Partial harvest?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by RollinFat1s, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Hey GC. I am growing a g13 plant right now that is about 4.5ft tall.. It is very bushy with large main kolahs....I am about 6 weeks into flowering..
    Would it be possible to harvest the main kolahs only and keep the lower branches growing? The bottom of the plant is all popcorn buds that id like to fatten up..

Would this stunt to plant to much and hurt it?
    Is this practical?

2. Do not cut anything until 8 weeks or later. Then cut and let your pop corn grow out. Why cut your best bud early at only 6 weeks?

3. Maybe he thinks the main cola is more ripe than the other buds so he wants to cut them early? Pics would be great.

If you think it's ready I say go for it and let the others develop fully. It makes sense but not if there is still time for it to ripen up.

4. Unless it is a 6 week strain they why should he cut early to help pop corn? Let your buds finish then let your pop corn finish. Not cut buds early so pop corn can be done on time.

5. whats exact time for outdoor flowering ?
    inside its when start 12/12 but when is exactly that outside ?

Outdoor growers do not know when flowering actually starts and there is mistake of week or two in calculation.
    Worst breeders description is "Outside she will finish at Oct 05 ... " thats stupid ...

6. dont cut the main colas cuase you will cause air to go into the main stem which will fuck your plant up and it wont be able to suck up water

7. WOW :confused:

8. lol what in the f.... and what was your source for this information imarolla187?

9. You can look at your plant to see if it is flowering. Flowering starts when you see multible pistals starting a flower. Thats when you start counting.

So if the OP knows he is at 6 weeks why cut early?

Outdoor growers do not know when flowering actually starts. News to me.

OP have you checked the triks?

10. I agree with 5150 wait till at least 8 wks (check out his grow he seems to be doing something right)

I always do multiple havests on my plants just for that reason and to see if the buzz is any different :smoke:

11. Definitely check the trichs with a magnifying glass or microscope. Cutting now if not fully developed will not only leave your smoke not as good but will cost you a good chunk of weight in the end. Also if you are looking to cut now chances are that you are not going to be patient enough to properly dry much less cure your bud. I know it sucks having to wait but why put in all this work just to short change yourself now. Godd things come to those who wait, and it won`t be as long as it has been (like the monkey said when he got is tail chopped off)

12. I wouldn't cut anything until there's some indication of maturity, be it trich status (preferred), leaves gone or at the very least pistil color change. Six weeks of flowering on most every normal outdoor indica strain I've ever seen is waaaay too early.