Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parents found a bag with weed particles in it

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by gusbus420, Oct 6, 2013.

1. I am 18. So last night my dad decided to climb under the porch and found a bag with little pieces of weed in it. I owned up and said it was me and that I've only done it a handful of times. My dad was furious and said threatened to kick me out if it happened again. He talked about how drugs ruin families and weed could lead to cocaine and heroin.
    A little background on my dad: He used to snort lines and mess around with all sorts of drugs, including weed. In fact, in the last five years my aunt and my dad smoked at a family party while picking up pizza in the car. 
    He said he's so disappointed in me and they said they're wondering what they did wrong that their kid smokes pot. I'm just mad because it's hypocritical when I said that he's smoked pot before and he replies  "times have changed" and "don't say that to me."
    I'm currently thinking about giving up smoking, about to start my job on Tuesday, and I'm not gonna accept money for doing things around the house. But how should I make my argument with my parents concerning weed?
    Thanks gc

2. #2 AuhMayZing, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    show them you can be successful and smoke, or simply move out and do what you please.
    (or keep quiet and be more responsible of your accessories.)

3. Make them watch some positive weed documentaries..Continue to smoke wether they like it or not, however, dont smoke in the house cause thats just fucked lol. Smoke in the backyard or something. Eventually they'll start to understand you're responsible enough to handle it, also occasionally talk down pills/alcohol/ other drugs so they can get the idea you're ONLY a weed guy and have no interest in these other drugs.

4. Your dad sounds like a real class act.

5. what the fuck possessed him to be like 'oh hey i think i'll crawl under the house on the off chance I might find a bag of weed there'
    i've said it once and ill say it again, VERY FEW, PROBABLY NO PARENTS EVER, would EVER be convinced by anyone, much less their own 18yr old, that letting them smoke weed is good/beneficial in any way.
    stop til you move out or dont leave evidence around the house

6. The medical facts often are helpful, and My List can provide them. For your free copy, check out the bottom of my sig and send me an email! Just go through the List and keep your family's medical history in mind!

Example- Does Alzheimer's show up in your family?

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's      (news - 2006)
    http://www.webmd.com/alzheimers/news/20061006/marijuana-may-slow-alzheimers

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

It is foolish to wait until the symptoms of Alzheimer's show up to begin treating it! When it comes to Alzheimer's, cannabis can be used as a preventative medicine!  No plaque, no Alzheimer's!  :yay:

As for cannabis leading to other drugs. Research has shown that it is the DEALER with multiple drugs to offer, who is the "gateway", not the cannabis! Cannabis use actually lessens the chances of using harder drugs. :eek:

Study of 4000 indicates marijuana discourages use of hard drugs.      (news – 2008)
    http://www.csdp.org/publicservice/medicalmj08.htm

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults    
    http://www.webmd.com/parenting/news/20100902/teen-pot-smoking-wont-lead-to-other-drugs-as-adults

Study Questions Marijuana As Gateway Drug      (news - 2006)
    http://www.drugfree.org/join-together/drugs/study-says-marijuana-is-no

No 'Smoking' Gun: Research Indicates Teen Marijuana Use Does Not Predict Drug, Alcohol Abuse    (news - 2006)    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/12/061204123422.htm

Gateway To Nowhere? The Evidence That Pot Doesn't Lead To Heroin     (news - 2006)
    http://www.thehempire.com/index.php/cannabis/news/gateway_to_nowhere_the_evidence_that_pot_doesnt_lead_to_heroin

Twin study fails to prove 'gateway' hypothesis       (letter - 2003)
    http://www.ukcia.org/research/EscalationOfDrugUse/TwinStudyFailsToProveGateway.html

Your dad realizes that his drug use was a big mistake. He wandered off cannabis and into the harder drugs and fears you will repeat his mistake! Your dad is just doing what a dad should do, trying to keep his kid from making some of the bigger mistakes in life. You need to (politely) tell him you are smart enough to learn by his example, and he didn't raise a fool!

And he is right! Times HAVE changed! In most states, you no longer risk 20 years in jail for a couple of particles wrapped in a bit of paper! (run "Timothy Leary California 1968" for that story) Two states have legalized recreational use and more are soon to follow!
    20 states and Washington DC all have some form of medical use! 

http://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000881

Even southern states, like Florida, are petitioning for medical use this year! Times have changed for the better! It is much safer to use cannabis now than 20 years ago!

And a word of advice, keep as calm as possible while talking to him. This is to be one of your first "adult to adult" discussions with your dad. He most likely will try to put you two back into a "kid/parent mode". Parents often resist losing control over their kids who are growing up and your using is a HUGE loss of coontrol. Explain that you, as a young adult, are making a wiser choice with cannabis. Unlike alcohol, cannabis never kills and doesn't destroy brain cells.

Good luck, hon!

Granny

7. #7 CannabisGirL, Oct 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
    Wtf was your dad doing crawling around under the porch in the middle of the night? And you say he USED to do all kinds of drugs... -Kayleigh

8. Just use your time machine to go back and deny that it was yours.

9. Storm Crow strikes again 

10. sounds like my parents and to this day after 3 years they still think marijuana = heroin. you might just have to keep it out of the house for the time being. itll be worth it and just blaze outside and try to be conscious of the "evidence" that may be found and can be potentially harmful in the future 

Exactly what made your dad do that? Probably was  on drugs himself

If your other family members do it at parties why did you admit to it when it was found?

You should probably just keep it on the dl 

12. Yeah u should of said "i don't know dad. Don't you smoke weed.? could it be a stash you forgot about.?"

13. I actually convinced my mother to let me smoke before school. I smoked one morning and wrote an entire paper on the benefits I experienced that day at school.

14. Bro thats so awesome I was just telling my friends the other day how could it'd be if some noob told me a bunch of shit that never happened.

15. I've got the list on my desk right now if you want to see it.

16. You should have told him that you have already tried Crack, Meth and Heroin, but decided they weren't for you.

Then you should agree with him that you probably shouldn't be smoking weed, and ask if he wants to drive down to the liquor store with you.