Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paranoid, and know I shouldnt be.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bongDelivery, Nov 23, 2013.

1. A little background of myself:  I turned 18 a couple months ago.  I live with my parents but plan on moving out after Christmas once I save up enough money.  (My parents support this)  I used to play a few sports and be in clubs, but by now I'm getting really bored of those, and I've started to take up other hobbies, like weed.  They don't want me to smoke, and if they find out I am they get VERY angry.  (Over reacting in my opinion.)

TLDR; I am 18, live with my parents, and they don't want me smoking.

In my old house, I could walk around and talk about pot as loud as I wanted, because they couldn't hear me.  Almost as soon as I started smoking, we moved to a new place which is a little smaller.  I always get paranoid that they can hear me talking about it, or that they will come downstairs while I'm smoking even though I KNOW they are asleep.  When I'm high, the SMALLEST noise sets me off and freaks me out, and I have three damn dogs constantly walking around the house.  When I'm sober, I always think to myself, "What the hell was I thinking?  They can't hear anything.."  It takes over my high and ruins it too much.  How can I avoid this Paranoia?  

2. Welcome to the world of a stoner :).Get used to it.

3. dude I was pretty much in exact the same place a year ago just like a bigger house you lived in then downsized I did the same and I was still living with my mother so I had most of them problems all I can say is try to find somewhere else to smoke cause u will never be able to proper relax  when stoned, I ended up buying a shed so I wasn't smoking in my room just a small one and turned it into my smoke-room which no one has a key but myself haha

sit back, get ready, lift off! :bongin:

4. I don't know if this helps but during the first year after turning 18 I grew more paranoid and such. I think it just comes with growing up honestly. I'm no where near as paranoid as I was my 18th year.

#RedEyeClub

5. Same thing with the age. As i have matured i have stoppes getting as paranoid. One thing that will calm your paranoia is making a conscious effort to logically remind yourself that its the weed making you feel that way and theres no real reason to worry.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Exactly. Once I realized everything was in my control I became more balanced.

#RedEyeClub

7. #7 Quarter Chubs, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2013
    Rent one of those 1$ a day storage places and sesh in there :p

It's all in your head man. Is there anywhere else you can smoke where you'll be in a more relaxed environment? Perhaps smoke outside so your parents won't be able to just walk in on you. Once you're done seshing outside you could just go about your day like usual, so long as you can keep your shit on the DL

8. Yeah good ideas.  I've tried reminding myself that it's just in my head and that's it, but I got a master plan!  I'm buying one of those complete zip up sleeping bags, and whenever I need to chill, I just roll it out and hotbox.  It's a mobile hotbox so if you see a bunch of sleeping bags on the side of the road you know whats up

9. yes i know this is a long ass story, but bare with me you wont get bored. I have had a few situations just like yours. The thing that always saves me is i always tell myself that if i wasnt high i would be scared at all. Funny story about this yesterday, (weird way to enter this but) i was at meijer and bought some stuff, i wasnt high, FYI, but long story short i went out to my car to leave and this guy was sitting in his car with the windows down, He looked like a petaphile, and he asked me "if he was to close to my car to get in". (nothing happened but he scared the fuck out of me). i was high at night with my parents out of the house, and my dog out of nowhere starts barking at something outside, (i live in the country and no one lives by me at all, and my drive way is a 1/4 mile long) anyways i got scared as fuck and i open the door and heard noises and shit, so i got my shotgun and walked around outside looking for a someone, and i immeditaly thought of the guy i saw at meijers and i freaked out and ran inside, So the whole night i was scared about this guy, even one time i thought he was inside my house. But after a while i came to my senses and i told myself "if i werent high right now i wouldnt be scared" and then presto he went away, and i started watching harry potter untill my parents got home. Sorry for the short story, lol