Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paranoia issues when smoking. help?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by dubandadutch420, Jul 19, 2012.

1. okay, ive been smoking for the past 5 years, i use to smoke a ton of weed on the daily. atleast a 1/4 a day. now when ever i smoke, i need less to get high, i get a bit paranoid, my heart pounds, and a bit of anxiety sets in. i my question is, why is this happening? is this reverse tolerence, or am i goin crazy? lol.

2. smoke less and chill out. put on some good music and just relax.

3. i wish my tolerance would reverse

same weed? did you take a break? any different factors?

4. i smoke alot of different buds. outdoor, indoror, and heads. anything i can get my hands on round these parts. ive never taken a break up until last 420. from april 1st to the 20th.

5. Sometimes it helps me to surround myself with my closest friends. Like a fleshy security blankie, yo.

6. Marijuana generally is a reflection of your initial attitude when sparking up..
    For example, if your in an area, and your already freaking out about whether or not people are gonna see/smell it, you'll generally have a high that reflects that.

But if you smoke with friends in an area where you are comfortable, and you go into it knowing that all thats gonna happen is your gonna chill out, laugh, and watch movies... thats whatll happen

7. hmmm....why are we seeing more and more of these 'pot is killing me/my-mind'/'going crazy' scare threads?

Seems to be happening more and more, and the OP's are all new...hmmmm...this threads info could shed light on 'what' this could be...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/politics...tion-misdirection-control-internet-forum.html

ya, propaganda has many vectors of attack to use...:wave:

8. Have you switched dealers? Different strain than usual? Vaping? Stressed or anxious about something in your mind?

I have been smoking for about 3 years (daily), and around February I started having anxiety when I was high: Skipping beats, increased heart rate, paranoid to the extreme..

I basically narrowed it down to anxiety after doing research. There have been numerous times throughout my life where I encountered similar symptoms, and basically the weed was just heightening them or bringing them out. I haven't been diagnosed or have I seen a Dr. for this, but I'm pretty sure I have mild anxiety.

It could be different weed, or it could be that you have underlying anxiety (in general, or pertaining to something specifically)..

Try to be aware of it. What happened before the symtoms started? What were you thinking about? How has your day been like? From there you can start rationalising with your body and hopefully they'll dissipate.

GL!

9. The first question sir is

What are you paranoid about?
    For example I get paranoid when I smoke when I smoke in my room and Im not sure if my sploof worked or not, because my MOM doesnt want me to smoke.

But I am eased and chill when I smoke and she isn't anywhere near home and IM certain the time she would go home to air out my room.

SO again

What are you paranoid about? thinking about when your paranoid? do you notice when You dont get paranoid for a momment? remember why that happened and try to do that again.

10. This too, if your smoking and your like suppose to hide it, that will indeed make you alil more paranoid then if you were smoking and you DIDN't have to hide it.

11. Quit smoking Sativa's.

12. I would suggest to smoke in the most relaxed way possible multiple times. Given that it works the first time, I say do it more than once to build up your inner confidence since if you THINK you're going to have paranoia/anxiety problems, you're a LOT more prone to get them.

I used to sneak out of the house to smoke at nights and when it reached like a good couple months of doing so I had times when it took me 30mins just to get into the house (making absolutely no noise) because I got so paranoid.

13. Its just happening now, because your just now worrying about it. You scared of it, you get high, your fight or flight response kicks in, and you get scared. The sooner you realize there is nothing to worry about, the better. I used to get scared too, then I stopped worrying about it and it doesn't bother me!