Paroxetine (Paxil)

Discussion in 'General' started by TheHashanator, Jan 4, 2007.

1. hey grasscity. ive been smokin for a long time now and also been subsribed to Paroxetine. I have been on it for about 2-3 years and I feel it is now ruining my life and my emotions. All i can think about is death, whats after life, i fear it and sometimes almost cry because of it. I feel that paxil is the cause of feeling like im living in an awful dream and Im almost sure i dont need the help of it anymore. I want to be free of prescription medications. Please anyone who has gone through the awful pill Paxil. TELL ME HOW TO STOP. I tryed stopping before and went into a HUGE depression, almost suicidal. Thanks GC. I always turn to you when im in need.

P.S. This is in Rec Marijuana cause i straight out like this part the forum the best and i know u guys respond quick as hell.:rolleyes:

2. You need to talk to your doctor and have him ween you off of it. Just stopping
    suddenly will cause all kinds of withdrawal problems. But talk to your doctor
    about it and tell him or her what you just said here.

Edit: BTW I took paxil for about three months one time but it was hell so my
    shrink prescribed three other medications that work wonders for me. I won't say
    what they are as you said you don't need paxil anymore anyway and they have
    some pretty bad side effects of their own which most people wouldn't like.

Hope that helps.

3. what i forgot to include in the post was that He believes that i should stay on it and up my dose, he thinks uppingmy dose will solve the problems. I disagree

4. Were you prescribed it for something that happened that you needed help
    getting over or did you suddenly one day start feeling or noticed that you
    were depressed? Did that make sense?

If it was for the former, I'd say get off of them. If you were diagnosed with
    something like Major Depression then you may have some talking to do with
    your doctor about what the best course of action is.

5. But definitely get off of them, gradually. If they're making you feel bad, and
    paxil has a rep for doing that, it's time to either switch meds or just be thankful
    they helped when you needed them and get the hell off the anti-depressants
    completely.

6. Well, I wasnt even diagnosed with anything except panic attacks, which i was put on paxil for. And im at an older age now that i think i can handle my panic attacks, included with the help of Xanax, my choice of a better prescription.

7. If you're on Xanax and it's just for panic attacks, Paxil seems pretty superfluous anyway.

8. exxaccctly! i jus needa know how to get off of them without the AWFUL side effects. i was out of it in bed for a full two weeks last time i tryed.

9. swim wouldn't bother with suggesting to your doc that you wish to taper

they will draw it out at least 1.5x what it could take and thats at best at worst they'll claim a 3-6 month period where you slowly every 2 weeks to a month take the next lowest dose

your mind will adjust to the changes if you lay off the bud try to sober up only taking xanax if the social anxiety disorder or vanilla panic attacks are extremely harsh

the key to getting off long term anti-depressants is to make your body make due with the serotonin/dopamine levels it can produce naturally

when you go fucking with the release or in the case of many anti-depressants literally slow the receptors transfer of these signals so you feel more off less (exactly why you can get serotonin syndrome mixing it with mdma)

the body needs a mild depressive 'jolt' of sorts to catch itself without the need for months of slow detox

upon stopping completely you will feel like shit it's gonna suck but you gotta take the hit or use bud/ect to counter the effect of your body losing that less is more reaction to each receptor tickle

good luck dude it's a shitty horse to be riding but once you get past it you'll start loving all the emotional lil things you lost to the round the clock enhancement