Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Part of my ear got bitten off, can i toke?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Balt-tastic, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Okay, so a crazy person bit off a chunk of my ear last night (long story lol). Got it cleaned up and gauzed, then in the morning i got it closed up/sewn up. Taking antibiotics and painkillers, keeping the healing ear clean. I asked the doc if it would be ok to smoke weed, and he said it wouldn't be a good idea because smoking constricts the blood vessels.....I dunno, I think the docs will basically always not condone it just out of principle.

If I were to smoke, there wouldn't be a higher risk of infection right? It's just going to the lungs right? I'm itching to smoke, it's been a few days. Oh wise ones of grass city, impart unto me your educated opinion plz

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. There's your answer. I speak to my doc about using weed and she supports me for recreational use. They aren't going to make some shit up. I mean they gave you the reasoning too...you need to trust your doc or find one you do. But I think you just want someone to tell you what you wanna hear.

Why don't you just wait? Not sure edibles would be a workaround.

Did you get in a fight with Mike Tyson or what?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. You're right, i should be cautious and patient.
    I got into a fight with a former friend who's a paranoid schizophrenic, he lost his marbles and thought i was conspiring against him and trying to steal his girl. 'Tis the season for lunacy I s'pose.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I would be tempted too.

5. That just sounds like a doctor who is against cannabis use in general, I am guessing an older white gentleman? I would be smoking if I were you, wouldn't even cross my mind not to with an ear issue

• Like Like x 3

6. Lol that's bullshit doctors for you dude.. one of them tried to tell me every person with cancer in there 30s is because of smoking weed :lmafoe::lmafoe: another one told me she thinks weed would be best for pain :confused_2:

All docs have a view on weed & if they don't like it they'll just tell you some bullshit so you don't smoke lol

The only time I've took there advice was when I had surgery & they said i had to be clean for 24 hours because it can make you wake up during the operation.. fuck that lol

I also take strong medication for pain relief the doctors never said weed can fuck with them :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would smoke

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Or you could make edibles

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I presume you mean condemn cannabis use not condone but actually it depends what your blood pressure is like. If that's all solid then smoke away. Also mentally if you feel ok about what's happened to you. If you are worried or paranoid then cannabis may increase that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. As a nurse I spent my working life around docs and I'm telling you some of them are fucking idiots. Did this same doc warn you against drinking coffee since caffeine constricts blood vessels? I suppose if you had your ear sewn back on then having all the blood flow you possibly could get would be a good thing but you didn't, you just have a piece missing so even if weed did constrict your blood vessels it wouldn't be enough to matter. We all get cuts and bruises that heal just fine while we smoke pot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Of course you can smoke. CBD helps inflammation. But if a pot plant starts growing out of your ear from the antibodies, don't come crying to me lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. I guess your brother was right when he warned you not to smoke weed with Mike Tyson! :roflmao:

As far as what the doc said... pffft. What a bunch of BS. Here, let me translate: What he REALLY said is, "I am a doctor who doesn't want to get sued so I must say no."

If your doctor was really concerned about vasoconstriction, he'd be warning you about having coffee, tea, chocolate, soda, tobacco, or going out into the cold. lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. That's all the confirmation I need, thank you! And thanks to everyone else for the replies, much love. Sparking a bowl in a little bit

14. You heard the doc so Toss the weed n the nightstand and crush up those pills.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Smooooooooooooooke

• Like Like x 1
  16. Your Doctor is an ID10T We've known for about 100 years that Cannabis is a VASODIALATOR. It's why your eyes turn red.
    Return to him and ask for your money back as he gave you bogus information.
    Turn him in to the ASPCA and whatever other alphabet soup agencies you can think up.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Hm am I the only one who is curious how much of his ear he lost lol.

*clears throat*

Sucks man, but I think you will be okay to smoke, than again I am not exactly a doctor either!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'd say a solid quarter of it, the top portion. Might post a picture later.
    Yeah it sucks a bit, but i'm fine, and I've been smoking pretty much daily and no problems.

19. Goodness man, that is terrible!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Two years ago I had a rather unfortunate fight with a Chainsaw. It won, I ended up in ICU.

During and after 6 different surgeries and while being on Morphine and Later Pethadine, I smoked weed. Doctor at the end said I healed surprisingly fast, so ya

I am not saying that you should smoke weed, but from my experience it did nothing to my healing IMG_20161129_073225-01.jpeg

Sent from my ANE-LX2 using Grasscity Forum mobile app