Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

part time resident

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by jackwolfe, Aug 8, 2011.

1. I am retired and want to live in california half the year and florida half the year. can a part time resident get a card. I have a long time....30 year history of pain and bi polar issues.

2. #2 Storm Crow, Aug 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2011
    Hi, Jack! To get a rec in California, you need proof of residency- a CA driver's license or CA ID card. To get the ID you need a bill in your name with a California address- electricity, or a phone bill or bank statement.

Then it is just a matter of having some reasonably recent medical records that tell of your condition, and the cash. The price can vary between $40 to $250, so shop around! The doctor's written recommendation is all you need to be legal. But if you are a "cop magnet", the county card gives you added protection. Cops are supposed to honor the county card and just let you go.

Unless Florida changes its laws, a California rec is no protection in Florida. I hope that you will join PUFMM and help get cannabis legal in Florida.

And welcome to GC! :gc_rocks: And if you want to learn more about the medical uses of cannabis, including some on bi-polar disorder, click that first link in my sig! Cannabis is good for a lot more than "just" getting high!

EDUCATE YOURSELF! :yay:

Granny :wave:

3. thanks for the info!

how do I join the cause to get legal in florida?

4. Go to norml.com and they will have a list of things you can do.

5. awe shit! granny spittin knowledge as usual! nobody even needs to post anything after her 99% of the time!