Paramount and Dreamworks drop blu-ray(not good for PS3 owners)

Discussion in 'General' started by ondrugz, Aug 25, 2007.

1. glad i went with xbox 360 instead

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">LOS ANGELES, Aug. 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/—Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom Inc. and DreamWorks Animation SKG , each announced today that they will exclusively support the next-generation HD DVD format on a worldwide basis. The exclusive HD DVD commitment will include all movies distributed by Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Nickelodeon Movies and MTV Films, as well as movies from DreamWorks Animation, which are distributed exclusively by Paramount Home Entertainment.

The companies each said that the decision to distribute exclusively in the HD DVD format resulted from an extensive evaluation of current market offerings, which confirmed the clear benefits of HD DVD, particularly its market-ready technology and lower manufacturing costs. Paramount Home Entertainment will launch its exclusive HD DVD program with the release of the blockbuster comedy hit “Blades of Glory” on August 28th and follow with two of the biggest grossing movies of the year “Transformers” and “Shrek the Third”. These three titles alone represent more than $1.5 billion in box office ticket sales worldwide.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14271/...y-Pick-HD-DVD/</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

2. I'm glad I went with the 360 too.

400 for a 360, with the 200 option of an HD DVD player...or 600 for a built-in blu-ray in the PS3

Seemed like a no-brainer to me.

3. Im gonna buy a PS3 about 5 years down the line.

4. Glad i wen't with the 360 as well I never got into the Playstation format plus PS3 was way too expensive

im quite happy with my decision :smoke:

5. just like with the betamax shit, sony tried to get under the rest of the world, develope what they thought would be the next best thing, tried to make it so that they would have exclusive rights over it and they fucked it up exactly the same way as last time, but i bet they will loose a whole bunch more money than with the betamax. honestly, who in sony thought that making an alternate to the already superpower status DVD, and said yea man this is what we gotta do, itll work for sure!

im also glad i got the 360, i knew that not only was the ps3 overrated and overpriced, it wasnt going to be as good as the 360 already was, and i was right. i far preffer the titles and the experience on the 360, the ps3 just sucks, and this ultimately will mean the demise of what was supposed to revolutionize the gaming and home entertainment world.

oh well, another big money hungry corporation making a mistake cause of greed