Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paranoid before smoking..?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ernasr, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Hey guys I've been wondering about this for a while. If you're paranoid/anxious before medicating (for any reason, example: smoked more than you could handle the last time, and had the whole heart beating fast bad trip deal) is it true you'll have a bad trip then if you were to be relaxed? Does the state of mind you're in affect the high or does it plainly depend on the strain, amount of hits you take, and what instrument you use to medicate? Thanks!

2. it does depend on the state of mind you're in, it also depends on strain and how much you take. The method of use also matters. Everything matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Just relax and enjoy best you can at any given moment. its weed, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about. once you arent a complete noob smoker youll realize theres no reason for paranoia and itll go away

4. I'm just a paranoid person in general so sometimes at the beginning of my high ill feel paranoid, but once I finish smoking and put my lighter, weed and bowl away I feel much more safe and then I feel perfectly fine

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

5. That's true, by the way I've been smoking for about 6 years now but it's been on and off not super consistent. I'm just asking because I've had 2 bad trips and I'm trying to find a way to avoid that. And also I'm trying to figure out what type of strain is best for me. Thanks for the response though!

6. It's all in your head
    I see these threads every day, it's like nobody believes they have control over their own mind.
    Breathe PROPERLY, relax, push any anxious energy away with your breath. The more calm you become the more your heart rate will settle. It's not that hard to calm yourself down from any state

7. there isnt a way to eliminate all possibility forever. shit happens with psychoactives

8. Start by not calling it a 'trip' it makes you sound quite new, friend. It's just marijuana there's no trip or any reason to worry about anything. The state of mind shouldn't matter too much because you're smoking to feel good and relax anyways. Just chill the fuck out and hit your piece and calm down.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I agree with rose funeral here. Adding my two cents I'd say:
    1. Get in a comfortable smoke friendly environment.
    2. Prepare some form of entertainment to immerse yourself in.
    3. Enjoy the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Yep music on while you're smoking is guaranteed to relax you. Always recommend Any Color You Like by Pink Floyd...it's just the sound of my brain getting THC :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app