Parents sold house, are giving me $1000

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ra1nMan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Don't buy China glass, your head shop probably sells it.

$130 Da Buddha vaporizer.
    $110 HVY straight tube. 5mm/16"/slit diffusion down stem/14mm slide.
    $10 14mm GONG adapter.

Connect vape to bong, save weed = save money. Get too stoned. ;) Plus smoke from the bong.

I like RooR too, but I'm a brand whore. They don't offer any special diffusion for a tight budget like you're on (well, their RooR Tech line does offer percs but you pay for them. You can change the downstem but that's an added cost). It's more of a 'baller' piece than 'bang for the buck' piece.

2. If i had $200 to blow on a bong right now i wouldn't even hesitate... i"d get that bong.

3. This is like saying "I have $20 to spend on dinner, any suggestions?"

I mean damn man there's literally hundreds and hundreds if not thousands of tubes for $200 and below. Just pick for yourself based on what YOU want. Do you want 1 chamber? 2 chambers? A tree perc.? A circulator? Something gridded? A small tube? Large tube? Tube with a downstem? All clear? Something with a label? Something with a worked section? 5mm glass? 7mm? 9mm? Glass on glass? Grommet style? Ice pinches? Bent neck? Small bore? Large bore? Splashguard?

I mean there's a million options man, the only thing you need to know is: Make sure it's not China glass. Other than that, do ya thang and pick whatever you think would work best for YOU

4. Fuck I forgot the black magic no eraseys.

You've won this time!

5. Buy a bong and a bunch of weed, then put the rest in the bank

6. how do i know its china glass? and whats wrong with china glass?

also i want a diffused downstem ash catcher and ice notches and splash guards

7. If its shitty and has one of those cone to tube thin ass glass bowls its more than likely chinese or just some cheap ass shit, this isnt the case for all of them though. Some chinese pieces look good until you actually hit them, then its drag city. As far as whats wrong with it, theres alot of reasons but it can basically be summed up with china glass sucks.

8. China glass is machine made, high end glass is hand made.
    Chinese glass quality is lower = less strength.
    Chinese glass gets stretched by machine = thin points. Thin points break easily.

Lots of Chinese bongs are rubber grommet. Their downstems usually are just a single hole with the bowl connected to the downstem. Diffusion = non existent.

Lots of Chinese percs are just for looks. They function the worse you could expect a perc to function, and they restrict air flow majorly. You don't want drag, so you don't want a Chinese perc. And, they're hard to clean.

A nice bong has GONG (glass on glass) fitting. These are accurate fits, so you can use different slides and downstems. The downstems vary from great diffusion to the regular one hole diffusion. The slides vary from one hole to scientific (like a disc screen slide or ice pinch slide).

Why the need for splash guard? Only high end tubes that need splashes come with them. You wouldn't need a splash on a regular SG Stemline tube because you wouldn't suck water that high (although the bubbles stack very high).

Ice pinches are good, but it turns out most people are too lazy to use them. The ice melts and messes up your water level. There's been some talk about it being bad for your lungs. I'm not against pinches, but if a tube doesn't have them it's not an issue to me. My favorite tube/bubbler doesn't have pinches.

Ash catchers.. for your budget, I wouldn't get one. I don't even use one (I've had 3 high end ones). They run over a $100 easily. Some are in the 200's. There's ups and downs. They do add a chamber and diffusion, but is that needed? (It's nice, but you can get enough smoke flow without it) They keep the tube cleaner, but often over flow into the tube. You have to clean the catcher too, so you're cleaning 2 items. Why not just clean the bong? I'm not too into catchers.

There's also carbon filters, which keep your bong cleaner than an ash catcher and are much cheaper. You just need to buy the active carbon for them.

9. wrong..they start around $80 all the way upto $1,000+

10. seriously, If I was him I would get a roor or ehle from the grasscity shop. I mean, molino if the brand doesn't matter to him.

11. Dude holy shit. I almost creamed my pants before i realized it was a fucking typo.

12. 3.2mm-3.5mm glass is awfully thin.

Those roors on grasscity under $200 are not even worth it in the least bit. You can get a hvy beaker exact same size thats 5mm glass and only $110.

13. Buy a bong over 5mm and non china under 200...Start the looking.

14. Depending on your area, my local head shops offer a great bong for that price. Im not sure if anyone knows about NG (nice glass) bongs but I think that they are great for a 200 $ price range.

15. #35 gasguzzler, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I couldn't agree more about Roor, go and get a 5 mm HVY beaker I think they run about 200 n the us peace GG

16. Parents sold house? Sounds like you need to deposit that 1grand in your savings and not think about marijuana for a while.

17. lol, maybe they have more than one house.

18. Lmao I'm guessing they're just moving ;)