parents are visiting...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by joby, Apr 3, 2007.

1. im vegging four plants right now under a 100w HPS + 4 CFLs (27w each). They are on a 18/6 cycle right sittin in my closet. now but my parents want to come see my new apt for easter, They wont snoop around too much so i'll be able to hide the plants, my question is how long can they go without my setup being plugged in?? how long can they go without lights and fans before it really starts to f up the plant?

2. How long will your parents be staying?

3. Well, first off you should be sure your closet is light tight because you want to not have light leaks during flowering. The reason I bring that up is because if it is then you shouldn't have a problem leaving the light on. Just dont open the closet door for them.

4. good point dirty ape, but im afraid that that wouldnt work, i dont think extension cords running under a closed door looks inconspicuous enough. I was planning on just moving them temporarily into a cabinet. For say about 36 hours??

5. Just say you tried to clean the house up for their visit so you threw everything into the closet. Or put a lock on it.

6. There's a very good chance that that's going to kick start them into flowering.

If you're going to put them into 12/12 after the 36 hours, you may see a benefit in faster initial bud production.

If they're going back under veg lighting, you'll probably see a growth lull for a week or so after.

But no, 36 hours of darkness won't kill them.

7. OK great/ its about that time to flower anyways. so i might as well just start em up. Thanks a lot.

8. :eek: bad timing. unplug the 100. keep the cfls on. keep a small fan on(it should not get to hot, try to sneek a peek to check). put a lock on the door and if they ask say you let one of your friends keep his stuff in there for 2 weeks(he is looking for a place). the power cord is for a lamp, the closet does not have a light.

be creative. good luck