Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
  1. So I've been smoking for about a year and a half and my parents have caught me twice, both times when I was a minor. My brother used to be a big drug addict and had gotten in trouble with the law. I need to find a way to help convince my parents that mmj would help me in multiple ways. I understand they don't want me to become like my brother, but I don't know how to break the barrier and explain to them. I could use any and all ideas please!

2. May I suggest that you click the "MMJ Studies" link in my sig? Here's a sample-

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs. (news - 2008)
    Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.

The Surprising Effect Of Marijuana On Morphine Dependence (news - 2009)
    http://www.redorbit.com/news/health...g_effect_of_marijuana_on_morphine_dependence/

Adolescent Exposure to Chronic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Blocks Opiate Dependence in Maternally Deprived Rats (abst - 2009)
    Neuropsychopharmacology - Abstract of article: Adolescent Exposure to Chronic Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol Blocks Opiate Dependence in Maternally Deprived Rats

Some go without a cigarette: characteristics of cannabis users who have never smoked tobacco. (full - 2007)
    Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med -- Some Go Without a Cigarette: Characteristics of Cannabis Users Who Have Never Smoked Tobacco, November 2007, Suris et al. 161 (11): 1042

Cannabis Use Not Linked with Psychosocial Harm (news - 2004)
    Entheology.org - Preserving Ancient Knowledge

I am certain you will find even more studies and articles to support your use.

Granny :wave:

3. /thread