Part time lighting

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Puffin Sutem, Jan 8, 2019.

1. D0D69220-A076-4BE9-B51C-1F0D6F8AD8BB.jpeg Hey, here’s my story. I have 2 300 watt blurple in a 2x4 tent and I would like to add cfls for side/extra lighting. So total watts would be 360. The reason why I say part time is because the wife won’t like this set up you are about to see. I was planning on using it like this from 9am-3pm until she gets home from work. So basically 6 of the 12 hours that the lights are on.

Would this be beneficial? Does it make the light less effective with the tent open like this? Will it stress the plant in any way? So, should I keep doing this? These are Lucky 7’s on week 4 of flowering. How do they look?

2. No. Happy wife happy life dude! You really wanna piss your wife off for 2.5 grams? Your tent reflects light back to your plants if there’s no where to reflect where do you think the lights going?

Just get (2) hlg 96’s and take the blurples down you won’t need shit else. You can veg with the blurples and flower with the 96’s

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah I plan on buying new lights. I just need something plug and play. I also need to wait for tax return time to get a new one. So far now I have the viparspectra. I closed the tent except for one side so now only one side is exposed. I thought adding the extra 90 watts would be a good thing. I wouldn’t piss the wife off because she won’t see it. I’d have it down before she gets home at 3:15 everyday. She’s cool with the tent, just not the lamp and shit lol.

4. I can’t see CFL’s being too beneficial.

5. Well honestly they were growing fine before I thought of adding the cfls. Could you tell me which led light is plug n play and also good quality and in the US? I can’t stress plug n play enough lol. I might try to get one like now if the price is right and if it won’t hurt the plant to switch. Also in your honest opinion, is it that much better than viparspectra? Yield and potency wise?

I don’t wanna sound like a wise ass or a know it all because this is only my third grow but the Vipars grew 3.5 ounces off of two plants so I wouldn’t call that a failure. But of course like everyone else, I want more lol.

6. Well I hear you on the plug n play but don’t be scared off by the DIY especially on the (2) 96’s it’s as easy as plugging speaker wire and there’s multiple guys on here including myself who wouldn’t mind walking you through it. You’ve got 600 watts and pulled roughly 100 grams that’s less than .5 gram per watt. And there’s guys on here pulling 1-1.5 grams per watt on here without even trying. They’re much denser than I was pulling with my viparspectra par 600 and the thrichromes are much better as well.

Francos lemon cheese
    Under (2) 96’s
    3week veg
    1.5 foot tall
    10.75oz wet
    2.25 oz dry

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I started with Viparspectra PAR 450 lights and couldn't get over 3 to 4 zips per plant. I switched to quad QB132s at 300w and got no less than 10 zips per plant on my first run with them. Did 4 plants and got 3 lbs dry from them of the best nugs I've ever seen or smoked. 1.12 grams per watt. Shooting for 1.5 next grow. ;)

I agree with Smokexbreak. Those CFLs aren't going to make a hell of a lot of difference, especially for flowering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. If you can wire up speakers you can do the QBs I was scared but it's super easy. The Lights are awesome...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eventually your tent will need to be shut day and night. Growing in your living space id get a inlet filter to prevent dust like lint and hair.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Not for $630 $350 sounds much better.

@Soil2Coco is that those new mars lights?

11. yeah that’s a big difference in price, but I’m willing to spend a few hundred.

12. Yep

13. I wish I could bring myself to defoliate like you have done. I’m worried about herming them though. I know it’s too late now but maybe next time I will.

14. I am very confident in most of my genetics. Always be wary of freebies. Defoliation plain works as you can see the bud formation only 3.5 weeks in