Parent help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BSims, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Yesterday I was caught with one of my bowls. My dad didn't seem to care much, but my mom is going crazy.
    My mom has been looking up advice online and she printed out an article from a parenting website which makes weed seem terrible. The article gave her an idea to get a psychologist and now she wants me to get one to "help with my drug problem". I know I do not have a problem, but my mom is blowing this out of proportion saying things such as I'm destroying our family, etc.
    I really do not what I'm supposed to do, I've been smoking for a few months and I've never had any problems or even suspicions.
    Any advice? Or help convincing my ignorant mom?

2. Granny has the info.

OG member with a bunch of studies compiled....
    Hopefully she sees this but if not just search

STORM CROW

That's her username.
    The link should be in her signature.

Good luck.

3. Light up a bowl right in front of her and let her witness what its like for you to be high. Be honest with her and let her see its just a plant and a tool for relaxation.

4. Thank you very much :eek:

5. here ya go...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/645925-grannys-mmj-list-july-2010-a.html

people can either wake up and see the truth or be obedient sheeple that wear government issued wool over their eyes

6. You start with an article written by an EX-drug counselor!

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

Then you hit WebMD-

Teen Pot Smoking Won't Lead to Other Drugs as Adults

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

And TIME-

Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage (news – 2012)
    Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage | TIME.com

Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese | TIME.com

Why Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Traffic Deaths (news - 2011)
    Why Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Traffic Deaths | TIME.com

Does Mom fear Alzheimer's?

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” (emphasis mine)

How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging (news – 2012)
    How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging | TIME.com

One in 8 women WILL get breast cancer! Show Mom this!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the ("triple negative" breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

There is a LOT more to cannabis than "just" getting high! :smoking:

Now look at the bottom of my sig and send me an email! I'll send you back over 1000 pages of links like those above that may help you out of this mess!

Granny :wave:

7. Granny always comes though.

Nice info!

8. It's easy when you have a copy of the List on your computer! ;)

9. [quote name='"BSims"'].
    My mom has been looking up advice online and she printed out an article from a parenting website which makes weed seem terrible. The article gave her an idea to get a psychologist and now she wants me to get one to "help with my drug problem". I know I do not have a problem, but my mom is blowing this out of proportion saying things such as I'm destroying our family, etc.

Any advice? Or help convincing my ignorant mom?[/quote]
    My moms the same way man...you're best bet is to;
    1. Hide your shit better when living with parentals
    2.tell them you quit and have no desire to continue breaking the law
    3.tell them you now have your priorities straightened, and that you can't wait to be self-supporting

Good luck!

10. [quote name='"Storm Crow"']You start with an article written by an EX-drug counselor!

When Your Kid Smokes Pot (news – 2008)
    When Your Kid Smokes Pot | MND: Your Daily Dose of Counter-Theory

Then you hit WebMD-

Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain Heavy Marijuana Use Doesn't Damage Brain

And TIME-

Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage (news – 2012)
    Study: Smoking Marijuana Not Linked with Lung Damage | TIME.com

Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Slims? Why Pot Smokers Are Less Obese | TIME.com

Why Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Traffic Deaths (news - 2011)
    Why Medical Marijuana Laws Reduce Traffic Deaths | TIME.com

Does Mom fear Alzheimer's?

Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006)
    Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at DOUBLE the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” (emphasis mine)

How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging (news – 2012)
    How Cannabinoids May Slow Brain Aging | TIME.com

One in 8 women WILL get breast cancer! Show Mom this!

Pot compound seen as tool against cancer (news – 2012)
    Pot compound seen as tool against cancer - SFGate

“When McAllister and Desprez exposed the ("triple negative" breast cancer) cells to cannabidiol in a petri dish, the cells not only stopped acting "crazy" but they also started to revert to a normal state… The researchers stressed cannabidiol works only on cancer cells that have these high levels of ID-1 and these do not include all cancerous tumors but, rather, aggressive, metastatic cells. But they've found such high levels in leukemia, colorectal, pancreatic, lung, ovarian, brain and other cancers.”

There is a LOT more to cannabis than "just" getting high! :smoking:

Now look at the bottom of my sig and send me an email! I'll send you back over 1000 pages of links like those above that may help you out of this mess!

[/quote]

your work is never over on this site..and we appreciate the care!

11. If I were you, I would do two things;

Respect your moms wishes to visit a therapist or whatever, BUT do it on the condition that she has to hear you out.

Then use granny Storm Crow's references and print them out, read through them yourself so you know exactly what you are handing to your mom. Highlight the pages, make it easier for her so she doesn't have to read through it in its entirety if she doesn't want to.

This way not only are you obeying your punishment your mom is handing to you for having a pipe and whatever, she will see you are mature for accepting that it might be wrong of you to have had this stuff inside her home, and then also show you are mature and did your own research on this plant before consuming, and show her the material so she can form a better opinion.

If she doesn't listen, well hey, you tried man. Some people won't change but other times people might if they are shown a huge list of articles that prove her opinion to be wrong. Your mom might not be ignorant but rather misinformed. Your dad seeming not to care might play to your advantage. Once you hand her a bunch of information then your dad might help in playing a role that you couldn't; being that elder voice she trusts.

Just a thought though, if you do it let me know how it works