Paraphernalia Charge.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ihavegreenshoes, Dec 16, 2008.

1. A couple weeks ago i was driving with a friend and got stopped by an undercover narcotics officer, upon being pulled over when getting my registration out i realized i had a homemade steamroller in my glove box(toliet paper roll+socket). We werent smoking and hadnt smoked in my car for a couple of days.Well the officer told me to step out of the car and searched me finding nothing on my person. He put me in his car and asked me if i had anything i shouldnt. I said no. I gave him consent to search my car figuring he wouldnt since i was so cooperative and polite. He searched my car and my friend had ripped up the toilet paper roll and put the socket in a mountain dew can. All was good until he picked up the can poured it out cut it open and found the socket. Now i am being charged with paraphernalia and have court in january. i have a previous charge or larceny of motor fuel which i have done 72 hours of community service for and am on unsupervised probation for. my question is will i be able to get this dropped since it is such a miniscule item? The socket had resin in it but still it was so small. My car wasnt impounded or anything thank god but the officer told me i could work with him and bring down some people in exchange for dropping the charges. Since im not the type to fuck other people over for my mistakes im just going to get an attorney and go to court for it. I just recently turned 18 in november and im hoping i will get off easy. Anyone had any luck getting paraphernalia dropped without narcing while having previous charges? I live in NC if that helps any.

2. wow, what a fuckin scumbag cop. i really hate worthless pieces of shit like that

3. fuck the police. yo i would just deal with the charge.

It sucks but dont fight it, it will just take longer. Unless those charges are like 2 years in prison????

4. The charges are NOT 2 years in prison. Most likely the cop won't even show up to court like with a traffic ticket. Charges will be dropped. If not and this is your first offence, then the judge will most likely give you some hours of community service at a Rehab center. Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario you get random drug tests for awhile.

5. #5 Justen, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2008
    Well first off, you need to understand one thing that no one ever thinks about enough;

DO NOT EVER GIVE THE POLICE CONSENT TO SEARCH YOUR VEHICLE

From the sound of your story you did absolutely nothing illegal to cause the officer to need to search your car. He had no reason or right IMO to search your car, but once you tell them okay they will take advantage of it. I've seen this happen so many times it's total bullshit.

Cops often will attempt to scare you whenever you tell them no by claiming they can get a warrant or run a dog around your vehicle etc, but when it comes down to it, they won't waste there time. I have refused car searches before, and it ends up in a pissed off cop letting me go. Putting the bowl inside the coke can was smart, im surprised that he checked inside the can.

What I would recommend for you to do, is to get clean first off. Since you are on probation, wether unsupervised or not, chances are you will be getting a piss test soon. I would start drinking water and cranberry juice, maybe put on some sweats, put a towel in front of the bathroom door while its closed, turn the sink and shower on hot water full blast and attempt to burn some the THC out of your system by sweating it out.

Also, I would recommend talking to an attorney. See what they can offer you. See if any laws were broken. Did the officers search you without asking to search you? Because there is some chance you could beat it on an illegal search and seisure. There is many possibilities out there. I have beaten possession charges myself in the past because of illegal searches and mistakes made by local police departments whenever confiscating my herb and arresting me. You can only know by talking to an attorney.

As for the cop asking you to snitch people out, I would tell him to get fucked. It's a bowl, not 200 pounds of weed. What does he possibly expect you to tell him? Where you bought the bowl? Or to give your hookup up? I hate whenever cops do this type of stuff. Remember it is just a paraphenalia charge. Your almost guaranteed to get a fine, thats about it. However be sure to attempt to get clean. Theres a good chance the cop is going to notify your P.O., especially if you told him you are on probation.

Good luck with everything. The best thing you can do is stay calm, and hope for the best while expecting the worst. I have always kept this mindset whenever dealing with legal issues and things always have seemed to work out for the best, or have benefitted me best this way. It will get better in time!

6. well, the thing is if i get charged with paraphernalia i will also get charged with larceny of motor fuel, which would mean i would probably spend some time in jail. Which would really fuck me over since im trying to graduate this year and all. I already missed all of last week due to a death in the family, the last thing i need is to miss another couple of weeks. But ive definitely learned to to give consent to a search and just be as polite as i can while refusing. Thanks for the input guys.

7. He went as far as to cut the fucking can?!? that shits fucked

Knights of the Abyss eh? I used to listen to bands like them
    wat other bands are you into?

8. so the cop is a worthless peice of shit because the op was riding dirty?:rolleyes:

9. I mean i was only riding semi dirty haha.

10. Hell yeah dude. Lately it's been Burning the masses, Underneath the gun, after the burial, and rose funeral. I do enjoy the local bands like knives exchanging hands, he is legend, and killwhitneydead.

11. No, the cop is a worthless piece of shit because he had nothing, and when as far as opening a coke can to look through his car! That's insane! Also, why would you be charged with Motor Fuel Larceny? Did you steal gas from a gas station? No judgement here, but that is a misdemeanor. At your age, your not going to jail for a misdemeanor. Most likely you will plead guilty, cop won't show up and you will be given a slap on the wrist. Worst case scenario, cop shows up, you get 120 hours of community service and random drug testing for a certain period of time. Here is what I know, please inform us of everything, you can trust us!

Charges against you:
    - Larceny of motor fuel ([FONT=&quot]misdemeanors can cause up to a year in county jail)
    - Caught with marijuana paraphenilia (depends on where you live, most likely NOT jail time)

At your age, your looking at these two. A judge will most likely not sentence you to any jail time since your about to graduate. Community service will most likely be given for these charges and Drug Tests. Try to show up clean cut, apolagetic. This is all the advice I can give, and try not to worry to much, that only makes things worse. I'd love to see how this turns out, if you don't mind posting the results.
    [/FONT]

12. I wish more people knew about their rights that they give up so easily when they see the flashing red and blue lights. That cop sounds like hes a busy body. Your town must be boring. At least you learned a lesson.

My advice would be to just show up to your court date in the very least business casual dress, clean cut. Prepare a sob story for the judge. Tell them your trying to get things figured out in life but as everyone knows times are hard, and how your trying to graduate and go to college to or uni to make something of yourself. Be on your best behavior. Learn how to address the judge in a professional manner. Also, stay clean. Your most likely gonna be taking a DT. Goodluck.

13. Don't worry about the paraphernalia charge.

I got one last year and it was only $157.

Good luck.

14. Well i know it is somewhat decriminalized in NC, but yeah the larceny of motorfuel. I was with some friends and we pumped 30$ in gas drove off cops showed up at my house so i went back and paid but was still charged. I just recently got charged with Injury to real property for being with someone while they vandalized a church, but i did 40 hours of community service for that and we got it dropped. (theres a total of 112 hours devoted to my community, haha) but thats pretty much it. I did drop out last year but am now re-enrolled and planning on finishing up and graduating. I was also got with paraphernalia and bud at school my sophomore year but was underage and didnt get charged. I had a bowl and .7 grams of bud. My grades arent too hot seeing as im not the biggest fan of homework and pointless bullshit work. I always pass my exams with A's and B's though. I tend to retain information pretty easily. But as soon as i know the outcome ill be sure to let you guys know.

15. *facepalm*

16. Well he thought we were both blazed and my car smelt like chronic since we hotboxed a couple nights before but the first thing he said after pulling me out of the car was "how much weed have you smoked today" which i honestly replied "none". I know i shouldve said no but i didnt want him to call in the K9 unit and end up having my car towed off. I tried to be as cooperative as possible to avoid that.

17. haha, i blame my teenage ignorance for this.:rolleyes: next time ill be sure to say no.

18. than your only going to get semi raped in the ass
    maybe the cop saw the homemade in the glovecompartment while grabbing his registration:rolleyes:

19. haha, negative. I took out my registration as i was being pulled over before the cop even got out of his car.