Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. no did not use the baking soda but the 3% salicyllic acid astringent from clean and clear is, or seemed to be pretty damn spicy. Nearly to the point of tears especially in the first few minutes after applying. Remember the key is to open the hair follicles and then clean the core of the hair to remove the metabolites of THC from it. Conditioners and shampoos will coat the hair and make it more difficult to open the hair follicles so don't use any of these things during the treatment of your hair. Acid , and heat are the keys to stripping the hair of it's coatings (shampoo and conditioners) and opening the hair follicles. The tide and T-Sal shampoo must be doing the cleaning off of the metabolites. The hair toxin wash we bought was a green color. If you google "hair toxin wash" it will give you the website of what we purchased. But like I said not really sure if we needed it or if it was what did the trick, but whatever we did worked so...

2. epic man. You couldn't fail and you didn't.

3. So... are you saying I shouldn't use regular shampoo and conditioner at all during this "treatment"? I plan on doing it for a few days to a week before my test, every day, so are you advising that I not wash my hair while I do so? Or is there a shampoo/conditioner I can use after/before/during the treatment that won't make the process more difficult like you said? Maybe an all natural hippie shampoo or something, that doesn't have all the chemicals of regular shampoo? Lol I don't know, inform me please.

If I can I'd like to keep it clean and conditioned during the process because I know it's gonna fry my hair and make it feel disgusting.

And also, does straightening it have any effect? Negative or positive? Not a good idea?

Gonna cut my hair monday and start doing the method every night or so, I don't have the exact date of my test but I know it's coming up within the next few weeks. And ugh, I was going on a little over a month of not smoking, but then I went to a goddamn hippie fire spinning festival in the mountains and smoked a bit while I was there last weekend. Gah! I told myself I wouldn't but it rained and our tent flooded so I was miserable and pissed off and toked up. >_< I hope I can get all the shit out of my hair for my test.

4. I would think that starting to clean your hair 3 or 4 days before your test is plenty, but I guess it couldn't hurt to start earlier. No don't use any conditioner or shampoo if you are trying to open the hair follicles and wash out your toxins. But we used the T-Sal shampoo as part of the process so maybe you can just start washing your hair with that every night. It will help to strip off accumulations of crud on your hair and probably make it easier when you do get serious about stripping and cleaning your hair. I don't know about the straightening so any answer would only be a guess, but if you are getting ready to strip your hair and clean it for a test you might want to give it a break from the straightening for a few days.

5. Sorry I keep coming back and asking so much, it's just that my hair test date is growing nearer and I'm getting more anxious and nervous about it.

So I'm back with another question:

Why apple cider vinegar? Is it more effective compared to regular vinegar? Or is there no difference? I couldn't find either at Walmart, so I'm gonna have to make a trip to the grocery store or something to find it. I was just curious.

Oh, and I couldn't find Neutrogena brand TSal shampoo at Walmart either, but I found a generic psoriasis shampoo that has 3% salicylic acid in it, along with the Clean and Clear astringent. How much s-acid does the TSal shampoo have? Should I continue looking for it (I'm sure I could find it if I went on a search for it at all the drug stores), or do you think I'd be okay with the shampoo I bought?

OH and I also bought some ClearChoice hair follicle shampoo&purifier from a nutrition shop for about $35 (SO much cheaper than buying it online!!) - the chick working there said she's used it to pass hair tests before and it worked, so I got it to use on the day of after the mac/gman method just in case. It has a 200% money back guarantee... Any one have experience with this product?

Thanks for all your help guys.

6. Spike I used regular vinegar and offbrand shampoo as well with successful results. I also skipped the retail hair treatment.

7. I agree with face kicker on the apple cider vinegar thing, maybe it was recommended because it smells a little different than regular vinegar, but we also found at the grocery store a 9+% vinegar that I also use to clean the coffee pot. The T-Sal shampoo also has only a 3% acid content so the other shampoo you found may be effective as well. Do you know what lab they are sending your sample to?

8. GAH, SORRY I KEEP POSTING! I feel retarded for needing so much assurance from people... I'm so paranoid!

I asked my mom to go out and get me apple cider vinegar, and she came back with a relatively small bottle of organic unfiltered apple cider vinegar (from Trader Joes). Is this different than what was used in the original gman method? I worry that it being organic and unfiltered might have different ingredients or be different somehow than the vinegar gman uses.

And how much do you think I'll need to soak my hair for a few days? Do you guys like put it in a bowl and then soak your head in it by letting your head sit in the bowl for a while, or just pour it over your hair and let it sit?

9. #369 I--u5i0n, May 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2009
    Hey all - I just registered to let everyone know that I was going to try the Mac/gman method(s) within the next couple of days. In the effort of scientific inquiry I figured I'd give as much information as I can.

5'7, 185lbs. I'm 35, have very dark brown hair which is quite long. I'm usually just a weekend toker, but have smoked a bit more often over the last few weeks. Needless to say, my hair probably has plenty of THC in it. I haven't done any other drugs that were not prescription drugs.

I will be "starting" the process by getting a haircut (probably around 2" long or so), by bleaching it, performing the two methods mentioned above (multiple times), and dying my hair back to a mostly "natural" color. Hopefully.

I do currently have a job, so this isn't a "make it or break it" sort of a deal, but I've just been given a SWEET opportunity with a significant pay raise. The drug testing that they've instituted is a very recent deal and the company had to make it a point to tell their current employees that they were grandfathered in and wouldn't be tested (about 80% of their employees were panicking :p )

My interview is tomorrow and I'll find out tomorrow night whether or not I'll actually have to test - the boss is a very close friend so I think I've got a pretty good shot.

Anyhoo, I'll post updates as things change (I'm sure I may have to substitute ingredients or change the method slightly), and obviously when I find out whether or not I've passed.

Special thanks to all of the folks that have posted their experiences, advice, successes, and failures - you make shit like this POSSIBLE TO BEAT!!!! :)

Edit: Just wanted to add, I'll probably have to be tested (provided that I interview well) within the next week...probably sooner rather than later. This'll be a true test, methinks :)

10. Hey everyone... just found out that my test will be next Wednesday, giving me exactly a week to prepare with the method. I'm gonna start tonight. And there won't be a urine test so I don't have to worry about that. Phew.

Could someone please answer my previous question - how do you go about soaking the hair? I just cut it real short last night, it's about 2 and a half inches, so I don't have a lot.

Oh and tri-it-man, you said "we applied a towel around the shower cap we were using and heated it with a hair dryer", so you blow dried over the towel which was over the shower cap? That just seems like it'd be a bunch of thick layers and the heat wouldn't penetrate to the hair underneath it all. Am I understanding what you did correctly?

11. I'm 5'7, 170lbs, long brown curly hair, 19 and have been smoking for the past three years everyday, except for the past 6 months because of college (broke ass college student). For the past 6 months though its been at least twice a week. I was laid off from my job and i ended up finding a great job i thought. Until they told me about the hair folicle test. I went into full on research mode 2 weeks before i had to take it. Everything i had found said that it was the impossible test and you have like a 50% chance. Until i found this amazing thread which i read all 25 pages. I decided to do the mac method and then a modified version of others.

This is what i did:

This is what i did 4 times every other day until the test date...

1. Shampoo Neutrugena T/Sal coal tar shapoo (scrub and wash)
    2. Nexxus Aloe Rid- Gentle Clarifying Shampoo (dark grey bottle) (scrub and wash)
    3. Apple Cider Vinegar 30 min (shower cap )
    4. Clean and Clear- pink liquid 3% salysilic acid (5 mins after apple cider vinegar is applied)
    5. Tide- scrub for a couple minutes and rinse
    6. Shampoo Neutrugena T/Sal coal tar shapoo
    7. Nexxus Aloe Rid- Gentle Clarifying Shampoo (dark grey bottle)
    8. Aussie 3 minute miracle treatment with Aloe (leave in for 15-30 mins)

The morning of the test i did the same process one last time ending it with Zydot Ultra clean that i picked up from the local head shop. This is not a product placement, just what I picked up because i was paranoid and wanted to have all angles looked at. The whole time i was scared i was just a crazy person putting vinegar and tide in my hair. Thinking i probably can't pass i still tried. I had only stopped smoking 8 days before the test.
    The Results came back this morning, that i PASSED and start monday. I owe it all to this thread, thanks for all the great advice and support.
    Peace
    Kirques

12. I also bought a new towel just in case.

13. Question for all the pros.

I'm 19, male and pretty active.
    I recently got a job at valero and have been told I have a hair follicle.
    The last time I smoked was 4/20 and I probably my smoked like two
    maybe three hits. [didn't even feel high] other then that I can't even
    remember the last time before that.

Now my test won't be for another 2 weeks up to a month away.

I have the vinegar, clean and clear, tide and tsal shampoo.
    I'm also gonna get my hair cut down pretty low and let it grow till the test.

I really need this job, it's more like a career.
    Any help, concerns or advice would be greatlyyyy appreciated!

14. #374 SpikeTheSenses, May 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
    I noticed that Gman said he used conditioner after the process and that it was fine for the hair, but that's not what tri it man says.

Are there any conditioners (rinse out or leave in or spray) that I can use that won't close up my hair follicles or fuck up the process???

Edit: After rereading this thread again I noticed that a lot of people use shampoo with aloe in it?? Does it not affect the hair much in regards to the process?

Please let me know I'm trying to avoid ruining my hair.

15. Just a quick update - I got the job, but they're uncertain as to the status of the drug test (as in, whether or not I'll actually HAVE a drug test). It may be a month or two before they figure it out (it's contract bullshit with the new sister company that I'll be working for). I can't *promise* that I'll remember to post an update because I don't know when the test will be and, hey, my short-term memory isn't what it used to be :p but I will certainly TRY to remember to come back with my results and everything :)

16. Hey everyone, I did the method for the first time last night. It really wasn't that bad at all. Maybe it will get progressively worse as I continue to do it though.

I was a bit concerned because the astringent didn't burn or hurt my head at all... a lot of people seem to claim that's the toughest part and it didn't really have much of a painful effect on me. I massaged it in like you said and left it in for a little over a half hour. Hmm. Maybe I need to put more?

I also used a natural organic lavender/awapuhi shampoo (doesn't have lauryl or laureth sulfates) after I did the Tsal shampoo, just so my hair wouldn't smell like vinegar anymore. I probably wont' continue using it though since you say I shouldn't use regular shampoos or conditioners during the treatment... unless you think the natural stuff might be okay to use.

17. Heres a question for those that have passed a hair test using one of the aforementioned methods: Have you ever failed a hair test?

It just occurs to me that we really don't have a baseline to work from - we know that hair tests don't work as well for different ethnic groups or people with grey/white hair, and we know why, but we also know that the tests themselves aren't 100% accurate - some people's bodies just don't metabolize everything exactly the same way.

Is it possible that some of the people that have passed using the methods listed wouldn't have failed anyway?

After all...if it's for Science.... ;)

18. #378 SpikeTheSenses, May 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
    Do you need to rinse your hair or get it wet before you apply the vinegar? Because for the last two nights I've just poured vinegar over my dry hair. (Last night I used Apple Cider Vinegar, tonight I used regular vinegar...)

Like I mentioned earlier I was using Trader Joes brand unfiltered organic pasteurized ACV, but I worry that it's different than some grocery store brand ac vinegar. Can someone PLEASE inform me if there's a difference or if what I'm using is okay? Or if I shouldn't use regular vinegar (i hear it changes your hair color, is that true??)? They both have 5% acidity.

I've got the clean and clear and regular heinz distilled white vinegar in my hair right now...and it still isn't burning much, just a little bit tingly... wtf?

19. So just to answer your question based from what i did:

1.Soaked hair in water before applying GIANT brand Apple Cider Vinegar (its all just vinegar after all)
    2.Also the Clean and Clear never burned my scalp like what everyone else said. I also wondered if it wasn't working because it was not burning.

Anyways found out i passed my test two days ago...I know the stress of all this but you're doing all you can.

20. Thanks Kirques for the reply. I've started wetting my hair first now, and I guess my hair's just really thick or I have a really tough scalp or something because that Clean and Clear is no sweat at all.

So I read on another site that the original Macujo method calls for "your favorite aloe shampoo," and up until now I hadn't been using anything like that, but I just found some Suave Aloe and Waterlily Shampoo that says it's infused with aloe vera and vitamin E. Do you guys think this would be a good or a bad idea to follow up the whole gman method?

To gman (or whoever else can answer) - if baking soda is supposed to open up the hair too, then why is it used as the last step? Wouldn't it be a better idea to do it before another step so it helps to open the follicles beforehand? I haven't been using the baking soda, but I planned on adding it to the process for the days right before the test (maybe starting tomorrow or Monday, as my test is Wednesday.) I wasn't able to get the hair mudd but I have a 2 step detox product called Clear Choice that I was going to use the morning of the test also.