Paranoia

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ronin, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Newbie here. Just got my first seedlings barely breaking the surface. I haven't been this excited about a project in a long time!

My question is around safety. I started this as a fun hobby but after reading several posts, I'm worried about overall safety.

I thought that I had been safe so far. I tried to make sure not to buy everything in one place. I bought the seeds from a well-established seedbank. I built my ballast from parts from an electrical supply house. I bought the reflector and bulb from an indoor gardening store in San Francisco (which I thought was my biggest exposure). I had never thought about the spike in power consumption at the electric company!

I intend on growing no more than 5 plants. I am running a 1000w metal halide light indoors. How worried should I be about the police searching my place due to the spike in power consumption?

2. When you bought all that stuff, did you think to use cash?

You could buy all that shit, at the same place, wearing a big MJ leaf on your shirt, and not get picked out one bit......if you pay in cash.

That's what i do, that way there is not record that ties you to the purchase.

As for the electric bill, I don't think it will matter much. You're bill will go up, sure, but not enough for the cops to catch on.

3. also....never use storecards, like the spend $300 and get points kind of thing, as they too can be monitored........Peace out......Sid

4. Just don't use or do anything that can connect you to the purchase.

Than the gov't has no idea that it ever took place.