Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Paranoia has ruined getting high

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by FloridaPerson, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. As a pre-written favor, please don't just comment with steriotypical stoner responses. I really am looking for help.

I like smoking weed to relax. I'm a great student at a highly praised university. I use marijuanna to relax and take my mind off things. But I care too much about my friends thinking I'm a "stoner" to enjoy smoking anymore. Even smoking alone in my room as become less enjoyable. I'm always scared that my roommates will smell it and think I'm a stoner and will think less of me. I know this is stupid, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this and could help me get past it. I like to smoke and would like to continue to do so to relax. Thanks in advance!

2. Dude obviously its the fact that you care what people think. Thats whats blocking you from enjoying your high. You give too many fucks when you shouldnt give any. Weed isnt a bad thing (unless you make it one). Its all mental and in your head.

3. I'd do anything to have the issue of mere paranoia. You're lucky it's not a worse experience than that. If you're worried about being perceived as a stoner I'm guessing you haven't gotten into other drugs. If that's the case, then don't and you'll be glad years down the road that you didn't.

There's nothing inherently wrong with smoking marijuana. You're not hurting anybody, and there are far more degenerate paths to travel down: in addition, as you say, you're in a good school and I imagine doing well. If you can't maintain that then stop, and if you can, then don't worry about anything else including what some friends who you likely won't even remember in 10 yrs think.

4. [quote name='"FloridaPerson"']Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice. As a pre-written favor, please don't just comment with steriotypical stoner responses. I really am looking for help.

I like smoking weed to relax. I'm a great student at a highly praised university. I use marijuanna to relax and take my mind off things. But I care too much about my friends thinking I'm a "stoner" to enjoy smoking anymore. Even smoking alone in my room as become less enjoyable. I'm always scared that my roommates will smell it and think I'm a stoner and will think less of me. I know this is stupid, but I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this and could help me get past it. I like to smoke and would like to continue to do so to relax. Thanks in advance![/quote]

That actually pissed me off. Not only do you care what people think of you, but YOU think smoking weed makes you less of a person. Just because you are at a " highly praised" university does not mean your friends or room mates don't have a drink every now and then to relax. What is the difference? I hate when people think that smoking weed automatically makes you a bad person. If your friends would care that you smoke that much, why would you hang out with them and continue to worry? or continue to smoke? Just do what you want bro, screw what other people think.

5. Hey man, here's some advice.
    I smoke before, during, and after school. I've never been caught and I've been doing it every day, for the last 6 months.
    Most people wont know what weed smells like, if they smell it just tell them its probably because someones smoking outside and the smokes coming in through a open window.
    And aslong as your eyes arn't red, NO ONE will know your high. And if they ask why your eyes are red, say you got shampoo in them! t

Just remember to:
    Ride the high
    No one will know your high unless you tell them
    Paranoia is part of getting high
    And most people dont care if your a stoner! Most people think its kind of coo!

Hope I helped man! Toke on! :smoke:

6. people are going to disapprove of many aspects of your life...that is part of life.
    not everybody is going to view things in the same light.

if you friends cant accept that you enjoy to smoke a little bud here & there, then sorry to say but they are not your real friends.

you could be a lot worse off than smoking a j here and there.

7. so excited![​IMG]

8. You can't please everyone.
    No matter what you do, someone will always be thinking that you are a stoner/jerk/idiot/looser/ugly/and so on.
    Just relax and do what you think is good for you.

9. Lol, I know how he feels, I've lost many friends do to the fact that they found out that I toked hella XD and at first, I cared, a lot, but after a while, you start to take on the lifestyle of not caring much what people think, and also knowing that if some excepts you as the person you are completely(without you hiding anything) then they are a true friend, I have lots of friends now that don't actually role, but still respect that I do, and sometimes even come with me and chill while I take a toke, basically what I'm sayin is, don't worry about what people think.. Because of they got mad at you for it, they weren't the truest and loyal friend for you, and if someone should find out, just tell them straight up, and see if they still respect you(which they should, I'm friends with a russian dude that uses whiskey as a chaser for vodka XD). Don't be so paranoid, when your high, do something that you know will keep you content, but still relaxed, like watch a movie, that way if they do see your red eyes, you can tell them you were in the dark staring at the screen for too long..

Stay chill ma friend ^_^

10. Stay stoned , T breaks make paranoia worse to much time to think.

11. Right theres 2 strains, indica and sativa, I also sometimes get paranoid of sativa because it causes paranoia but indica doesnt so just use indica :)

12. Man there will always be those ignorant people in your life that will think less of you because you smoke, I learned that a while ago. So fuck em.

13. Yh some people are dickheads about this, most my friends dont toke and dont know I toke

14. I once had a roommate in College who looked down on the fact that I would go out and get super drunk/high. I came home at 2:00am and the fucker was sitting on the couch playing Kingdom Hearts, wouldn't even acknowledge me, and if he did he had a condescending glare. I think he was just mainly jealous that I had found a new group of friends to hang out with, and that I was having way more fun than him.

He even freaked the fuck out (b/c I had weed in my pocket) when he was speeding down the highway and he got pulled over , thankfully the Trooper didn't even care about me :laughing:

Fuck what people think, I'm a lot happier not caring about what others think. While I always hope to make a good impression, if I don't it's not the end of the world ;)

15. If they're even your friends then they'll accept you, I had lots of friends who looked down on me at first, but I kept my grades up and told them to nut up or shutup, and sure enough I got everysingle one of them to smoke, now we all just have shits and giggles when im stoned and they're not, introduce them to the herb, this is a common stoner response but seriously get friends who will accept you :/ I've had most of my friends since gradeschool and not one of them has ever though less of me for smoking.

16. Weed contrary to popular belief isn't highly praised by most "high class" people, I'm glad he smokes, and he should care what people think about him, but he should go out of his way to make them think he's awesome despite pot. Stoners not giving a shit about the rest of the world is what gives us a bad name. Present yourself properly or don't smoke fucker it ruins it for us all. YOUR comment pissed me off more then his.

17. You seem to already know your problem. Stop adding complexity where there is none.

18. Why don't you just get them a nice big basket of " mind your own fucking buisness" , then run down to the store and get your favorite case of" I don't give a fuck", then go home and twist up a "fuck the po po" and offer a hit to your so called "friend roomates" who care more about your habits then your words and actions. Time to revise your priorities me thinks and maybe get a sploof and and an air freshner

19. Ohhh i feel you. Im kind of like you, paranioa will kind of chase me and will hit me with anything to get me paranoid. Id calm myself down and a new tough would come up. the best thing to do is to get busy, go on youtubs or get a buddy over. Get a tall glass of ice tea, put alot of ice in it, pack your bowl and go heavy bonging, play some cool multiplayer games. I wouldnt tell you to stop getting high because thats your choise. Just kick back bro. Paranoia is a bitch. And no, noone will call you a stoner nor will you lose respect or any kind of care you like.

20. #20 metaldubstepbud, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2012
    Question... why get paranoid when your alone.... in a building.... with no one but yourself.... does he like jump around corners and slap you silly or some shit? :eek: hitem back!! Brow brawls are fun

Wrong fuckin thread my bad im stoned, ignore this, im not deleting it I want everyone to see how big of a failure i am.