Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parts of a bong?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by xLively, Nov 24, 2011.

1. So...

Im thinking about getting my own bong, but I dont know anything about them. Like, whats the terminology for all bongs? As in, what are the different parts of the bong so that i can know what im reading. :(

2. I'm too lazy to find the link, but look it up in the search bar, I remember seeing a thread that described, in detail, all the parts of a bong. Hell I've been using bongs for years and I even learned some things, or you can always google it if you can't find the link or get any good responses here!

3. I'll break it down for ya nice and simple.

Bong - the piece itself
    Downstem - inserted Ito the bong joint most common in 14mm and 18mm
    Bowl - inserted into the downstem and this is what you light.
    Percolation - how much a piece filters the smoke.
    Ash catcher - a form of percolation, keeps your bong cleaner and filters the smoke even more.

When you buy a bong it comes with all of these except the ash catcher. So you don't really have to worry about which to get with what. Once you learn more you will begin to develop and preference on styles and types of bongs. Percolation play a decent roll in the smoothness of your hit.

4. ^ what he said. A simple google image search of "bong diagram" gets you a visualization:

[​IMG]