Paranoia or Legitimate fear?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Firefly1628, Nov 20, 2013.

1. I always get paranoid I am going to get caught smoking. I can usually drown out the voice that is freaking out in my head, but a few weeks ago I had some friends over to smoke, and while we were all in my smoke room we heard two distinct knocks on the door. My whole body got tense. We all thought we were busted. It ended up being my cat jumped up onto the couch and it knocked the frame agaisnt the wall.

Well I have been thinking about it the last few weeks, what if it WAS a cop at my door, What would happen to me then?? I have a 2 year old son. He is always here when we smoke, but NEVER awake, or even on the same floor. That however wouldnt matter to a cop. I would get slapped with a charge of either endangering the welfare of a child, or neglectful supervision. And run the risk of CPS taking my child. Any Blades who have talked to me about my kid know that he is my entire life. The idea of losing him to that has actually sent me into a depression.

I guess what I am getting at is, If I have people over to smoke, and we only vaporize, no actual combustion, do you think I am running the risk of getting caught. Im starting to think I am going to give it up so I dont have to run that risk. It honestly scares the shit out of me. So any other Parents on here, any advice?? Am I being ovr paranoid?? Is this something you have experienced?? It makes me think about this article from the summer.   http://www.alternet.org/drugs/taken-pot-smoking-parents-2-year-old-murdered-foster-care

2. If it's your own house you can do what ever you want in it.

Sent from my HTCONE using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Think about it, no cop is just going to randomly show up to your house and know your smoking weed. Even if someone for whatever reason called the cops they are not going to rush over to your house in an emergency because of weed. I toked with some buddies at a park. 20 minutes later we hear sirens. My buddy is freaking out thinking someone called the cops on us. Then I thought about it. Why would they be rushing towards us with sirens blaring? Also they wouldnt treat it as an emergency as they have more important things to do. Your mind will play tricks on you when your high this is natural. You have to tell yourself that YOU are in control over body and mind. Reassure yourself that it is only weed. Ive been sooo high to a point where I saw normal cars with cop lights on the top (not on) and the writing POLICE on the side. As they came closer I calmed myself down and realized I was being paranoid over nothing. Just be you man

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. A good tip is to try and catch yourself starting to think irrationally, and break it down from there.

5. I can think of 5 situations where having paranoia has saved me from going to jail; Yes, it will diminish most of your experiences n stuff but its also not a bad thing to have, its yours to manage but a little paranoia never hurt no one.

Now if your checking your window every minute that may be a different thing but hey.

Exactly.  Fix it.

My advice would be to take steps to make sure you don't get caught.  Perhaps making sure all sources of smell are not coming from inside your place. 

Maybe buy a hookah and help marinate the room a bit.

7. If it were a cop, tell him to get a warrent if he wants to come in. Or just dont answer the door, youve got the right to do that. Just really know your rights and youll be fine. Plus no one will be able to smell it if its just rolling out of an open window, but i get that feeling too sometimes.

I think we all have that special whore somewhere in our lives.

8. i know the feeling,it actually did happen once,my friends neighbor smelt the smoke and called the cops,got off with a warning thank god

dont smoke at yours if you're close to other houses 

9. Our neighbors are crazy close to us on the right side of the house. If they reach out of their window and i reach out of my window there would only be about  feet between our hands. there is a driveway between my house and theirs, thats it.

yea,best to go smoke up at the park or something then,at least your mind would be at rest.

find an area like the abandoned house i smoke in

11. Thats not an option for me, I have a 2 year old and I only smoke when he is asleep. I implemented a new rule in my home though. No more smoking. IF you are on my list of acceptable people (someone who doesnt raise red flags) then you can come over and vape some weed with me. But absolutely no combustion.

should look into edibles,if i cant get out of the house for a sesh i just chuck some budder in a bowl of ramen

13. don't grow or sell.

you'll be ok

vaporizer would be prime.

smart to be safe but watch out for the paranoia  

14. Yeah thats what i kept telling myself. Sometimes my paranoia gets out of control I can really only smoke at home because of this. Also a couple of my friends have started dealing. Idk if i want them always at my house now. IDK if they are being watched or anything but its not worth the risk ya know???

15. THEY CUT OFF MY LEGS NOW I'M AN AMPUTEE, GODDAMN YOU

16. haha its not THAT bad. Thanks though for the Harvey Danger throw back ;)

I think it gets so bad because I finally have something to lose. Before my son i didnt care if I got caught. I really would kill myself if I lost my son to CPS. I would have no reason to breathe without that little boy.