Here a little about myself. I am 5'5 170lbs HAD long hair to my butt and was a heavy smoker. I smoked about a gram of dabs every 2 weeks sometimes just in one week and before that i was smoking a 1/4 every 2 weeks but switched to dabs because the high was much better. I have been smoking daily for 10 years straight with maybe a 3 day abstinence to get a job years ago. I have read in so many forums that if you are a heavy user you are pretty much screwed but I’m proof that’s not true. You just have to want it enough to pass.

I have been trying to get my niece out of foster care and it’s been a tough battle so far. My niece’s parents are evil people and have made it very hard to get custody of her but I’m not a quitter. I know I can give a good life to my niece and I’m not going to quit. They abused her in the worst way possible and were drug users. They’d rather get loaded over paying their bills or feed their daughter.

In the beginning of may I stopped smoking for three weeks and then smoked for another two weeks. Then I found out I had to take a urine test so I stopped immediately. On my 5th day of not smoking I did a 5 panel urine test and passed but with diluted results so two weeks later I had to do a hair follicle and a 10 panel urine test.

I did 5 Macujo treatments before doing the dyeing process. immediately the day I found out about the test I orderd Aloe Rid Old Style Treatment from Testclear. $235. I shampooed my hair after every bleach and dye treatment and baking soda treatment.

After the 5 Mac treatments over a 3 day period, in one day i did one bleach with 20 Volume developer and two dyes back to back with ion hair dye. I have been dying my hair red for ten years now so i did red of course. Well the red my sister got me was TOOOOO red so the next day we got Color oops hair stripper, stripped my hair, bleached again but with box bleach from the store and a natural box red hair dye. I only did one more mac treatmeant after that but i did it in reverse and kept everything on for 30 minutes. After the 6th Mac treatment that night I did two aloe rid shampoos and called it a night. ALSO before ANY mac treatment i did a baking soda paste with tide for 30 minutes. From that point on for the week leading up to the test I just did the baking soda treatment and aloe rid shampoo at least 3 times a night sometime 6 depending if I had the time or energy. I bought activated charcoal from a vitamin store in the tub not capsules and started to mix that with the tide and balking soda mixture. Also i started to use it with the Aloe rid shampoo. First i would lather up and then add the activated charcoal th the suds. I always left the shampoo in for 20 minutes. So the day before my test i did a baking soda activated charcoal soak then dyed my hair ONE MORE time with Ion dye from sallys and left it in for 25 minutes until vision in one eye got blurry so i immediately rinsed out and then shampooed with aloe rid and activated charcoal 3 times that night. The morning of the test i did the baking soda, tide, activated charcoal soak. Then proceed to wash my hair 6 times with aloe rid and then did the Zydot ultra clean treatment and then condition my hair with whatever conditioner i had and rinsed that shit out, quickly styled my hair and went to the testing facility. They of course took the sample from the crown of my head in 4 different place and told me it would be 7 days til my case worker would get the results. Well 8 days later i call and she tells me everything cleared and it will be very soon for me to get my niece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i did the Mac treatment 6 times, bleached 2 times, dyed 4 times, shampooed my hair about 25 times to 30 times, and did baking soda activated charcoal soaks at least 10 times. I honestly lost count. I also cut my hair to my shoulders to avoid extra stress to my head and shoulders. Oh well hair grows back. My hair isn't completely trashed but its definitely not what it used to be. also use vaseline on ears and neck i got a chemical burn on my ears and forehead from zydot!! WTF haha and I did not comb my hair with products in I just scrubbed really good but I did disinfect my hair brushes with rubbing alcohol anytime I brushed my hair. Also in the two weeks leading to the test I only conditioned my hair only 2 times and that was because my hair was so dry and crispy I had to put conditioner in just so I could style my hair before going to work. I also put leave in oil at the ends and middle part of my hair but never the roots. I wanted to make sure my hair was so damaged and the cuticles were open as much as possible so any time I used the aloe rid shampoo it would be the most effective. I bought a new pillow and pillow case to sleep on and bought new towels. Make sure to use Shower caps for each Soak or scrub and wrap your head in a towel to ensure nothing drips down. And if you do get a chemical burn aquafor or cocoa butter will help.

Now it’s a week since the test and I have not shampooed my hair once but every three days I do a 3 hour deep coat conditioning treatment on my hair and scalp and my hair is slowly getting better,. I have scabs all over my head and they are now flaking off but it looks a little like dandruff. I also feel bruising on my head but you know what I could care less it was all worth it for my niece I’m just glad evil did not prevail and am excited all that torment upon myself was not in vain!

Also my husband only smokes weed when he is having bad pain which is like 3 times a year he will smoke a bowl to himself. The last time he smoked was January of 2018 and of course passed. He did nothing to prepare.

THANK YOU EVERYONE POSTING YOUR RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the custody battle wont be easy but at least i passed this little hurdle and my squeeky clean image isn't tarnished!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. I never specifically asked for the results, but it has been well over a month and they haven’t asked me not to come back, I so I feel safe assuming the test was negative.

Summary - 36 year old male, edibles three times in 90 days, infrequent prior, body hair sample = negative test.

I appreciate all the information found in this thread, hope my contribution helps ease concerns for anyone else in a similar situation.

17. Pray for me everyone.
    I took my hair follicle test. I barely had 1/2 inch of hair on my head and no body hair to give. I made sure to tell her to take as much as she needed so I wouldnt have to retest. I am 88 days clean, shaved my head at 62 days clean.
    Just praying that none of my presription medicines come back as a false positive, none of them are narcotics but I have read that some of the OTC medince I was taking could cause a positive.

I guess I will know something come Tuesday

18. You were right! I got my results back today and I passed. Start my new job on Monday!

19. I am an aa female during the last year I smoked 1 and within the last 90 days ate edible twice 1/2 each time. I had a hair follicle test and i am freaking out! Do you think i will be under their limit

20. #5640 Yaaasss!, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Passed Psychemedics Hair Test - Infrequent user

I am posting for all those infrequent users out there b/c I was freaking out when I found out I needed to do a hair test for pre-employment. This site helped me a lot and I wanted to help anyone else who is freaking out right now. I didn't want to bleach my hair so I chose the Mac method.

About me: 39 year old, Asian Female, long dark hair down my back, 5'4, 138 lbs, I workout 3-4 days a week

61 Days before: I ate a low dose edible and took 3 puffs from a vape pen
    33 Days before: I took 4 puffs from a vape pen
    12 Days before: Got a perm and cut off 3 inches
    8 Days before: Found out I had to get a hair test for pre-employment. F**ck!!!
    6 Days before: Took a home urine test and was clean. I knew that I would be clean but I needed to put my mind at ease.
    5 Days before: Modified Mac method. Apple Cider Vinegar 30 min, Clean & Clear Astringent 30 min, used Tide to wash and scrub my hair, Baking Soda Paste 30 min, Wash with Neutrogena Tsal Shampoo.
    4 to 1 Days before: Repeat Modified Mac Method
    Day of test: They cut a total of about 50 strands from 3 sections around (left, middle and right) the crown of my head.
    6 Days After test (includes Sat/Sun): Drug tests were "completed" on the 3rd party website who organized the tests. It was "in progress" before that. I wasn't sure if this meant I passed or not but was hopeful.
    7 Days After test: employer contacted me and said I was cleared for hire.

I probably would have passed without doing the Mac method but like I said, I was stressed and freaked out about failing. I hope this gives hope to those infrequent users out there.