Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

parents catching on?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Platypus313, May 31, 2009.

1. So I have been smoking regularly for about 4 years now.
    And I have never so much as gotten any signs that my parents may be suspicious until 2 nights ago.

See, I never answer the phone when my parents call if I am high/getting high because I am worried that I will sound stoned or my friends will hit the bong in the back ground or use a lighter and my parents will hear.

The other night I called my parents back when I felt like I could keep my shit together and my mom flipped shit on me. and said "well it makes me suspect when you never answer your phone and if you keep it up you will be grounded and we will take your phone"

Do you think shes catching on?

2. They know you're up to something, although if you've been concealing your pot smoking for years then they probably don't know what's what it is. Start answering your phone and just tell your friends to calm down while you're on it. After four years I'm sure you can fake being sober over the phone at least.

3. True.
    It just sketches me out.
    I feel like I have been smoking so long without getting in any trouble that it's bound to happen soon.
    -knock on wood-

4. ahhaha yee mang just answer ur phone. i used to feel like i couldnt keep my shit together, nonetheless answer my phone. no i go home completely ripped right in front of them.

clueless lol

5. Don't worry too much man. Just rectify whatever behaviors are causing suspicion, do some stuff your parents like (if you're getting good grades in college/high school or have a job this usually dispels any suspicion of pot smoking since, you know, pot makes you stupid and lazy ;)), and chill out.

6. man my parents recently found out about 2 months ago. i still live with them... they stole my 500$ bass and amp (250$) as a 'incentive'... they think im some huge looser pot head, really disapointing especcialy that they took my fucking bass... we have an un-easy agreement that as long as i keep narcotics out of the house they're okay with it. fucked up

7. 4 years? Holy shit man.

I lasted about 6 months before my mom noticed. She just came out and asked me, haha. That's just our relationship though. She's really not that strict and she smoked when she was younger. She still does smoke every couple months, actully. When she asked me if I smoked, I asked her haha.

You can only hide it for so long man...that's just how it is. Maybe they already know and they just want you to be honest with them. Either way, ignoring your parents calls is going to suspicious to them no matter what.

8. Well I am really anti-alcohol so I think that puts them at ease...
    But they lived together in the 70's in cali and always talk about how all their friends smoked and I finally got them to admit that they used to smoke.

The thing with my parents is that its illegal.
    That would be the main issue...me breaking the law.
    They want pot legalized...but until then

9. same exact thing over here

10. i would tell them to fuck off. your 18. you can answer the phone whenever you feel like it.