Parents interfering with my life (im sure you can relate)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by devilsheep, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Just make yourself and your family happy. Reach a compromise with yourself not necessarily an in writing with your family compromise but simply a compromise that allows you to function in the fashion you wish whilst still maintaining a relationship to the people who have raised your hairy ass for 18 years.

Don't get angry about it do the whole aggressive "I'm gonna do what I want" argument.

I faced this similar situation and was torn between my loves. family love and maryjane love. Leave your family in the dark about your blazing and just tip toe through the tulips and you get to keep the money and family keeps you in high regard.

nothing rash needs to take place I always downplay my families agression toward me about my consumption of MJ. I usually just belittle their agruments and make their own logic sound irrational when i compare my intake of MJ to caffeine/pills my parents take.

I remember my Father once called smoking weed " Trashy " I lol'd in my head but I kept a straight face. but my parents are from a generation where penalties for possesion of marijuana was much much harsher.

all in all tough situation but just dont stress but dont get caught offguard with your MJ. cant be a lazy stoner when trying to ninja toke

2. Depending on how the money is invested, you may be able to withdraw it without his consent when you're 18; I'm pretty sure that's how a RESP works.

3. Tell him if you don't graduate and continue to smoke you will give him the 12k back. That should be motivation enough to graduate.