Parents despise my smoking habit and want me to stop

Discussion in 'General' started by triple_nnn, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Parents found out I smoked and went crazy. Mom actually started crying saying I ruined their life. One time they found out I was smoking and was very close to calling the police. I only smoke like once a week. They are doing whatever they can to "save my life." I understand it's cause they care and all but I'm smart about my marijuana usage. My cousins found out cause of my parents and started shunning me while referring to me as the "junkie." This is me putting it mildly without going into detail. All I want is to enjoy a nice little sesh once in awhile. Any thoughts?:smoke:

2. Reddit is better.

• Like Like x 5
  3. My parents were like yours. My family treated the same way when word spread that I smoked. My parents actually ended up calling the cops on me and then sent me to a court ordered rehab program. Might want to think about stopping until you move out.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Sorry to burst your whole bubble you got going on here, but you are not smart about your usage.

Its funny, because people make these threads, expecting to find a bunch of people who are going to brainlessly support their reason, however invalid it might be, essentially looking to find a bunch of enablers, rather than a bunch of people who are actually willing to help them. This is not the case. There are no enablers here that are going to brainlessly give you encouragement to "Follow your own path, bro!"

The fact of the matter is that your parents have access to resources that you simply do not or will not for many years and to put something in between you and your access to those resources is just fucking foolish. That is pretty much all there is to say here..

• Like Like x 10
  5. ugh..forget the candidates and foreign affairs, can we please spend tax money on the youth. .....they need serious help. it really is for the better because when I'm old and dying they will be running the show , yipeeeeee

• Like Like x 3
  6. Seems like you're quick to assert that he's super young and needs his parent's support haha. Is he probably a youngster? Yeah. But he could just as easily be in his 20s at home which would render that rant a bit useless seeing there's nothing to enable, as he would be a grown ass man free to do as he pleases(not in his parent's home, of course). There's just a stigma on this site toward anyone that mentions the word 'parents'.

• Like Like x 6
  7. The problem is you let them find out. Some things are best left unmentioned or hidden.

• Like Like x 5
  8. You should be ashamed of yourself, OP.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stick to edibles until you can move out of your parent's house. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  10. That sucks. Just do what you do, or not. I dont know what you want people to tell you.

11. I don't know how people could have that view on weed, kinda sucks. Best thing you could do is explain how weed is chill and not very harmful.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Just don't smoke at home don't bring weed home just smoke with your boys and denie denie denie.

• Like Like x 2
  13. They are just wanting to be edgy and go around assuming things and you know what they say about assuming.

• Like Like x 2
  14. The reason why is because there are severe legal complications associated with having minors use the site and chances are, if you live with your parents, you could be a minor. Furthermore, him being 20 would actually make that rant more relevant, rather then less, since there is a greater responsibility attached to being an older person. Additionally, there is no speculation that he lives with his parents, he said so himself.

Nice try tho.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Yes he lives with his parents, that much is clear. Nobody is contesting that. But you said his parents have access to resources he doesn't, you don't know that. He could be paying his parents' bills for all you know. Don't give me that nice try bullshit, I wasn't attacking you. You were just quick to jump his shit without having the facts. And a greater responsibility attached to an older person? The hell does that mean? You should be more inclined to obey your parents whack ass traditionalist views at 20 than 15? Nah.

16. I second that!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. You do realize that these days more and more people are moving back in with their parents after college, correct?

• Like Like x 2
  18. This is exactly why you never want to get caught. Psycho fuckwad parents who would ruin their child's life to prove themselves right. fucking losers is what they are.

OP you might wait until one of them breaks some trivial law and then fuck with them over it. Speeding is good one because everyone does it. Look up the statistics involved with speeding ad related deaths. Then fuck with them some more.

Also stop smoking at home and stash your ganja somewhere outside of your house.

19. Tell them u stopped and dont let them catch u again

20. Thanks for the feedback guys. Whether positive or negative it was good to see through both sides of the spectrum.

• Like Like x 1