Parents found my stash...

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by catalysto, Aug 20, 2009.

1. So, i am a senior in high school (18 yrs old) and my parents recently found my stash of cannabis devices, empty pill bottles reeking of ganja etc.

They didnt seem as angry as i thought they would and now that they know i want to take a different approach

I have ADD and moderate Asthma,

Asthma

when i was a child, my Asthma complications caused me to go to the hospital numerous times and i had an oxygen machine that i had to use on a regular basis, as i grew older, it seemed to subside, until i was 10 or 11, when i would get spasms in my chest (asthma) and had to use a rescue inhaler.

these spasms still occur today, and i was tired of using a pharmaceutical. I tried cannabis when i was 16 years old, and after a while, i linked it to my reduced asthma, as when i took tolerance breaks, i had a kick up in lung spasms.

ADD

i was diagnosed with ADD when i was 15, but i had clearly had it all my life, i was mildy hyper active, some what impulsive, and my mind raced ahead. the impulses i can control with maturity, but the other symptoms i cannot

I was perscribed Strattera (atomoxetine HCl) 60mg once a day

i quickly learned that i hated how it made me feel, i had no energy, no appetite, i woke up at 5 am every day, but had to take frequent naps from exhaustion. so i stopped taking the medication but still fronted that i was.

when i began to smoke cannabis regularly i felt that i was more in control, and i could focus more.

Now you must understand I've had to hide my self medication for years because of my parents attitudes (or my perceived attitudes of theirs)

I feel that in combination with them watching The Union, Showing them Granny's List on ADD and Asthma, and maybe visiting a doctor i can change their mind.

So GC, can you please help me out, give me your thoughts on if and/or how i should go about breaching the subject.

Thanks for reading such a long post,

Josh

2. Good luck to you man.

Although I don't have asthma, whenever I toke I feel like I can breath much better.

EDIT: The Union, and Granny's list seems decent enough, but if not, find the documentary "In Pot We Trust"... it's good as well.

3. i feel like going for a 'bate.

4. Mom: josh...have you been smoking weed?
    Josh: all i do is smoke weed...sheeeit....
    Mom: that attitude is going to get you nowhere in life
    Josh: smokin weed all day! dont give a fuck!!

problem solved :)