Partner of a Smoker, Needing Advice

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Idk24, Dec 30, 2022.

1. My partner has recently started smoking marijuana. They said it was healthier than the THC vape pen they had been using, but it just bothers me.

I've lost so many loved ones to addiction and lung cancer, I just can't stand the thought of losing my favorite person in the world that same way. Every time I think of them smoking, I picture them in the same hospital bed as my uncle when I watched the life slip out of his eyes. I want to be able to protect them from everything, but I know that I can't.

They're not using too much, I don't think. But I just can't help worry. They have autism, as well as bipolar 2 disorder, and I know this helps them a lot with their anxiety. I don't want to be that naggy girlfriend, but I don't want to lose them either.

I don't know what to do. I thought maybe someone here could better explain to me how it's not as bad as I think. I tried doing my own research, but I only ever see negative stuff.

I also happen to work at a health food/vitamin store. I've researched what I can on the cannabinoids we carry (delta 8 thc, also.) I feel like that might be better for them, but I don't know if I could convince them to switch to that instead.

2. Smoking is WAY healthier than a THC vape pen.

Let them heal the way they need to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Cannabis is a therapeutic drug plant. There is no positive correlation with smoking cannabis and cancer. There is however a relationship between cancer and smoking cigarettes (ie. tobacco) along with cannabis, but not from just smoking cannabis. In fact, cannabis heals cancer and can be used to treat bipolar syndrome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #4 BrassNwood, Dec 30, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
    Welcome to the City.
    In general Cannabis doesn't have near the load of Carcinogenic compounds that Tobacco has. What few it does have are mostly mitigated by the healing properties of Cannabis.

Smoking vs Vaping
    I tried switching to Vape but it makes my lungs hurt, I feel like I'm breathing underwater and I just don't get the stone per toke I'm accustomed to.

Cannabis vape pens use many of the same carriers as the tobacco pen versions do.
    PG = Propylene Glycol
    PEG = Polyethylene Glycol
    VG = Vegetable Glycerin.

I went back to plain old smoking it in a pipe.

Lowest health risk is edibles They also give the best value for cost as the Liver converts Delta-9-THC (smoked version) into the stronger and longer lasting 11-Hydroxy-THC (Edible version).

This conversion works on both Delta-9 and Delta-8 by all reports although I've not personally tested Delta-8. Cannabis is non addicting and self limiting. Even the most hardcore stoner cries uncle on their own and says enough is enough.

I make and take very potent Hash based edible oil capsules daily as pain control and there is a point I'm not willing to dive any deeper into the Heavy Stone / Edge of Hallucinations then I currently am at.

Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    This is the basic recipe. Very easy to make and works quite well with powdered buds too.
    [​IMG]
    One when I wake up and I'm medicated all day long with no real need to smoke.

It takes a bit of experimentation to find your personal sweet spot dose with edibles as we all have different levels of the conversion enzyme and the amount needed can vary wildly from person to person.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. toking a pipe that runs at 800f or a vape, that burns at 350f.....................I know what Id have

• Like Like x 1
  6. My sister's boyfriend just called me tonight about his new Stary 3.0 he just received in the mail today. He is a bong smoker I'm converting. He was coughing up a lung and my sister was starting to worry about his health.

• Like Like x 1