Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parents -____-

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Junior DANK, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hey GC,

Lemme start off by saying I can't move out till august-ish.

Senior in highschool, got a job recently, High B average and score well on state tests. Yet my parents call me unproductive because I didn't play much sports in highschool and chose to start smoking weed last october. Before I had my job I felt really guilty about spending their money on bud, now that its my money and my tine being spent working I feel like I DESERVE that nice weekend session with friends.

But they still trip.. They say I'm wasting my money and life. But I dont think I am, It helps me mentally get passed the bullshit in my mind. Im an overthinker when im sober and just like to relax and talk to people that can relate. Am I wrong for that? Can't wait till I go to cali in september for college.

If you can't tell im REALLY high.
    (blue dream actually)
    :D

2. It's your life & your money.

You are not wrong.

3. if you're 18 then you're responsible for your actions and your life and money. you do what you want, and if they don't like it then tuff titties. but if they pay for the roof over your head then don't smoke under that roof if they don't like it. or just tell them straight up that if they don't like it then that sucks.

4. Tell them your responsible. Tell them to look at your grades. You gotta understand that its your life and your decisions. You gotta understand you are a separate individual than your parents, and you live YOUR life so it makes YOU happy. When you understand all of this, you'll stand up for yourself more. Like when your parents say all this stuff, you don't have a problem standing up for yourself, and explaining it to them. Now I didn't mean YELL at them, but make sure they understand your an adult and responsible, and are able to make your own decisions.

Not tryna sound like a dick, but its pretty much how it happened for me. Just realized that I am an individual, and the next time they said something, I pretty much just sat them down, and had a HUGE talk. Long story short, I can smoke in my room :)

5. It's your life man, your actions will cause reactions. If you say the herb helps you get past things, then good for you. Continue to use the herb, don't be surprised if your parents continue to think how they do about it though. Like I said, its your life; do as you wish.

6. [quote name='"Kobe4MVP420"']Tell them your responsible. Tell them to look at your grades. You gotta understand that its your life and your decisions. You gotta understand you are a separate individual than your parents, and you live YOUR life so it makes YOU happy. When you understand all of this, you'll stand up for yourself more. Like when your parents say all this stuff, you don't have a problem standing up for yourself, and explaining it to them. Now I didn't mean YELL at them, but make sure they understand your an adult and responsible, and are able to make your own decisions.

Not tryna sound like a dick, but its pretty much how it happened for me. Just realized that I am an individual, and the next time they said something, I pretty much just sat them down, and had a HUGE talk. Long story short, I can smoke in my room :)[/quote]

Thanks man I needed that haha

And thanks go everyone elses responses aswell :D

7. Maybe you should be more reserved about your smoking? If my parents were strongly against it, it wouldn't stop me, but I'd go out of my way to make sure it doesn't effect them or cross their minds to keep the peace.

8. Show them you are responsible. You are getting good grades and going to college next year. Help out around the house and when they get mad at you for smoking pot just point out all the positive things you do. Ask why they think that smoking pot is such a bad thing. You should be able to disprove any of their arguments.

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0fIi3H-es]JG Wentworth - Its My Money & I Need It Now Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

It's your money. use it when you need it.

10. Just because you aren't the star athlete they want you to be doesn't mean you're not responsible. You have a job, do well in school, and if you're respectful to your parents then hell idk what they are complaining about... a lot of parents would be thankful to have you as a son. Just keep up your grades and stay out of trouble, you don't sound like a bad kid so they really don't have room to complain.

11. [quote name='"SniperKitty"']Just because you aren't the star athlete they want you to be doesn't mean you're not responsible. You have a job, do well in school, and if you're respectful to your parents then hell idk what they are complaining about... a lot of parents would be thankful to have you as a son. Just keep up your grades and stay out of trouble, you don't sound like a bad kid so they really don't have room to complain.[/quote]

I really needed that, thanks so much

12. [quote name='"Junior DANK"']

I really needed that, thanks so much[/quote]

*hug* it gets better trust me, just don't become the steriotypical "burn out" and don't do other drugs.
    I can say this with full confidence when my son is in high school I'll be the happiest mother alive if hes respectful and doesn't get into drugs and trouble. The most as a smoking parent that I worry about with him would be slipping grades and him just not wanting to do anything else but smoke pot.

I think there is a level of maturity that people need to have with the herb and you seem to be mature enough to balance everything on your plate so why not smoke a bit? You're not hurting anyone or yourself and its better than alcohol! ;)