Parallel universe

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Bakedassninja, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Could our solar system be in some sort of parallel universe inside of a cosmic bubble floating in a sea of other cosmic universes....

2. yes it can. it can also be flushing down the toilet of space

3. could be

also couldnt be

4. I like the MIB alien marbles theory.

yo zeltronius i'll trade you this marble with life in it for your three marbles with no life.

5. With our lack of knowledge, pretty much anything could be possible...

6. Check out M theory :wave:

7. It depends on how you're thinking about it. It technically doesn't need another one. We are just one plane of existence here, it is impossible to get much more of an educated guess on the outside, we are bound to third-fourth dimensions with a hint of fifth. It is like a fish looking out of it's fish bowl.

8. Yes, its pretty much a fact amongst scientists to my knowledge

9. And maybe I'm wrong, but a few years ago I thought scientists found some pretty compelling evidence of the existence of a multiverse in the cosmic microwave background

10. Yeah I think your right

11. It doesn't matter because in our Universe the world is gonna end soon. Start repenting!

jk but seriously, parallel universes are a curious and interesting thought. And the possiblity of new realities being born from two options in a choice, so they both end up happening anyway; All of this is just so much to take and try and put together, but fascinating none the less.

Quantum Suicide, crazy man.

12. [quote name='"digu miki"']It doesn't matter because in our Universe the world is gonna end soon. Start repenting!

jk but seriously, parallel universes are a curious and interesting thought. And the possiblity of new realities being born from two options in a choice, so they both end up happening anyway; All of this is just so much to take and try and put together, but fascinating none the less.

Quantum Suicide, crazy man.[/quote]

What your describing is border line fringe theory I believe,

Hawkings developed a theory for time moving "sideways " instead of a singular forward motion, that paired with the multiverse creates the idea that every possible option in a decision creates a universe,

But I thinks its much more likely for other universes to be completely different

13. It's not direct observation. More like combination of theories that seem to support another.

14. The beauty is not in knowing it all. But knowing enough to understand the question(s).

Which is fucking hard.

15. Yeah, I thought it was called the contingency theory or something but I can't remember lol. But the idea of a multiverse with many universes that differ in crazy ways does sound more likely to me than a multiverse that constantly makes up universes based on every single possible outcome; that means in some other universe, I'm dead because my dad didn't get a screw I swallowed out of my mouth in time when I was a baby D:

16. They are both possible at the same time?

17. Yes. Idk if you watch futurama, but if you've ever seen the episode with the box containing a different universe, it pretty much sums up this theory lol.

18. There are numerous parallel universes. We are one. If we cross over its hard to tell what's there

19. I believe every action creates an opposite reaction . So the theory is plausible in my eyes