Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. #5181 THCMikey, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    I just wanted to say this thread has put me at ease or at the very least given me some hope. I have an offer for an incredible job (at least for my age) so long as I pass a drug test.

I felt I should post to update this thread as a more "frequent" user. No offense and your worry is as valid as mine, just not as helpful seeing posts from people who smoked once 8 months ago.

I'm 6'3, Male and 186lbs.
    Last smoked May 17
    Been clean about 72 days
    Best case I'll have 84 days on test day.
    Dark brown and thick hair.
    Smoked daily for 2-3 months prior.
    3-5 bowls a day.
    Maybe 2-3 oz total in that time.
    I've lost weight gradually this year, I started at 236. So I've lost 1-2 lbs weekly since and before I quit. Not sure that has anything to do with a hair test though.

I was reading up at home and I've only used what I had handy. I will make a trip tomorrow. As soon as I found out I needed to provide hair, I went straight to my hair chick who I thought might have some advice. She did. cut my disconnected undercut (long hair on top, shaved top and sides) down to about a 2 inch faux-hawk. She suggest I bleach and dye my hair at least once.

My test can be done anytime between now and August 11 @ 5PM. That gives me 14 days including today and the day of the test, if I push it that far out. I'm not sure if I can as I would start August 15. Would they need more time to pass or fail me?

Day 1
    Used generic vinegar to do a 30 minute soak. Does brand matter?
    Added a Neutrogena acne wash that has 2℅ cyclical acid for 30 minutes. Again, does brand matter?
    Rinsed thoroughly.
    Applied all liquid detergent, scrubbed but did not let soak long, oops. This was in the pods and I cut them open. Will get Ride tomorrow.
    Rinsed thoroughly.
    Bleached hair for 30 minutes. I make an alright blonde.
    Dyed hair for 30 minutes, wasnt long enough but that's fine as I will be bleaching again.
    Washed thoroughly with a tea tree like shampoo and conditioner called Simple Man from my local hair place.

I also picked up a Ultimate Gold Max Strength Biowash from my local head shop.

Also ordered 2 packs of Zydot Ultra Clean from Amazon when I saw some success in this thread. They should be here Tuesday. I assume you can't over do the shampoo / conditioners? If I get the job I'll make the money spent on them back pretty quickly.

I'm also considering buying the Toxin Wash? It's kind of expensive. Worth it?

I've been pretty stressed out about this lately and I really appreciate the original post and all of the responses.

Any feedback or suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks!

2. Mike, I think you will be good. I just got my results for my test and it was negative, the lab was PSYCHEMEDICS also ( not sure if thats relevant).
    I was a daily smoker for about 4 years usually 2-4 times a day. My last job closed in april and I had abstained from smoking for just under 90 days, I knew the job I was going for hair tested. Months went by and I heard nothing and when my good friend came to town I ended up smoking with him in June about 4-5 times in a 3 week span. I quit again, after that the employer called me and offered me a job. I was pretty scared. I read everything online and decided to take action. I did not,however, go to that extreme of lengths. I did the macujo method 4 times using Tgel and Baking soda. I bleached once and then dyed hair twice. I also was already intermittently fasting which is really great for metabolism (look it up if interested) but I think the single most important thing I did was to expose myself to high humidity.this breaks down the metabolites in your hair quickly. I also bought a #12 guard for my clippers on amazon. They will cut your hair to exactly 1.5 inches. If all of the hair that you had when you were a usual smoker has been cut off then incosistent and light usage is difficult to detect in the hair. There are a lot of variables though when it comes to individuals. My info is below

5'11 - 190lbs light brown/dark blonde hair.

Side note- the lady who cut my hair insisted that she cut my leg hair because she didnt want to leave me with a bald spot. This is understanable just make sure that you insist that they take from head eapecially if you know the hair ia long enough.

I think though given your usage and the steps you took, you should be alright. Just expose yourself to all the sun and humidity you can.

3. I also used zydot the morning of the test. This was used by itself

4. #5184 THCMikey, Jul 30, 2016
    I appreciate the info. Takes some of my anxiety and stress away hearing you passed. I went out and bought all of the "original" branded stuff for the macujo method, minus the Aloe stuff. How necessary do you think that Toxin Wash for the Jerry G method is? It's like $75. Like I said, I ordered two things of Ultra Clean. Just going to macujo and use one and the other the day of the test. This and Paul Mitchell 3 shampoo are the last 2 items I'm considering.

I've been stressing about this and not eating much, which is nice in a way because I still want to cut 10 lbs (unrelated to the drug test). But I know better than to let not eating overstay it's welcome.

How short of 90 days were you on test day?

I originally had maybe 6" - 8" on top and cut it down to 2". I considered cutting my hair to the inch and a half on test day, but if they only screen the first inch and half, isn't that pointless? If I did cut my hair any shorter than the 2" it is now, being the worrier that I am, I would likely shave most of my body hair in case they say it was too short and just tell them my girlfriend likes me that way haha. I'm kind of a pretty boy so I think they'd but it. Not that I need them to. I've never heard of the sun / humidity thing. I'll definitely get outside tomorrow. Supposed to be hot. Would I benefit from bleaching (blonde) and going out in the sun before dying it back (very dark brown)?

Just trying to do everything I can to pass this thing. I desperately want this job. If half the stuff im doing is pointless, it can't hurt.

Edit: I'm also not sure about the date I want to test. I have until August 11, but I start August 15. To avoid a conflict or being told I failed the test after I've started working, I was considering testing August 8 instead. This gives plenty of time for the lab to run tests. Plus that still gives me a little over a week to detox. Thoughts?

Edit Edit: Also, could over doing it do any harm to the test results? For example, using Shampoo A and Shampoo B the day of the test, could one cancel out the others masking effect?

5. Yes they are SUPPOSED to cut off anything past 1.5 inches and discard the rest. This is probably what they do all the time but I keep my hair shorter anyways. I would say I might have been 80 days clean definitly no more than that. And yes I would say that getting sun after the bleach will possibly increase your odds. After I dyed my hair the first time I spent all day in the sun which resulted in sunburn. This made the redye I did. pretty painful. Also make sure any special products you buy are cleansers and not maskers because the lab thoroughly washes the hair before they test it. This will strip any masking agents from the hair. I dont think using different shampoos will negate the effect of eachother though. Do you know what lab is conducting the test?

6. #5186 THCMikey, Jul 30, 2016
    Fortunately I don't burn easy (at all?) Sorry to hear that, I can't imagine a burn on top of all this other stuff, damn!

I'm not sure necessarily. Until you asked I hadn't looked into it as I thought a hair test was a hair test.

The clinic is just a local Urgent Care and they will be utilizing eScreen. I know eScreens urine analysis is just basically a test cup like you'd buy at a store.

Did you get any retaliation due to your hair being that short? I may just cut it and shave all other hair. No harm in that? I just worry they'll say my hair's too short and refuse to test or something once they discover I'm baby smooth everywhere else. ESPECIALLY considering I had very long hair at my interview (slicked back) so that might look kind of obvious. I have a 2" long faux-hawk with faded shaved sides and back now.

Edit: so I guess the "lab" would be Alere's eScreen? Doesn't seem to be much information on the web about their hair testing.. Interesting, maybe my google-fu just isn't what it used to be. They seem to advertise "instant electronic results" but that might just be for the urine test?

"Regulation: NON-DOT
    Services to be performed:
    Hair - H5P - 5 Panel Sandard Hair (H5P)"

7. #5187 THCMikey, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    I do wonder how hair product possibly alters results after long-term use. I curiously took a look at the ingredients in my Paul Mitchell "Matterial" styling clay. I noticed "Propylene Glycol" appears on there. That's the main ingredient that makes the Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo so great, no? Hair product is put in damp / dry and left in all day long. Just a thought. If so many hair products include this ingredient, what sets Nexxus' product apart?

For future readers looking for info:
    My sister once bleached her hair 5 times total (the salon messed it up initially) and her hair was as dead as can be. She swears by "ORS Olive Oil Replenishing Pak" sold at Walmart. They cost about $1. She claims one use did wonders for her hair. I'll update on this once I use it on test day. Looks like this too includes Propylene Glycol.

8. I did not not really get any retaliation and also the cutoff for thc in the test i did was 1pg I will see if i can find the cutoff levels for the test you will be doing im guessing it will be higher. Which will be good for you

9. I'd certainly hope so. I appreciate any information on it.. I'm considering ordering either the Nexxus Aloe or Toxin Wash. Either one will run me about $100. I'm that anxious about this. Did a second bleach (this time with 40 volume developer) tonight after my macujo method. Hair still doesn't feel that bad. I suppose it would be better to do some macujo cycles while it's blonde rather than dye it back to brown first?

Also if anybody has some knowledge on this:
    NON-DOT Hair – H5P – 5 Panel Standard Hair(H5P)

Hydrocodone (vicodin) will not appear on this test, correct? I had a script for it, but the amount taken in one sitting could disqualify me? From what I'm reading only an "expanded opiates" test would screen for hydrocodone. I assume it would say "with expanded opiates" or "expanded" instead of standard.

10. Yes the test would be a h5peo if it were going to test oxycodone so you should be good for that. If anything does come up with the results be sure you tell them you have a script.
    I personally didn't but the aloe rid because I didnt find see any ingredients in it that you could find in other products at the store, but if you have the extra money then why not?

11. Great- if it does come up, would the amount taken be a factor? Or as far as they're concerned is a script a script no matter how old or how often I took it? That's a load off my mind though, I really appreciate it Ryfi!

12. They will have a cutoff of 200pg for that drug. I'm not sure if they would just omit that on the test because you have a script or if they have some scale to see if abuse has taken place, but if the paperwork they gave you didnt say H5HPEO then they will not be testing for it. It cost the employer extra for that

13. #5193 THCMikey, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Very nice. I appreciate the confirmation.

Quick overview, if anybody would like to give their input:

Stats: 21 / 6’3 / 185lbs
    Metabolism: Slow / Normal
    Last Smoke: May 19th 2016
    Usage: 3 Months Heavily
    Days Clean On Test Day: 83
    Days Until Test: 7
    Macujo Cleanses (w/o Aloe Rid): 5
    Reverse Macujo Cleanses (w/o Aloe Rid): 1
    Bleaches: 1 (20 Vol.) 1 (40 Vol.) (2 Total)
    Dyes: 2
    Will Zydot / Toxin Wash Daily Once Delivered

Fairly worried about this as I need this job.

14. OK I have a hft coming up just getting some insight to what you all think I'm not gonna do any methods I'm just gonna take it...

31 yo
    6' 4"
    245 lbs

Last time I smoked was on July 4 & 5 before that many once a weekend for the last month and a half so all together I've smoked around 10 times and have smoked around a 1/8 of my quarter not a heavy smoker one or 2 hits every session its ok nothing to strong so I been clean almost 30 days by the end of the week my hft is in the future maybe a month away about the start of September... body hair is gonna be used because my hair is short... anybody think my chances are good at passing ?

15. Unfortunately, no. I'm no expert, but I do have quite a bit of research under my belt. Body hair grows very slowly and therefore keeps a better record. While your usage is low, there are folks with lower to equal use than you who have failed with these methods. Your best bet would probably be to perform some sort of method. Bleaching and re-dying can supposedly destroy 30% - 60% on head hair. If nothing else, I'd at least bleach / dye the area being tested. And maybe finish off with a detox shampoo as a hail merry. I bought Ultimate Gold Biowash from a local headshop and Zydot Ultra Clean (which has some success for light users) for like $15 on amazon.

16. If you can get your hair on your head to at least 1 inch and trim (not shave) everything else shorter than that they might still go with the head.

17. Wanted to share my story.

I had a hair follicle test with 30 days notice. I passed it being 65 days clean. They took the sample by shaving both armpits.

I was an infrequent user of marijuana and cocaine. I did both a handful of times 66-90 days prior to my test.

How I passed:
    - the day I found out that I may be subjected to the test I shaved everything on my body.

Trimmed my hair to 5/8ths of inch. I kept this length throughout the 30 days by using a hair trimmer

My body hair was just over 1/2 inch.

- when I went to the collection site (Concerta) I was told my hair was too short. The doctor (or nurse?) instructed me to remove my shirt. He decided to shave my armpits.

- I waited 8 days for the results from Lab Corp.

I hope this helps if someone is in a similar situation.

18. #5198 THCMikey, Aug 2, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Well. After worrying for 2 weeks straight, I decide to call the clinic and lab. Both told me they only require 1" of length, not the standard 1.5". So I went to my hair chick and had it cut down to 1".

I'm 78 days clean giving me 8 extra days (1" = 60 days growth + the 7-10 days for it to leave your system and stop depositing in your hair) ...So I'm pretty confident I passed. Guess I did those 7 macujo's and bleached / dyed my hair FOUR times for nothing. This was probably already overkill enough at 1.5", not to mention the Toxin Wash, Biowash and Zydot. I used them anyway just in case and went to have my test done. "I hope that's enough hair" she said. Now my only worry is she didn't take enough. Oh well- if I pass I'll make that money back in about a day. Also shaved my body from the neck down which ended up being pointless- but rather be safe than sorry! Also, if anybody ever has an "eScreen" hair follicle test, they use Omega labs.

Lesson to take away from my scenario: call the clinic / lab, they might require less than 1.5"

19. I spent a week on this Forum waiting on my HFT and Got the call today that I passed! I decided to post because I didn't quite see anyone with the exact situation as mine....ok so background.

Became a infrequent smoker last year because I got pregnant so I smoked the first few months for morning sickness maybe once every 2-3 days then after 3 months I maybe smoke 1-3 times a month for the rest of the pregnancy except the 8th and 9th month (none). I had my baby and smoked maybe 2-3 times a month (breastfeeding). (smoking for me is 1/4-1/3 of a blunt)
    Side note...judge if you will but I have done my research on the effects on the baby and mother and it is perfectly fine and a few benefits (do your research). Ok back to the story.....Decided I would get a salaried job ( as I work for myself) when my baby turned 4 months and cut back to 2 times a month and then was clean for 30 days before the HFT. I had recently gotte a Keratin treatment on my hair ( African American Female) to straighten the curls some ( not for the test, just something I do every 3-6 months to loosing my curls) but DID NO OTHER PREP! PASSSSED! Start my high SALARY $$$$ Job tomorrow people!

• Like Like x 2
  20. I spent a week on this Forum waiting on my HFT and Got the call today that I passed! I decided to post because I didn't quite see anyone with the exact situation as mine....ok so background.

Became a infrequent smoker last year because I got pregnant so I smoked the first few months for morning sickness maybe once every 2-3 days then after 3 months I maybe smoke 1-3 times a month for the rest of the pregnancy except the 8th and 9th month (none). I had my baby and smoked maybe 2-3 times a month (breastfeeding). (smoking for me is 1/4-1/3 of a blunt)
    Side note...judge if you will but I have done my research on the effects on the baby and mother and it is perfectly fine and a few benefits (do your research). Ok back to the story.....Decided I would get a salaried job ( as I work for myself) when my baby turned 4 months and cut back to 2 times a month and then was clean for 30 days before the HFT. I had recently gotte a Keratin treatment on my hair ( African American Female) to straighten the curls some ( not for the test, just something I do every 3-6 months to loosing my curls) but DID NO OTHER PREP! PASSSSED! Start my high SALARY $$$$ Job tomorrow people!