Parent Found Out I Smoke Pot!! But Aren't Mad!?

Discussion in 'General' started by YoungTriGun, May 9, 2016.

1. I'm new to this site so I didn't know where to put this post so I'll do it here in "general".

So, today I came home and I had just smoked a HUGE bowl in my car. I sprayed and everything. But when I was coming through the front door my mom stopped me and asked why I smelled like weed. I clammed up and then she know for sure I was smoking weed. I said yes and she just said I'm not mad, me and your dad used to smoke too. And then she just left like nothing happened! Does this mean I can be more careless with smoking around them, should I still hide my weed? I just find it weird as hell that they are "ok with it". It just feels awkward knowing my parents know I smoke now, they thought I was straight edge...

Have any of you guy's parents found out about you smoking while you lived with them? What did they say? How did you go on about smoking?

~Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah my parents were mad because I got caught at school(I know I'm stupid). After that they don't care they just don't want me to smoke inside the cars or house. I basically smoke in the back yard but it's awkward being around them while high so I keep it on the low. It's cringe when my mom tries to make me laugh while I'm high lol. Also weed isn't bad just keep it in moderation sometimes I pick up bad habits if I smoke all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  3. A lot of the attitude may depend on your age. How old are you now?

• Like Like x 1

4. I bet that was cringey, it was so F****** weird for my mom to be asking me when I smoked, did I get high, etc. much less trying to make me laugh.

Thanks for the reply man!

5. Just graduated High School.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lol lookin to lay the ban hammer huh :p

7. 18 years old and medical patient, parents just didn't know I smoked until now.

8. Well if she was angry I imagine you would know haha, next time just ask her if she has a few minutes to talk and you guys can just clear the air and know where she stands about it.
    After that you'll know if you can smoke around them or if you have to keep it on the down low.

9. Yeah no problem dude. Just don't get into any trouble in the future, cheers!

10. Great idea, I'll try to bring it up to her later this week.

Thanks for the reply!

11. Cheers!

12. Sounds like your parents are cool then..

13. Yeah just ic was fishing to see if you were younger then 18

14. Sounds like you have rational parents, mine both smoked weed my whole life and they were separated and both thought I didn't know. I found my dad's plants when I was around 14 and he just said "shhh there's a cop next door" hahah

15. As long as you can handle your business and not be obnoxious about it, you'll be golden. Sounds like you have a cool mom that respects your judgement - I was lucky to have the same. Be cool and don't give them a reason to worry.