Paraphernalia Possession

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by MistaSwisha, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Okay, a friend and I were on our way to the movies when we were suddenly stopped by a cop. He found a bag of weed but since we were cooperative, he let us off with a paraphernalia charge instead of possession. He took the bag of weed with him that night, but let us go. This is my first offense, and I was wondering if my friend and I could plead not guilty?

I ask this because he gave us a charge for paraphernalia instead of possession, so couldn't we say that all he found was an old bag under the seat and a few stems that we had no idea was in the car? Or could he bring the bag of weed with him for evidence? I don't think he can because that would mean that he should have charged us with possession instead of paraphernalia to the Judge, wouldn't it?

If I do plead not guilty, would I need a lawyer for this occurrence?

Help would be greatly appreciated, my fellow blades.

2. he didn't find any paraphernalia at all?

3. I think you should just pay your paraphernalia ticket instead of trying 2 make out like a dick after that cop was nice. Lol and ofc if you plead not guilty you are going to need a lawyer unless you want to represent your self..

but since he found no paraphernalia or anything and charged you with it when it was actually possession it would get thrown out of court but they aren't going to believe you they are going to believe their cops i'm sure he will then be like fuck these little dicks then and tell the judge and d.a what it was and whip it out and bitch slap u with ur own bag

4. hes a fucking idiot if you didnt have any paraphernalia take that bitch to court. It would actually be hard to lose

Appeal it and dont say a fucking word

5. I would be a dick, but think from a dick's perspective in this case. If he took the bag of weed and gave us a charge for paraphernalia instead of possession, couldn't we fight that?

I may be a dick but I'm not trying to have this on my record.

6. But can he do that with the bag? He's already charged us with paraphernalia and not possession. Wouldn't it look like he's brought this weed out of nowhere and used it just to incriminate us, when the charge was only for paraphernalia?

7. Same thing I was thinking.

8. well you should have thought about that before you decided to break the law. anyways yeah go ahead fight it you'll win but don't expect to get let off easy like that again in the future.

i don't like stoners who bitch about getting caught with it esp stupidly because they know it's obviously illegal.

stupid on your part for letting him search the car after "randomly" being pulled over. he wouldn't randomly pull you over to search your car that's called martial law

9. how is he a fucking idiot? who are you? probably some scumbag druggie.. he was nice and got rid of the weed and let them go with a simple para. charge which is probably a violation were he is at anyways.

10. #10 MistaSwisha, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2012
    He searched the car because he spotted the bag of weed with his flashlight. I know it was our fault, I'm not discrediting that fact. What we did that night was stupid, but I really don't want it on my record so I'll do all that I can to fight it.

But yeah, we drove past him in a parking lot to the movies and he stopped us randomly.

I don't think the cop was an idiot, he was actually pretty cool at the end of it all. I don't know if he got rid of the weed, but he did take it. Even then, according to the charges we didn't have the weed to begin with. I think it would be a violation for him, which is why I don't think he would want to pull out the bag he caught us with. It would show he lied on the report, and the Judge would possibly lose their trust in him afterwards.

Listen, I do feel bad about doing this... But this way everyone gets off clean.

11. Cop was nice to you, you got lucky. Cut your losses now and don't try to fuck things up further.

12. #12 MistaSwisha, Aug 11, 2012
    No. He found a bag of weed, but charged us with paraphernalia instead of possession.

13. But how would I fuck things up further? Can they get fucked up any further than they are now? It seems like there's nothing to pin it on us, especially with a fake charge.

What could the cops do in that situation?

This is in Texas, by the way.

14. I know what you're thinkin but the cop won't get in trouble for cutting you a break.

If anything he'll blow your ass in for having weed and the judge will up your charge.

Just pay the fine and be grateful you won't have probation

15. #15 MistaSwisha, Aug 11, 2012
    But are you sure the cop wouldn't get in trouble after admitting that?

Also, even if he did admit it, he still gave us a paraphernalia charge. How would the judge see his point of view when we would be getting in trouble for a charge we didn't have in the first place?

16. By the way, he gave us green tickets with our court dates on them if anyone was wondering.

17. Just let It go. It may or may not get appealed and the cop probably took your weed and smoked it and put paraphenillia because he's have to bring the weed to the evidence room. Just take it like a strong little soldier stoner pay the fines.

18. If he smoked the weed then he has no evidence. With no evidence against us isn't that a good thing? It seems like we should fight it because of lack of evidence in that case.

The fines are a problem for me, but not as big of a problem as this being on my permanent record for life. That's why I want to fight this.

19. [quote name='"MistaSwisha"']

But are you sure the cop wouldn't get in trouble after admitting that?

Also, even if he did admit it, he still gave us a paraphernalia charge. How would the judge see his point of view when we would be getting in trouble for a charge we didn't have in the first place?[/quote]

I'm almost positive. I say almost because anything could potentially happen, but its very very unlikely.

Cops and judges don't play by regular rules man, especially in Texas that's like good ol boy capital of the world. They can pretty much do whatever they want. They certainly aren't gonna listen to a teenage pot smoker

20. What if it's my 1st offense, though?