Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parents Extremely Suspicious Help!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by splickedyliit, Mar 19, 2017.

1. #1 splickedyliit, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2017
    All right, to start... here is a brief summary about me:
    I am an 18 year old guy about to graduate high school. Grades are As and Bs. Started legally smoking a month ago as soon as I was able to get a rec. I smoke discreetly and in moderation (Friday and Saturday nights). I have a drug-addict, drop-out brother who is in jail/rehab right now. (He smoked weed, but moved on to do hard drugs)

Now... here's my situation:
    My parents smelled weed in my room tonight. Dun dun dun! The stench of weed basically gives my parents vietnam flashbacks because of how my brother turned out.

This is what happens after their flashbacks: My mom comes up to me and says "Don't do that anymore we smell 'it'. How did you get that stuff? Stop doing it." and my only reaction was to deny. As stupid as it may sound, I reply "I never do that stuff. I have good grades. I don't do that stuff." She says "I pray you will stop doing it." and leaves.

TL;DR: Parents are about as certain I smoke as much as they are certain the sky is blue. Trust = pretty much nonexistent. Very nerve-racking and uncomfortable for me.
    So, what would you do now if you were me? Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings or scold me, thanks. :)

UPDATE: Admitted to my parents that I smoke and they are reasonably discouraged. They now act very uneasy around me and now have this constant urge to remind/scold me to never smoke pot whenever I get near them... even after I told them I'm going to stop (This has caused me to avoid them as much as I can - out of sight, out of mind, right?). I just hope this will blow over soon, it's making me really anxious.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tough situation, maybe try to convince them that your on a much better path than your brother was, if you don't care you could say things like I'm not an idiot like my brother and stuff. Just let them know that your on a way better path then your brother is and that you aren't stupid enough to mess up your life by doing other drugs.

3. Sorry, I don't think you will get much sympathy here...THEIR HOUSE THEIR RULES...When you get your own place, it will be different for you...Legal state I hope ..;)
    BTW: suggest you do NOT discuss illegal substances here to keep the Mods happy...I know it was just in passing but...Somehow these discussions get out of hand fast!

• Like Like x 5
  4. Grades in high school don't mean shit. I don't know when we decided as a society that memorization and regurgitation was the standard for judging intellect but maybe that was around the time when schools knew they could manipulate people into giving more funding if they had it that way.

Anyway...... Don't be a dumbass. < That simple piece of advice will take you farther than you think. If your parents don't want you smoking weed while you live with them there's not really anything you can do about it. If they don't know you smoke because you hide it, then you have no problem. There's no point in lying to them either. If they smell weed, they know you're smoking and at that point not only are you smoking when they said they don't want you to but you're also lying to them. Hide your shit, if you get caught be honest.

All I gotta say.

• Like Like x 3

5. Its never going to change buy a vape and use outside the house you be moving out soon so really doesn't matter that much.

6. #6 uhuoji, Mar 19, 2017
    Well unfortunately your answer lies in the next 5-10 years. It's soley based on your actions, let me explain.

1. My brother is 2 years older than me, he's a looser xx junkbox. The kid has been chemically screwed up since getting pills from the crazy doctor, then again it's more than this. His problems lie on himself not anyone else.

So basically when I was maybe 12/13 my mom told me not to do any drugs growing up, I said ya ok. 16 I was smoking weed, around 18 they found out from other people basically, not in my favor, but I continued to smoke. My parents definatley feared me following my brother. All I said was don't worry I will be fine. Leave me be.

Now at 18 I was real responsible never got in any trouble always helping out the family. I helped the family buisness even several years before I was 18. Now I am 15 years since then, I don't drink. I don't even take Tylenol. I still smoke my weed. I'll work 16 hours a day before I sit down for 1 hour at the end of the day to get in my recreational state. They know weed helps me at this point. I can function 150% while on weed... my parents are blessed for me to be around.

Now I still reside at home say what you want. It's my life and it's a pretty good one. I have the whole basement for growing weed( I stay within my legal limits) they enjoy my homemade herb to make edibles. I bought them a volcano vaporizer and they like to enjoy a nice bag every once in a while. My parents went 65 years without trying weed, now...they like to partake in the culture with their son and fellow friends.

My next step is to get some cbd genetics so I can help people. That's ultimately why I grow. Help myself and anyone else who is suffering. I've heard incredible stuff about cbd capsules .

Good luck and remember not to fuck up. Don't ruin it for the rest of us stoners! We may be potheads but we definatley aren't alcoholics or junkies. We can't be labeled in the same category. Always medicate after you get your shit done. Don't let the herb control you bruv

Best of luck!

• Like Like x 2
  7. They have every right not to trust you.....after all you are a self admitted liar.

• Like Like x 1
  8. His reactions were probably based on the fact that he just blazed. he didn't preplan his excuse. First thing to do is deny, tho we know it never works.

Sometimes I'll deny eating lunch so my mom will cook dinner, otherwise sometimes, as she has in the past, not prepare dinner because I ate 4-5 hours prior. It's just knowing my territory.

My mom used to stop me once in a while and ask why my eyes were red, my reply was always alcohol, I never liked when she put me on the spot. Who cares if my eyes were red.

When my mom tries sparking in a conversation with me I don't ask her if she took her happy medication or not.

9. #9 killset, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    He's been lying, he's still lying...that's a liar. He's been previously lying. If you don't want to be a liar then don't deny the truth. Keep your mouth shut or be honest, anything else is a lie

I just call it as it is bro. I live in reality. If you have to lie to get food that makes you a liar. How old are you, that you can't make yourself something to eat? 3? 4? After about 5 if you can't make your own food and have to lie to get someone else to do it, that's just pathetic. Or are you just too lazy to make a sandwich? Guess you're a liar too. ....over food...lol

• Like Like x 1
  10. Great replies and suggestions, it's good to have a community who can help and give guidance. I really appreciate it!

I'm obviously going to lay off smoking for a good while and hope that I can manage to get my own place when I go off to college in the fall.

It seems what most of you are getting at is: I should listen to my parents and follow the golden residential rule: their house, their rules (for as long as I live here) and I'm willing to abide by it.

As for lying, I know it's always the wrong thing to do. I acted rashly and I am truly ashamed of it... but hey, I brought this upon myself.

Looks like things are going to be awkward around here for a while as my parents are shook. My quad of weed and I may just have to take a break for now.

Although everyone gave great suggestions, I would love to see what more people have to say!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 killset, Mar 19, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    When you get a place of your own you will fully understand. Someday someone will want to break 1 of your rules, no matter what that rule is. It's even more personal when that rule breaker is your child and doing something you whole heartedly don't believe in or think is dangerous. Rather it really is or isn't doesn't matter, that's your hopes and dreams going down a path you don't want him to trAvel.

I grow and am a father. My kids are too young now but 1 is approaching the age when statistically he's going to be offered weed. Tough shit. Until he's a man out on his own tough shit. Once he gets college that I'll pay for out of the way and proves to me he's a man then we will discuss it. However as long as I'm paying the bill....tough shit.

• Like Like x 1
  12. My gma and I had a similar relationship.

Both her kids turned into alcohols and moved onto harder drugs at some point.

She credits weed being the gateway drug. Or used to. I talked her out of that over 6 years of usage.

She saw it changed me for the better and witnessed my resolve to not do other drugs. I don't even smoke cigs or touch alcohol.

I told her she should think about what they really started with and that most of them took their first sip of alcohol before weed.

• Like Like x 2
  13. #13 uhuoji, Mar 19, 2017
    I've been smoking cigarettes for 15 years now, off and on, mostly a pack lasts me 7-14 days. The people in my house don't know I smoke cigarettes. Am I lieing about smoking, yes because I'm hiding it. On the other hand I'm saving an argument. My loved ones & myself know smoking is bad. In the end it is my choice. So I'm a ninja smoker for life.

Good for you to follow your parents rule.

Let me say my parents never told me not to, they just were concerned about the stuff being laced or me getting robbed shot over a deal. Also the fact that they were not educated about the herb alone.

I broke my back at age 14. After I few months I stopped taking them and started recreationally buying & smoking weed. I guess we all come from different backgrounds

also preferred me to smoke at home at an early age to save me from getting in trouble outside of the house

If I were ever a parent I'd probably let my kids experiment a little, I'd let them smoke. I'd be against drinking or taking any other drug. That's me and we are all different. Coming from my youth, when people tell you not to do something were all little curious monkeys, it makes us want to do it even more, or try it at least.

My dad was this way with alcohol. I had my first beer at age 12. It was a heinekin. Very socal at the time. Got to enjoy it with my dad. I never did abuse alcohol because of this I believe, and I was always most responsible when drinking with friends, why? Cus my dad taught me how to enjoy myself without over doing it.

To each their own, right?

Just don't be that parent that is soft and doesn't give their newborns proper vaccinations so they can be fucking carriers for disease and get others sick ... Lololol

• Like Like x 2
  14. I don't know, because I haven't tried, but knowing my personality, if I ever did begin to drink in any kind of routine, even if it starts out just weekly or even monthly, if I enjoy the feeling, it's gonna be hard for me to get off of it and in the long term I'd likely become addicted.I'd use it as a crutch whenever I ran out of weed.

I have an addictive personality, coming from a family who were all alcoholics. I just don't think I'd be able to just socially drink in the long run. So that's why I've made my decision to just not fool with alcohol at all.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I don't drink because it effects the pain in my back the next day. Maybe I don't sleep right who knows. Once in a while I'll have a glass of whiskey or maybe a beer, but any excess of alcohol, I don't enjoy the effects. One and done. Bud on the other hand...you know me enough brad :D

Sucks to have an addictive personality I grew up with people who had one. You gotta fight those demons...BREATHE...Ugh! Ugh!....deep breath....ugh!...ugh!. Rinse and repeat

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thankfully, the only addictions I have are fairly harmless. Weed, netflix, youtube, and grasscity. LOL! Although I will say, despite this addictive personality, no matter how many blunts I smoke, I don't think I'll ever even see why anyone would smoke cigarettes. They're so nasty, and they don't even give you a good feeling. And alcohol is kinda the same for me. Tastes kinda crappy for the most part, and doesn't make me feel the way I wanna feel. The only high I enjoy is the marijuana high. That's all I can say hahaha.

For some reason though, I've heard about the pain in the back very frequently. I just read a thread about a guy who lived in a very conservative area and just decided to try weed and once he did, he stuck to it and ditched alcohol and said he noticed the back pain was gone. Maybe alcohol does something to your back. who knows.

17. Smoke your blunts, I'll smoke my glass and my one maybe two cigarettes a day sometimes none. Blunts are bad for you too :/ lol

Attached Files:

18. if you live in your parents house, THEY make the rules, not you. Not meaning to sound like a dick, but it's not that hard to just smoke outside. Get a piece of pvc pipe with 2 caps and keep your stash in there. If you don't have anything in the house and don't smoke in the house, no problem! Good luck!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Actually brad, I tried to quit cigarettes for good two years ago, successful. This past November I was working with my dad and he fell 20 feet from a ladder onto a deck. Thought the poor guy was gone, probably the worst possible reason ever to start smoking cigarettes again, even at a fraction, but a lot of load is on my shoulders to this day. He's a long was from recovering fully if ever. He can walk and talk sure, but maybe not work again, which is almost like killing the poor guy, so yeah it kinda took some of the stress away, I should probably stop, maybe I'll smoke a joint at the end of the night instead, run off senetenses lol

That day was by far the worst day of my life.

20. If I had nice glass pieces like that, I'd have no reason to smoke a blunt probably... LOL! That bong I got is nice but it's still not impressing me either. Maybe my bong standards are too high, lmao!

That sounds awful man, I'm sorry to hear about that. I hope that your dad recovers, who knows, I've heard of people beating the odds of recovery. It's not impossible! I can imagine, I bet it gets boring doing nothing all day long....

1 - 2 a day isn't bad though, better than most all my family. I personally don't feel any benefit from cigarettes. And I don't even like tobacco mixed with weed. It's weird I don't mind blunts, but I suppose the flavor keeps me.