Partial harvest to increase yeild.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by InfamousTree, Nov 21, 2017.

1. So i wanna know how well a plant with just the main colas removed will progress the smaller buds that we blocked by all colas. Can i say harvest example 4 pz from the plant in colas then harvest the remaining and say get an additional 2 oz if i let em go say two more weeks.

2. If you were to split the stem you would most likely double your two oz.
    NEXT TIME AROUND TRY IT i know you'll be happy with the results

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. If your plants are not autoflowers, you can partial harvest all you want. You can harvest all the buds and leaves off of it and flip it back to veg and reveg then grow a full new plant. You can do this for years. Over and Over again with the same plant.

You can also partial harvest your crop as well. It can possibly make your plant hermie if you put too much stress on it but that's a strain by strain basis.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I do run photos im running 12 under 2k in two 48x48 im not interested in reveg just want to see if i can turn the center growth and more larfy spots into decent sized buds looks like im going to have close to 100 main colas of majority weight. Last harvest i just stripped the larf into tho trim bag for my rso and dabs. Im thinkingi can get atleast 4 lbs if i harvest all but wanna see if i can get closer to 6 with a partial harvest. And what do you mean by split the stem?

5. #6 ILGM Will, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Splitting the stem stresses the plant. The stress causes it to produce more trichomes, resulting in heavier buds with higher levels of THC. Place a cable tie at the base of the stem and another one a few inches up. Split the stem with a sharp sterile knife. Leave the knife in place and use it to help you stick a pencil in the slit as you pull the knife out. The pencil will keep the two sides of the stem from touching. This will disrupt the flow of water and nutrients causing the plant to stress out and produce more trichomes in an effort to protect itself.

This was actually in an article from Bergman's Lab. If I can find it, I'll post the link. Found it here ya go
    http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/grow-huge-buds/44

Here's the link to the article I referred to above.

ilovegrowingmarijuana.com30
    How To Grow Huge Marijuana Buds - 7 Tips
    How to grow huge marijuana buds? What do cannabis plants need to develop big buds? The right light, nutrients and training are ways to develop bigger and

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yep I heard of that splitting the stem method but was to scared to try on my autoflowers

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I've heard the split the stem thing before too and also heard another story that makes sense to go along with that theory.

I friend of mine told me he fell on a plant once drunk and broke it nearly to the ground. He duct taped up the breaks in the morning and after that plant finished it was head and shoulders above the others stoney. It was an identical clone. Just him falling on it caused it to be way more stoney then the other plants.

It's hit and miss though.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I break my main stalks during veg. It works good and u end up with multiple main shoots. Helps for scrog. This is 4.5 weeks into flower currently.

Attached Files:

9. They make 3 passes when harvesting grapes based on their ripeness, why shouldn't you do the same with your harvest? Think quality, if you harvested those lower buds at the same time as the main colas, they would be inferior and not fully "ripened".

10. Sounds reasonable