Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. It is the company's prerogative as to whether or not to offer you the internship, even if you fail the drug test. However, most companies have blanket policies that state if you fail, it's a no go for the job.

I've heard it takes between one and two weeks at a maximum to hear back, although it depends on the lab you got the test done at. Also, some labs differ in terms of difficulty (cut off limit). However, with that being said, it really depends how well your method worked and how much you smoked. There was not a lot of clean time and your hair was long enough to go back awhile given average hair growth, so to be perfectly frank, your chances of passing are very much up in the air. The macujo has had some positive results, but they've been mixed overall. Doing the gman with 2 bleach/redye sessions and a good shampoo the day of the test has proved very fruitful. People who've had beyond 60 days of clean time have also had much better results, on average.

Best of luck!

2. Thanks for the quick response! I just don't know what to think. People have been saying if you fail you get a call from the MRO and it's been a full week so I don't know what to expect. Plus wouldn't the HR people not offer me it if they didn't get the test results back? Just is so stressful because I turned down 2 other internships for this one. :/

3. my husband is in the same sort of situation as well. he took the test monday we find out today like 8 hours and counting.. we did the bleach , redye method with the dr greens shampoo so ill be able to tell you if it worked very soon. hes a medium smoker one toke last thursday and 6 like  3 weeks ago and nothing b4 that for at least a month which had been for like a whole month. b4 that clean for years so we'll see. if he passes its a pretty sure thing for anyone to pass. will let u know soon

4. I have an upcoming HFT, and I was hoping you all could provide a bit of insight.

I last smoked on March 16th. Decent stuff, moderate quantity. Before that I was averaging a few hits a day, every other day for about two months.

I plan to take my HFT sometime next week, probably May 22nd. That puts me at just a bit over 60 days clean.

I've cut my hair down to about 1", and trimmed down all of my body hair. I've also done the GMan method four times, and plan to do a few more before I go in for the test. I have the hair mudd stuff he suggested as well.

What are my odds looking like?

Thanks in advance.

5. Am I the only one who doesn't want to put all this shit on his head?

You have an excellent chance of passing! My suggestion is to get all your hair cut NOW to a 6 length razor, which is 3/4in. Do this today if you can, tomorrow by the latest. Then keep all body hair trimmed to nothing. This with about 7 gmans gives you a promising shot, but if you do that haircut and get a bleach/redye along with your methods, I would feel almost certain you'll pass.

When it comes to hair length, remember, at an average growth rate of .5in a month, try your best to give yourself an additional 2-3 weeks (at a minimum) in addition to clean time. So for 60 days clean at the time of the cut, try to add a couple weeks. You want to add this time because it continues to deposit in your hair after you smoke for awhile.

7. Just wanted to give another update. I went in for my psychemedics test and they told me my hair was too short and needed to take body hair. I told them that I was informed .5'' would be enough and then proceeded to show them my trimmed body hair so they had no choice. Anyway I passed! Just got confirmation this morning, - less than 48 hours after- that I'm good to go. I did no hair treatments and I was clean for about 70 days before the test with about 1" of hair on my head for the test. :hello:  Don't worry fellow friends, just give yourself enough time to be clean and don't stress! :yay: :metal: :laughing: :ey: :yummy: Fuck you psychemedics!

8. Just curious so people know, what were your smoking habits before getting clean? Also, are you calculating "clean" time as time from the last smoke?

Finally, congrats! Love success stories.

9. got the results today. PASSED. with double bleaching and double dyeing. and dr greens shampoo the morning of. so dont go back and forth with it or it will end up green or orange bleach twice in a row, id dye with a natural tone (it will say in a little square below the colors name and number), then if it looks at all green follow it up with one that says warm in that same spot. dont forget the shampoo!!! its a sure thing because he was kinda heavy smoker 2 months ago. and we didnt cut anything off. with all the pain of just bleaching and dying i cant imagine what the viniger clean and clear tide and all that would hurt especially over and over again. especially if the results arent always good with that method. woo hoo im so happy good luck to everyone. have a blessed day!!!

10. I posted earlier, but im really curious if i need to still be washing my hair or getting it to grow faster, im gonna time line everything to see what y'all think.

I smoked heavy for 5 years, almost everyday high grade stuff. 
    last year in april after 420 i stopped smoking and i passed a home test may 15th.

this year i stopped smoking march 22nd and cut my hair to 1/8th on march 25th. giving a 2 day gap to get my blood clean. I messed up and smoked 2 more times once on the 1st of april and again on the 7th of april. I haven't smoked anymore since then and passed a piss test on the 30th of april with a strong line, I work out daily and my job is a bit on the athletic side. I am constantly doing something and on my feet. my question is...

do you think my new growth is contaminated to the point that it would be detected on a hair test? 

is it possible that my hair is only mildly contaminated because i stopped smoking for 2 days and before and after was working out everyday and getting in the sauna? 

and only slipped up twice and smoked? would that put me in the category of a light smoker?? 

my hair grows pretty fast, and it has been exactly 16 days roughly since my blood should be clean, if it is in fact 10 days to get it clean, since i smoked. so at least 16 days worth of hair is clean if it took the maximum 10 days. I wonder if the mix of the other 19+ days with only 2 times smoking would be enough thc to fail a test? i need opinions?!

other info that may be asked:

I have a very high metabolism, I eat constantly and have almost zero body fat. My veins in my arms and legs are constantly visible because of the low percentage of body fat. 

I am about 5'11 and weigh 143 pounds. 
    I ride a bike 7 miles and work out everyday except weekends. 

I have bought all the necessary supplies to do the mac method, I've also purchased hair razor, and intend on doing a bleach and re-dye, but my hair is only 1/2 and inch right now and my test won't be until sometime this month like the 20th or maybe next month.

edit: also shaved body hair on the 25th, and re-shaved arms last monday, my arm hair is maybe 1.4cm long right now, im hoping that my arm hair will be long enough, or that my head hair will be clean enough at test time. i wish i didnt smoke those 2 times, but i have a feeling that not enough thc or thca was deposited during those 2 times because i was working out and could have been growing clean hair within 2-3 days of consumption. SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME THEIR OPINION

11. someone give me their opinion on these 2 points

if i have a high metabolism and stopped smoking for 2 days and then cut my hair, growing clean hair for a week, then smoking again on the 1st of april and again on the 7th of april (a week gap) all while working out everyday and going to the sauna, is it possible that i've been growing pretty clean hair since i cut my hair the first time? 

I havent smoked since, and i passed a piss test on april 30th, its been 40 days since i last smoked, so if my hair has grown out to over .5 an inch, and i've had it cut down to .5 in again, should i be in the clear for having totally clean hair in another few weeks?

12. I doubt it is anything someone looks forward to. Just depends how bad you wanna pass.

13. well i got the call for processin on wedns. did the macujo apple cider vineger 30 mins,clean and clear astirgent (pink one)30 mins, tsal shampoo 30 mins, tide 20mins, baking soda paste 30mins, then i bleached my hair
    next day did the process again then redyed my hair dark brown  went to hr they told me i had 2 hrs to do test so go home wash my hair with tsal shampoo then did the  zydot new shirt new towel made it just in time totest hope fully i pass but im trippin cause i have20 days clean no weed did all this withen 2days ill post my results

14. So Im not really a smoker but have done it a couple times.  I havent smoked in over a year until about three weeks ago April 27.... I was really drunk and took like 3 hits two of them didnt really do it right but the last one I did good.  Well I have an interview on Monday and im like 99% sure they Hair test. so ive been freaking out looking up stuff and I just don't know what to believe.  I even bought an at home hair test and you send to a lab and they give you the results... so im thinking when i get the results back I can go from there.  If its positive maybe i can get the shampoo but alot of people say it doesn't work. But i seriously smoked one time in over a year. but it was like 3 weeks ago.... do u think like only a small amount will show up?  

15. bro just pull a crackhead and shave your dome

16. #3856 Carnius, May 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2013
    Lol they'll take from your pubes, arm pits, and if all else fails from under your fingernails. So many people say "Id just shave my head!" Haha I wish it was that easy.

17. So Im not really a smoker but have done it a couple times.  I havent smoked in over a year until about three weeks ago April 27.... I was really drunk and took like 3 hits two of them didnt really do it right but the last one I did good.  Well I have an interview on Monday and im like 99% sure they Hair test. so ive been freaking out looking up stuff and I just don't know what to believe.  I even bought an at home hair test and you send to a lab and they give you the results... so im thinking when i get the results back I can go from there.  If its positive maybe i can get the shampoo but alot of people say it doesn't work. But i seriously smoked one time in over a year. but it was like 3 weeks ago.... do u think like only a small amount will show up?  

18. bro if you did a little reading on this thread you would know HFT are only used to find regular users, not once a year users. you should be fine without hair testing yourself or buying the shampoo. 

now someone answer my damn question. 

19. "Stop smoking for 2 days"
    From what I've read it takes 10 days for the last contaminated hair to break the skin so that it can be cut. But that doesn't sound relevant anyways for your situation.

If you haven't smoked in 40 days,  that means you have about 30 days of clean hair. According to this thread thats half an inch. According to actual research papers I've looked at, it's more like 1 cm per month (.4 inches). So do a little math, give yourself some wiggle room and cut your hair short enough if you have the time. 

To your first question, it seems pretty unlikely that you've been growing clean hair the whole time.  You smoked twice in a week, plus didn't wait long enough in terms of that cut.

20. well i read that it takes 2-5 days for your blood to get clean and your hair to be growing clean after that, and i have a very fast metabolism so i went with 2 days, and i have very little body fat, i don't think the thc builds up very much in my body and being that i was going to the gym and sauna daily i feel like those 2 times would of been like someone smoking twice after being clean for a long time. but i may be wrong