Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paranoid about smell

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by maycam10, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Every time i burn and i have to go back home i get super paranoid about the smell sticking on me. My question is, how noticeable is the actual smell, and can it be easily detected.

2. #2 kbr, Jun 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2010
    It depends on the conditions really. If you hotbox a car and go straight home then you're no doubt going to reek. That's just common sense. If you're worried about smell consider these...

Always smoke outside whenever possible. It allows the smoke to dissipate more quickly and airs out your clothes and hair, especially if it's very windy out. Never smoke in a confined space such as a car or small room when trying to avoid smelling. If you must smoke inside for whatever reason, blow the smoke through a sploof and move to a different room as soon as you're done smoking.

Use a bowl (or vaporizer if possible). Joints and blunts (blunts especially) tend to be very smelly, and this smell can stick to you for several hours.

As soon as you're done smoking, chew some gum, wash your hands or use hand sanitizer, and spray yourself with some kind of fragrance such as Axe. You may also wish to put some kind of leave-in conditioner in your hair that smells nice, and put in eye drops if your eyes are red.

Do all that and I guarantee that you will not smell. I do that exact same thing all the time in the woods by my house and am able to be around my family 10 minutes later without them knowing a thing. :)

3. I never would have thought about the hair thing, thanks for the idea though. Ill just keep tokin like no ones business. you do the same :smoking:

4. if you use gel or any hair products that have fat conent the smoke smell will stick to it. so if ur smoking inside try to avoid these...probably advice directed more towards women than men...idk which OP is

5. i've never smelled after burning, unless i hotboxed.

6. Well, it depends on the method and location in which your smoking. Weed, unlike cigarettes, does not cling as much to your clothes. An exception to this would be smoking a blunt because of the paper and/or leaves, such as palma, used. Joints also leave lingering smells especially on the finger tips, although they are not as intense as blunts. Now, if your smoking apparatus happens to be a bong, my personal favorite, then the wonderful stench in your clothing will not stay for long. Here are a few tips for keeping your paranoia in a choke hold:

-try to smoke blunts/Joints outdoors or in open spaces; no rooms, closets, etc

-don't add ciggs to your smoke session

-Bongs and vape smoke doesn't stick for too long

-Plan ahead and make sure you have at least an hour between when you finish smoking and when you have to be home.

-if your going to use gum, chew it a while before going to your house, not right before

Hope this helps, Peace

7. the smell can get stuck in my hair(I have dreads) but being outside helps. Then I ride home with my window down.

Sometimes I just smoke with my just a tank top on. then put on a clean shirt.

for my breath, I find that anything that takes a while to chew works. gum, starbursts, mints., etc.

8. Haha if you have dreads, people will think you're high whether you smell or not.

9. If theres a breez outside
    blow it the way the wind is going
    or it will just hit ya.
    Good luck tokin

10. I always found doing a quick sprint on a bike in the direction the wind is going to drain the smell completely. but also wearing baggy clothes will make things worse. and god forbid you wear a jacket.... Any spray with deoderizing effects (febreeze of any type) will actually remove the smell, not just mask it. but only use spray if ur super paranoid. remember u CANNOT smell it yourself, only people who havent been around u smoking....As for easily detected, no. But i like to have atleast 30 minutes before i go have to talk to parents/risky people. the wind naturally blowing the air out of you is the best. applying a light cologne is good too. NOT TOO MUCH...also uninhaled smoke smells like 20x more potent and clings much harder. if your outside, blow the smoke upwards...

11. when i stay with my dad i smoke in my closet with a thingy that u blow thru..
    Works well.

12. The smell goes away fast if you're outside, if you smoke joints or blunts make sure to wash your hands well

13. Bud smoke doesn't really stick to you, but tobacco does. So avoid tobacco(blunts, cigarettes, etc) and just be smart, smell isn't as much of a giveaway as your behavior.

14. If you use a pipe wait till the pipe cools down before going in cause it will reek if you don't.