Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Particles When Scraping Resin

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ybt_sun, Jun 18, 2013.

1. What's the likelihood of scraping off glass fragments with a paperclip when you collect resin? On my last couple scrapes I noticed two tiny, clear, hard slivers of some kind of particle. Now I'm wondering if I somehow picked off glass fragments. I didn't notice any particles at all with the rest of my resin that I collected prior to that, and I stopped right after I saw those fragments.

So what if there's been tiny, microscopic pieces of glass that I didn't notice in the rest of my resin? Would it really be harmful if you had microscopic bits of glass in your resin and smoked it (not the two noticeable pieces, but small ones that I could have been unaware of)?

Basically, any thoughts on if I should keep that resin?

2. Possibly, unless which it is a bong then I assume not. If its a bowl, clean it, and I'm sure you'll be fine it they weren't huge glass chunks.

3. Its basically nil. It can happen but you'd have to be scraping damn hard. Also; unless you were directly inhaling the scraped off particles themselves (being stuck inside the resin doesn't count) they aren't going to harm you in any way; glass is a pretty inert substance man