parents having a problem with my black gf

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by xXMelkorXx, Feb 21, 2011.

1. so ive been seeing this awseome girl for the last 3 months..shes funny, gorgeous, down to this fucking earth, sensual, and really into me..and shes very very dark..

so i finally introduce her to my parents, and i could tell instantly that they didnt like her..my father is a really rich prominent lawyer, who thinks his shit doesnt stink..and he really values economic social class structure..but by no means is she ghetto..in fact her parents are better off than mine..lol

so after we left dinner, i texted my dad asking him wtf is his problem..and i quote "dating a black girl has its problems that i dont want you or i to deal with. she's probably using you for $ and stuff."

i was pretty upset, and it really upset her..it was rather important for my parents to like her..btw her parents love me..she hasnt dating very many guys that treated her well at all..

so yea..anyone have any advice about dealing with stuff like this? racist parents, or tips for interracial dating?

now go and tell me we dont make a great couple? i dont see why color fuckiing matters..the only real difference is that she doesnt let me pull her hair in bed! that shit gets serious! lol

[​IMG]

2. there's no real problem here. You like her and that's that. You tell your parents that they will have to deal with her because you're happy with her. If they don't like it, tell them to go kick rocks I dont know. It really shouldn't matter what your parents think, if you're happy, then shit. BE HAPPY.:smoke:

she's very cute btw :ey: tap that harddd

3. I don't think there's much you can do about it man. You aren't going to change the way your parents think. Best you can hope for is that they'll be respectful and polite while she's around.

Pretty girl, congrats.

4. Damn, you guys do look like a great couple. As for you parents, I think you can only let time tell. Just over time, your parents will HOPEFULLY get the message that she isn't bad, and that their judgments (and steriotypes) are wrong. You seem like a fully mature guy, so they can't really do anything about. Keep dating her, and I wish the best of luck for you guys:hello:

5. well i wish it were that simple..i share custody of my son with my dad..and he doesnt want my girl around my son..so its getting intense..and im about to whoop the shit out of him..again!

and thanks brother..shes a fox man..im not sure if i love her yet..i have a wall around my heart big time..but i can see this going somewhere..most people think were an adorable couple..but i get stares alot of black guys and white girls..like im gunna get knifed in the back lol

6. oh..they are really respectful and polite..they are the best at being fake and two faced..especially my stepmom..she gives some fucked up back handed compliments " you have such pretty complexsion..but i bet you get ashy alot" i just remember her giving me this look like get me the fuck out of here..

as im sitting here..im looking over at my bed..her all sprawled out like a little kid..warms my heart

7. The best you can hope for is that your parents get to know her better, and realize she's a great girl. Maybe they just need to spend more time with her, its not like she's some ghetto black chick like your parents make her out to be.

BTW, she is mad cute, seems like a great catch brotha.

8. thanks man! shes afraid to go back over there though..it really messed with her..she rarely cries..and that was the first time ive seen it..broke my heart..

and yea she is..started off as friends..then one night we tripped together..and confessed our intense chemistry to another..made love that night..it broke the dam of emotions..and stayed in bed til the next afternoon talking..it was OV from there

9. Aw you two look so happy and cute! I love the pic!

I wish I could offer some advice cos I am sort of in the same situation. Except I am Indian and my boyfriend is white. My parents don't approve of him and want me to date someone in the same caste as me. The situation sucks but I think you just have to learn not to care what other people think as long as you are happy cos that is what counts.

Hmm..you just gotta comfort her and let her know you don't share the same views and that they are the ones with the problem. You should also talk to your parents and I know it is hard and you can't change their minds but just let them know how you feel about her and that she isn't a bad person. I hope things work out for you..would give me hope lol.

10. You guys look like a great couple. Ask your parents if they love you because if they can't set their racist ideas aside for you to be happy, then they don't. (not trying to be offensive, just trying to help)

11. You guys look great together. I think your parents should be able to put aside their views once they see that you two care about each other. I could never understand why people make assumptions based on the colour of someone's skin.

12. #12 tuchaka, Feb 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2011
    ya you got yourself a keeper there , it's all in your dad's head and since it's irrational bias and prejudice just try and not make it your problem as much as possible. Hopefully your parents will come around good luck man

*as a side note i have seen enough of these situations that if the couple decides to get married usually the family comes around cause they realize if they ask their relative to pick 'the family' over the wife they are gonna loose. So no matter what your plans are safe bet that sooner or later your family will come around.

13. As long as your happy right now, and she treats your right that is all that matters.

Fuck what your parents think, do what makes you happy and stick up for you and your girlie!

14. dont have any advice but congrats homie your chick is bad :smoke:

15. you have successfully taken the woman of my dreams, you asshole.

16. She's gorgeous:D

I dated a black guy in the past, but I'm fortunate enough that my parents didn't really mind. I say "really" because sometimes I got weird vibes from them, but I think they both know I would have freaked the fuck out if they mentioned his race having something to do with why they sometimes acted weird.

I know exactly how you feel about getting weird looks as well, it blows. I used to feel fucking awkward, but the more we hung around people who accepted us and our relationship, the less the strange looks mattered.

I don't think you should let your parent's opinions matter. If you're happy with her then fuck every one else. Finding real love in this world is hard enough, when you find it, you shouldn't let it go over something as trivial as skin colour.

All you can do is hope they'll get over their prejudices and see her as a human being who makes their son happy.

Best luck to you both:wave:

17. You are lucky if you get weird looks. People make it so obvious they aren't fans and give us the death look. I've seen people stare for ages just looking so god damn unhappy.

18. love doesn't know color. I'm so happy that there are people out there who understand that. And sad to know that there are people who know.
    It sounds like your parents are ignorant. My ex's parents loved me for the longest time, but when it came out that I was middle eastern I was treated so differently and not for the better.
    If you want to be with her, tell them that they need to support your decision and try to see beyond skin color. Not everything in life is black and white (no pun intended).
    I wish you the best of luck!

p.s. she looks like a beautiful woman :)

19. thanks!! and yea it is quite similar..since im sure my father likes the caste system..and she knows that i dont share those beliefs..she wouldnt have dated me otherwise..

i did..i dont think its racist..just social/economic barriers

lol..not quite to the point where i see her being my wife..but ive of course..entertained the idea..

its a jealousy thing..black guys hating me for taking the hot black girl..and white girls hate her for taking a hot white guy..lolz

sometimes i find it satisfying..other times..really annoying..

20. that is some foxy brown sugar you got there man, congrats.

and as for your parents, i have been in your situation in the past, and unfortunately there might never be a real solution to the problem. when i used to talk to my family, they would bring up an ex-gf that was black and wouldnt let up (even though it happened years ago).

peace and good vibes