Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parents

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Banksysmom, Dec 5, 2016.

1. So, I got my father (68 year old disabled vet) his medical card three days ago. Now my mom wants hers. I think it's a great thing, anybody else experiencing this with their family members?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  2. Well not in legal state my elders (76 and up) will use the canna lotion i make for their old joints.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Great to hear that. Whether it be for rec or med reasons it's a shame more family can't enjoy smoking together. So many people/families sit around and drink but there is such a taboo on cannabis. As a guy in my 40's I would love to be able to sit down with one of my sisters and share a smoke. Sadly they don't even know I grow.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Well unfortunately I live in a prohibition state so getting a card isn't in the cards.But wife has stage 4 cancer ; so I'm growing to make her Rick Simpson oil. With the circumstances being what it is I need some for me too. But only after I make sure she has what she needs first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  5. Glad to hear folks taking care of family members. Sadly both of my parents are dead. Neither one of my brothers will smoke with me. Good luck to all of you. tagteam1, hope your RSO helps your wife. At least you can choose the strains you want and know they're are grown without pesticides.

• Like Like x 4
  6. if you have access to particular strains start with high CBD strains and work up to high THC strains for them. or a mix of both thc and cbd

• Like Like x 3
  7. #7 wswingle, Dec 6, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    Got my MM card last year @ 63. It soothes back pain. I too am a veteran.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 3
  8. My parents are dead and buried, but I took my sister to a recreational dispensary and she was giggling like a schoolgirl. She could not believe it was happening. God bless America.

• Like Like x 5
  9. I've sent my mum an article about benefits of medical marijuana and now she asked me if we can smoke something together next weekend! I can also mention, that she haven't been smoking 15 years now so that is quite shocking for me.
    What is the best way to smoke for the non-smoker? Vaping? Bong?

10. use a vaporizer that can deliver good flavor... only use a small amount in the beginning for her and wait it out after taking a few hits on the vape... very important... have some fresh black peppercorns on hand to chew on if she experiences anxiety and uncertainty... even better, if you have access to legal cannabis then go for a strain with plenty of cbd in it.... the thc is fun but could cause paranoia to someone that has not indulged in a long time

11. Black peppercorns - that is great advice. Thank you very much for your reply!

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think a bong where you can put ice into it to cool the throat. One hit will do you.