Parenting and Pot

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Item0917, Dec 6, 2012.

1. How do you guys feel about being high around children?

I would never use the stuff in front of them, that is just wrong. But does anyone else feel you can be a more patient, and productive while high? I just want some feedback.

2. Definitely. I work with kids and have noticed that I am so much more patient with them when I'm high. They're also a lot more fun to interact with and you can get in on the games and fun too :)

3. This is a good question.

I think it would be ok to be a little high around kids, just like it would be ok to have a beer or cocktail.

However, I think it would not be right to get really stone just as I would think it would not be right to get really drunk.

4. Lol "use the stuff"

It's just smoking. My uncle smoked weed in front of me when I was very young, it's not like I was hotboxing with him.

5. I don't have any kids myself (winning)... But my friends are mostly older with kids so I see it. My friends roll in there rooms or bathroom etc, but we smoke in front of the kids (outside of course). Some kids are too smart and you can be honest with them at a early age, and others, will run to school and brag about "daddy doesn't trust the tobacco companies so he rolls his own cigarettes". Just have to know your kids I guess. But being with kids high shouldn't make a difference.

6. My children have never seen me smoking, so if they were to be around they would know. It is something we will discuss when they become older, but right now I just want to teach them to be good people.

I am just curious how others feel. I have lost support of friends and family because of my choice to use marijuana. They just see the illegal aspect of things, tell me I am wrong for breaking the law, I am going to loose my children, typical thoughts from people who have never touched the stuff. Yet, they sit there drunk in front of their children, but that is ok? Hypocrites.

7. My 6 year old doesn't know I smoke and yet it seems that every time I'm high when he comes over, he tells me I'm more fun haha

8. The world is full of people like that. You just have to tune them out and do what you believe is right. I don't think there's anything wrong with smoking weed and raising children as long as you're a responsible parent. A lot of people just can't see past things that are really superficial.

9. As long as your kids have food to eat, shelter, and proper/adequate clothing than smoking shouldn't matter, but I don't condone spending $300-500 a month for "high grade" either. Everything in life needs moderation.

10. I think your priorities are straight by start with teaching them to be good people. Our lives are like buildings, we need a good foundation.

We raised 4 kids, my youngest is 24. There is some validity in what others say about the law. Depending on where you are, you could loose your kids if you were arrested for pot.

Here in Colorado it is legal for an MMJ patient to smoke in private. A guy almost lost his kids when a pizza delivery boy came to the door, smelled pot, and saw children. It was a big deal and touch and go for a while for the parents.

In the long run the pot community rallied around this couple because it was obvious they were good loving parents, the kids were fine, and the guy used pot for his medical conditions.

The world is crazy, do everything you can to protect your family. Good luck to you, raising kids is the hardest thing you will ever do, and the most wonderful.

11. You both said it pretty good!!

12. Thanks Marsdude! Sometimes I feel that i protect them too much, but things are so different from when I was their age. It is crazy hard, and emotionally draining some days, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

13. I'm not a parent, but i've grown up loads of people who's parents would smoke in front of them. Across the board it doesn't seem like it made them start smoking early.

Im pretty cool with my younger sister when im high and a lot more emphatic.

14. honestly. kids wont really notice, and it definitely does help to make things a little easier, and i feel like i bond with my nephews when im high around them. however, i hate going out socially and being high. it sucks

15. Funny I hate going out and being sober.

Kids are gonna do whatever they want regardless if you smoke in front of them.

16. I have a 3 yr old and one in the chamber.

My daughter has no idea when. I'm high. Hell only other tokers in the family know I smoke because they know me. But they only think I'm high when I'm not ironically enough. I spent my life as the funny jokester (fact: Instead of jokester, autocorrect wanted molester) in the family so when I really started getting high around 16.

(experimented around 8or 9 found my uncle stash around with his little adopted brother.my younger than me uncle who I call uncle still, Mad funny)

they always thought I was being my clown self. I don't get as high as I used to well I smoke better shit now so I get there faster, and with age I blend my high into what I call my guise. I can behave with chronic in me. I can work, I have fun with my family, I'm down to do whatever.

Those periods of draught since I'm not a huge drinker are hard but I make sure I'm mentally prepared to go with out for aWhile.

I think it's no ones business you smoke and have kids. Some Pete are sober and do completely worse because they worry about self.

Being 26 now and totally opposite from any 26yr old male in my area it feels like I get it. Being a stoner taught me and blessed me with the ability to share. Smoking out buddies, helping me out when. I'm down. Me helping them. It's made me generous, caring and loyal to good People and patIence.

Weed has taught me things. Values that make a good parent.

It's stressful but being a big guy I've never had to spank my daughter we have a aural respect it seems. Like she knows when she did something because she trys to joke it off like me. She's too quiet or she trys to princess me. I can look at her just a slight bit upset and shes confessing instantly.

Then I tell her thank you for being truthful, kiss her forehead and tell her to go to her room and think(which for her means play with her clay) I find she's less destructive when you give her something she can tear and mold to anything. She gets that from me too...

You know this is a rant. But you can tell your kids know you as you know them. My daughter is everything I was but a chromosome different

17. One of the hardest things as a parent is to know how much to protect your kids and how much to allow them to experience on their own. I am not sure you ever really know exactly what the hell you are doing as a parent.

At this time in my life with all of my kids grown and doing different things I have found what I really should have known all the time.

It is really all about love and acceptance. Not sure why it took me this long to find this out, because isn't that what we all crave when we really get down to the bottom of things.

You just love em, try as hard as you can to accept some challenges they will continue to bring into your life, and offer gentle guidance, infrequently and at the proper times, it will all work out.

18. The truth bro..as a young parent your words inspire me.

19. This is how I see it. I have patience. I truly listen to them. I play on their level. I read to them. I don't let the outside world get to me. I am not anxious. I never raise my voice but talk to them about our 'hiccups' during the day. My house is clean, they are fed nutritious meals. They go to bed every night feeling secure and happy.

nothing else matters. period. What I do matters not if I am raising a well balanced child.

20. Anyone who speak negative deserve a whack.... that what i learn when i went to north korea for a few days