partial harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Panda85, Oct 27, 2011.

1. what will happen to my plant since i started harvesting and need to go to work? lol i trimmed a few branches...less than 1/4 of the plant... it weighed 130grams so far... most trichs are cloudy and a few are amber and wanted to take a chunk of it now and let it bulk up more...since more light gets down through the canopy. will they still fatten up or just mature faster? should i just finish the full harvest tomorrow?

2. Hi..

You can check the trichomes on the lower buds to see if they are also ready. If they are, then I would finish the harvest, if you can. Otherwise, the lower buds will mature more, now that they will get more light. You can harvest later... but don't wait too long!

Good Luck!

3. well heres what the trichs looked like 4 days ago about half way up the bud. there is probably like 30 more buds coming through but they arent as long as the ones i cut but they are fatter on the tops. way more light hits the lower bud sites since i cut the tallest ones off and dropped the light closer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here is a pic of one of the shorter ones, where the lower bud sites didn't fill all the way out
    [​IMG]

4. i should go get more pics of the trichs and keep an eye on what its doing... i hope the calyxes keep swelling and the trichs dont just mature faster since it thinks its dying

5. off topic but that looks effing amazing...:D:smoke:

6. it has the strongest diesel lemony smell ive ever smelled... smells like gods vagina..not even kidding.. hope it cures out well to keep that smell

7. well it looks like its doing just fine still i took some pics of what i cut...what i have left to cut..and the trichs. i decided to switch to using general organics ferts and gave her a gallon with bio bud, bio thrive bloom, and CaMg. its been a while since she has been fed so maybe she will explode with growth and since its organic it shouldn't be too bad for the taste? it was flushed on the 21st of oct and wasn't fed for a week before that. just water, molasses and a bat guano tea for that feeding.

here is what i cut which was about 140grams... 5oz wet after i trimmed the leaves and not including the small popcorn buds
    [​IMG]

here are the trichomes on the plant currently..still looks like it can go a bit longer..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is another sexy budshot from a minute ago..
    [​IMG]

and here is what i have left to harvest... ^_^
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. looks great.

9. well i just cut another 120grams off this time... still have quite a bit to go but i think ill wait a little longer(another few days) before i get the rest of it.

so far its been 260grams total wet weight(after trimming) and re-weighed the 140grams i cut off the first time..and its at ~60grams its lost at least half of the weight so far.. its pretty dry though so hopefully it doesnt lose much more.

has anyone ever payed attention to when most of the weight is lost? i would assume its in the first couple days? ive never payed attention and never weighed wet weight.. and also ive read that you end up with usually 25% dry weight vs wet weight...is the wet weight considered after trimming? i assume i took off quite a bit of weight in leaves prior to weighing wet..

10. here are some pics of round 2...i hate trimming alone lol

this is what i have left
    [​IMG]

and here is what was cut today(bottom shelf)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. you showed how to use a 150 properly thats for sure!