Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parents gave me ultimatum

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WisdomInTheTree, Sep 26, 2011.

1. I'm a senior in college, I'm going to graduate next semester. I go to a big state university, my parents live about forty minutes away. This weekend I as at home and parents sit me down and say that they saw some purchases on my credit card from a headshop. I have a job, and make my own money, but my parents pay for my car insurance and rent and stuff. They said that although they aren't mad at me they won't pay for college and stuff if I keep smoking pot. They want me to swear I'll stop.

I want to graduate college debt free, but I also love smoking. I feel like I should just stop, but I know if I'm at a friends house and they break out some bud I'm gonna smoke, but I don't want to lie. I'm just looking for some sage advice from some peoples who may have been in a similar spot.

2. As difficult as it sounds, you're gonna have to stop if you want them to continue paying for you, or you could just lie. If you do want to smoke, then you have to lie and be comfortable with it.

3. Stop till you graduate man, it'll be worth it in the long haul

4. Agree and smoke anyway. I know it's not right, but it's the best option to sort of have a win-win situation. They think you did and just don't do any more credit shopping for fun things. Quitting would be a better alternative but if you don't have the willpower then don't.

5. Fuck that shit just hide it crazy good.

6. If you don't want to lie to them, stop smoking. If you want to keep smoking, lie. Those seem to be your choices in this scenario.

Also, maybe refrain from using a card that your parents can view statements for when you visit headshops.

7. that sucks man,thats why i always like to pay in cash for most things,but i think you should just use this as an excuse to take a t-break until you graduate then start blazing again

8. Continue smoking, and the next time you need to visit the headshop, withdraw cash :D

9. Sounds like you should do those purchases in cash.

10. Just don't use your credit card for the headship anymore and keep smoking. If you really feel like your betraying their trust or your just scared of losing their money then stop it's oh worth the risk if you personally think it is

11. Only do it when offered then and don't spend any cash

12. You could try educating your parents on Marijuana. If you don't go that route then the only two other options available have been said already.

13. Get some balls and tell them you're gonna smoke like its the 70's. Besides, there's a million other people with student loan debt, its life.

14. [​IMG]

give em the bird, and walk the fuck out. Say you won't talk to them until college is over unless they let you smoke.

15. Stop 'till you graduate. Think of it as a long T-break, waiting for the day to fly again. :]

That's if you can't get away with it, of course.

16. sorry man but.....the fuck is wrong with your parents?? that's fucking awesome they pay for all your shit and all but who the hell looks at their sons credit card purchases and who tells their 18+ year old son what he can and cant do with his life..

just fucking hide it like an elite ninja would

17. My parents are good people, they are just VERY conservative. I was honestly amazed they didn't get upset. I don't want to lie to them, because if they ever found out that would really piss them off. I think I'll just stop buying and just smoke when friends have some. After finals thought I'm getting stupendalo baked

18. Senior in College, isn't that like 21 years old!? Your parents are looking at YOUR card statements. Get on that for one and get some freedom and privacy.

19. i would stop dude finish school better than being broke all the time

20. Dude! I swear to god that I was in that exact situation 4 months ago! Just tell them yr gonna quit but be a sneaky little bitch like me and just do it behind their backs and play it off cool lol. Every damn day