Paraphernalia Possession

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MistaSwisha, Aug 11, 2012.

1. [quote name='"WeedSlayer"']

I read his reply to me wrong because it was worded a little differently.[/quote]

Ah I've done that a few times tonight. No worries bro carry on :smoke:

2. Hypothetically, if the cop just put some random weed in a bag and claimed it was mine would the judge most likely believe him?

3. What's the stems going to prove? They'll probably say itd be possession in that case. But yeh I read your reply wrong. My bad. But yeh the only way I think it'll get thrown out is because the cop wrote the wrong offense. I changed my opinion. Id fight that shit.

4. I thought of the stems after reading this page.

Stems

5. I would imagine they could consider stems to be possession because you know those test tubes where you drop a tiny bit of a nug in it and the liquid in side turns like blue/purple or some shit. Im positive stems would do the same thing because they contain THC.

Why not just say you had no paraphanillia? You can also try to move your court date sooner to today so that its more than likely the cop won't be able to come and testify. I learned that shit.

6. [quote name='"MistaSwisha"']
    Also, what are the chances of the cop showing up in court on the 16th? Do they always show up for things like this?[/quote]

The chances = 100%. The cop involved has to show up at all court things. If he's not present, the case gets postponed.

Why do you keep providing counter arguments to everything we suggest?

7. #67 sgtstadanko, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
    It's called karma. Next time u get busted don't start bitching cuz the cop is a prick. U will know y.
    U got busted just wear it and get over it.

8. #68 MistaSwisha, Aug 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2012
    I'm not providing counter arguments to literally everything you suggest. I'm weighing all of my options and thinking of the possibilities that could occur by providing hypothetical scenarios.

9. I'm probably just going to go to court and accept the charge by pleading "no contest". :(

This seems too risky.

10. In two days I'll know my fate...

11. #71 maddeadzone, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
    I got paraphernalia possession before, they dropped it since I plead guilty to a more serious charge. But for the most part they should go easy.

12. Good to hear... I hope they do go easy, since this is in Texas.

One more day until court. Anyone have any more advice to offer?

13. Say you had no paraphenillia and ask for proof when they say you did. If they have a cover up like a pipe they randomly dropped into evidence locker then just go with it.

14. Hey man I'm not going to try and talk you out of going through with this (its clear you're going to contest it no matter what sense anyone tries to throw your way) however, DO NOT LIE! This is referring to your story of the stems and bag. Personally, I think its a bad enough idea to plead not guilty, as you may well be opening yourself up to the more serious charge of possession once the cop gives his (more respected by the judge) side of the story. But, its absolutely retarded to try and lie! If you're going to contest it, stick to your story of not having any paraphernalia, but DO NOT MAKE UP BULLSHIT ABOUT A BAG AND STEMS. That is purjury and is a much more serious offense than anything you're facing currently.

"the general perjury statute under Federal law classifies perjury as a felony and provides for a prison sentence of up to five years." -from Wikipedia.

15. I won't try to convince you one way or the other, but I just want to say this:

Don't ever try to do anything in a courtroom without a lawyer, unless you are a lawyer.

Unless you know your local laws better than your own name, you are much more likely to get screwed over. The judge doesn't have to play by the rules because you don't know all of the rules. This situation may seem straightforward to you, but do you honestly believe people haven't tried what you're considering before? If it worked in the past, I'm sure someone in this thread would have heard about it and would be glad to explain how to proceed.

Besides, with this being your first charge, I'm fairly sure you can get it expunged. And even if you can't, a paraphernalia charge 9/10 times won't stop someone from hiring you.

edit: if this is a real charge, you have a public defender who could explain this situation to you. Be warned though, they're usually pretty buddy-buddy with the judge. They might be able to help you out though.

16. ^110% this, forgot to mention that in my reply.

17. I plead no contest. Outcome was a $314 fine and a drug-free class.

18. Not terrible at all.

Pretty steep fine but a lot better then it could be

19. Id bet money that he bought a pack of papers on the way back and wrote down he found a empty weed bag and papers and is probably sitting at home smoking your weed right now.

20. No I do not.