Passchendaele - (War Film)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sam_Spade, Feb 21, 2009.

1. I finally saw the movie Passchendaele.

I found the subject matter to be extremely interesting. I've always found the history of Canadians in WWI to be very compelling.

High production values, superb acting, classical plot and glorious violence and strife. The caliber of the combat scenes was easily on par with Saving Private Ryan or Band of Brothers.

Absolutely worth the dollars or bandwidth. I think it would be valuable for anybody to watch. It's also incredibly educational. I guarantee you that unless you're a history buff; you will learn something.

My significant other quite enjoyed the romantic subplot too.

[​IMG]

2. Man I really want to see this.
    My history class from last semester went to see it but I dropped the class too early,
    my mom saw it and said it was disgustingly gory (making me want to see it even more)

I've heard that the gore matches Saving Private Ryan's which is impressive.

Also, it is about time Canadians get some recognition for our bloodshed!

3. Yeah, I think it definitely achieves that.

4. The take give a unique portray of soldiers under fire. Apathy as opposed to drama. Ultimately I think it's less effective, but perhaps more realistic? Not sure.

5. Never heard of it... probley will watch it sometime.

6. You should. Be prepared for some mushy love scenes though, a big part of the sub plot is the relationship between a shell-shocked soldier and a nurse. Sounds cliche, I know... but the nurse is hot.

And I mean, it's not quite as cliched... there are some twist and turns. Murder and drugs, that sort of thing.

7. I thought it was good in concept and effects. But some of the lines were very corny and cliche. I saw it about half a year ago so I forget the lines, but they repeated them about 4 times.

Overall well done, love Paul Gross, go Canada!