Parents and their damn gossip

Discussion in 'General' started by POWskier, Sep 10, 2012.

1. My mom went to this cancer benefit golf tournament. Lots of parents and kids go to this from my neighborhood. So there were quite a few parents with kids in my grade.

Well one of the parents decides to spout off about how some kids hang out and smoking cannabis. Then gives my mom a good hard glare. Implying I am one of those kids. The woman basically implied that all I do is sit around and smoke marijuana and do nothing productive. When the reality is I smoke cannabis maybe once a week and actually do shit with my friends. Its so wack for parents, adults, even anyone to categorize someone they don't even know and talk shit about them in front of 40 other adults that I see on a weekly basis that have looked up to me as a good kid. Now I'm sure some of them won't look so high of me.

Well it gets better and even more strange. My mom sits me down and
    asks, "do your friends smoke marijuana?" I replied yes they do because they do. Then she asked if I had smoked and I admitted it to her and she then tells me, " I am glad you have stepped out of the box." The whole thing is weird in general and I hate how some parents can only gossip about stupid stuff when the fact is their kid is probably doing the same.

2. So.. How old are you bro

3. ya im interested to hear this answer.

because when i was 18, my mommy wasn't dragging me to golf benefits. :rolleyes:

4. His age is irrelevant. Just because you are 18 doesn't mean that you have to cut off all connections with your parents or anything. I know tons of people including myself who still go out with my parents, ether it be dinner or public functions. So ... yeah.

5. Im an adult and still do stuff with my parents...

6. I'm 18. She doesn't drag me to things I don't want to go to. I wasn't even at the golf benefit, I should have gone to support cancer research though, but I was busy doing other things.

7. [quote name='"POWskier"']

I should have gone to support cancer research though, but I was busy doing other things.[/quote]

drugs with all of your hooligan friends? >8(

No but really that's fucked up. At least your mom doesn't seem to care.

8. It sounds like there were a bunch of moms at this thing. All moms do is gossip all day with their friends.

Also its really going over the top how people ask how old you are just because you mention "parents" in their post. I mean really some of you act like once you turn 18 you dont even talk to your parents.

9. Who just spreads roomers and gives a big enough shit to lower my appearance towards people, and make my mom look like a bad parent? If she thinks I'm part of a small minority of kids that smoke marijuana she is FAR OFF. Basically 80% of my senior class smoked pot:D. I'm 18 and I can make my own decisions about what I do, while adhering to house rules hahaha.

10. Man, fuck these age police. HUGE buzzkill all the time.

11. Age has nothing to do with it. I haven't lived with my parents for years and I still find myself under their thumb in certain situations. That's just how it is.

I've had similar shit happen though, man. Mostly within my own extended family. I have a bunch of gossipy aunts who all live in my hometown with my parents, and the whole famn-damily feels the need to get together every weekend. Since I moved away, I have heard more things about myself than I care to discuss, including the fact that I'm a "dope fiend" (actual words used). While my marijuana habits happen to be truth, I've also heard plenty of other fun ones.. Most of my family is very religious and a few of them got the idea in their heads that I was worshipping the devil, my grandmother ended up calling me to give me a stern lecture about the power of Christ, fun times.

12. what else are they going to talk about? Obviously bitches are gonna chit chat and your mom overheard the fact that her son is a "stoner" you just gotta be honest with her and tell her whats good!

13. If your mother was like 'im glad you stepped out of the box" and that's it...

I think you're solid then, why you complaining man?

14. shit im 20 still living at home. people act like when you turn 18 you are blessed with the funds to move out...

15. I'm definitely solid, my dad didnt even talk to me. He caught me with 3 grams of hash 4 months back and flipped out and thought it was some hardcore drug. But calmed down when I told him what it was.just annoys me that some people have nothing better to do than call me out in front of adults that I know well.

16. LOL something similar happened to me...

I scraped some resin and put it in a little tray for later, right? ...Turns out my mom found it and thought it was heroin or some shit... LOL. Had a fun time explaining that one, especially because I was high.

17. Haha my dad came into my room super worried and asked, "What is this?" in a solid tone. It scared me. Hahah so I was worried to answer and then I finally told him it was hash. Then he calms way the fuck down and says "oh, I used to do similar things during my teen years. It isn't worth it." Then he told me to think about what I'm doing with my life.

18. Why the hell are the first 2 posts asking about age... you guys need to stop being the age police, fuck.

19. Seriously bro, GC isnt what it used to be with all these wanna be mods its fucking rediculous. Just let the mods do there job and everyone chill out

20. People do that sorta thing. It's always extra awkward when it's your own family but unfortunately there's only really two ways to go about it:

1) Put your foot down and prepare for the fallout.
    2) Deal with it.