Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Parental Profiling of Pot Tolerance

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cornet, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Lame title lol

I am just wondering if there are some tips regarding how to know whether or not your parents would be fine, against-but-tolerant, or YOU'RE SMOKING REEFER?!? as a reaction to them finding out.

It really seems impossible to believe anybody's parents in my white suburbia upper middle class neighborhood could be "okay" with their kids smoking pot. But I have a few friends whose parents don't care and it surprised me.

So I'm just wondering. What are some indicators? Common correlations?

Off the top of my head:
    -They're religious, go to church almost every week, but certainly not fundamentalist (holy shit thank god)
    -Dad seems to be more conservative, raised Baptist, rants about politics, O'Reilly :(, and Rush Limbaugh waaaay more than he used to. This scares me.
    -Mom is conservative but seems more moderate. She told me she smoked once when she was young and she didn't really like it, when we were talking about legalization (and my favor of it) one time a while ago. She actually seemed open to the legalization concept too. I'm pretty sure she's the one who'd be most accepting.

Anyone have some advice?

2. i think you'd be surprised. if you can approach them in an intelligent, well prepared manner you might find that they are very open to the idea. like you said, not everyones parents are cool with marijuana, especially because its "illegal" in the US. i think we all know its illegal for the wrong reasons and we lost the war on drugs a long long time ago but some people cling onto the idea that because its illegal, its bad. do some serious research and approach them in the right manner (pick the right time to do this too, they're your parents.. you know when and when not to bring something up haha) with some good solid back-able information and see how the conversation goes. worst thing is they aren't okay with it and you're back to secret smoking or heaven forbid.. you respect your parents wishes and don't smoke ;)

for a really long time, my parents were so completely against marijuana but have since lightened up a bit and came to the realization that its much better for you then drinking alcohol which seems to be the norm for people their age. just because its legal to drink doesn't mean you aren't a "drug user" and if you drink everyday or multiple times a week, by definition you could be considered an "addict"

people have very misguided opinions on drug use, especially marijuana use. i'm curious to hear how, if at all the conversation goes.

3. Most religious people aren't very open minded obviously, so there's a bad sign there. But you'd really be surprised how understanding people can be about marijuana these days.

4. My girl's 'rents grow it for the fun of the cultivation, then smoke only a little only occasionally. I think they're ok with it. My mom on the other hand would flip out on me. My dad would probably toke up.

5. My parents used to think I was commiting suicide with pot at first. Then they found out I was usin way more then weed. Now its like "I smell pot, see ya later".:DIf your intelligent you can convert your parents mind set about it. I did at least.

Come home, with eyes red as hell and start talkin up a storm about how your day went. When they see that you can handle yourself with it, they can feel more comfortable.

If you come home reekin of weed and can hardly see, and you say one or two words and leave, they might think the weeds getting to you.

I love gg249 lettin u know whats up.:smoke: