Paranormal/weird experience? Need opinions

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by bikeride, May 8, 2011.

1. Hello fellow blades, I apologize for the corny title but I am both high and very confused right now.

Let me start with a little backstory. My grandfather was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease around 10 years ago. It eventually became bad enough that he was confined to a wheelchair most days, and it seemed like he wasn't enjoying himself very much. Despite this, my family and I visited him as often as we could, and he enjoyed telling me stories and asking about school, my life, etc. About 2 weeks ago, he was hospitalized because he was "aspirating" things (which I think means he was breathing in something that could cause him an infection and pneumonia in the lungs). He was very ill but holding on.

A few days ago, I was at a party at my friend's house. After everyone left, we retired to the porch to smoke a bit then sleep. I remember very vividly my dream - I was laughing and joking with my grandfather, who was back in good health again. He seemed to be extremely happy and I remember feeling very happy too in this bizarre dream. The next morning I woke up to a few text messages from my mom telling me I needed to come home because we need to discuss something. When I got home, I found out that my grandfather had passed away in his sleep that night. All I could think about is this dream I had and its significance.

I am a staunch atheist and I am very skeptical about any kind of paranormal activity or ghost story, so I'm not even going to try and guess what happened. However, I would like my fellow blades opinions on this...paranormal activity, coincidence, or what? Feel free to share anything of the type that has happened to you, as well as your theories on this kind of occurrence. Thank you. And rest in peace JP, I love you.

2. You really never know with shit like this, unless you KNOW, you know?

3. I believe that humans have the ability to telepathically communicate with each other whether there dead or alive.

4. I am a strict atheist as well but i do believe in paranormal occurrences, I believe that after we die we leave our bodies and the energy that made up who we are still lingers around the things that are most important to us, be it a house or an object or even a loved one. So you never know man, it very well could have been your grandfather attempting to say goodbye to you and give you a good memory of him before he left....ya never know for sure though.

5. Atheists can believe in the afterlife too.

6. Maybe your grandfather was trying to tell you everything will be alright and that he is happy where he is now.