Papaya

Discussion in 'Smoke Reports' started by Space Captain, Nov 12, 2010.

1. #1 Space Captain, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2010
    STRAIN NAME: Papaya (fem/seed)
    FLOWERING: Photoperiod
    BREEDER: Nirvana Seeds

WHAT THE MARKETING PEOPLE SAY: Papaya is a quick growing & usually an early maturing strain. Papaya is a heavy, greasy indica staying low and dense, very suitable for sea of green gardens. It's cannabis seeds flowers between 8-11 weeks and it's THC is strong between 15-20%. Harvest outdoors is August, September. Papaya has a tropical aroma that reminds you of the scent of whiskey pipe tobacco. The buzz from our papaya is lethargic & almost narcotic.

REVIEWER: Space Captain
    SMOKER TYPE: Frequent
    SMOKER's PREFERENCE: Indicas

CONSUMPTION METHODS USED: Pipe
    FAMILIARITY: Very
    BUZZ: 9/10 - Rock steady. Clean. No ceiling.
    TASTE: Not spectacular but not bad; sweet enough. Smoke is expandy but not actually harsh.
    POTENCY: 9/10 - Strong but not crushing. Still, you'll want to get comfy with this one.

YIELD: Approx. 2 oz. in a very small single plant grow space. Poor lighting for about 2 weeks hurt the yield.

OVERALL: 9/10 - I think Papaya is a classic. It's an unusual grower with clumpy dense buds. It's got that white frost. Smells wicked in the bag (indeed, a papaya/fruit & lemony smell). Gets you nicely whacked.

Note that Papaya is of the Ice/Citral genealogy - Citral #13 (Unknown Strain & Hindu Kush) / Ice #2 (Skunk & White Widow)
    Papaya (by Nirvana Seeds) :: SeedFinder :: Strain Info

2. Dude, no offense but come on!

Give us some pics, what lights you used, what nutrients you used, soil or hydro?

3. No pics --I don't own any handheld electronic devices. Hydro. I use multiple 150W HPS lights, each for a single plant, due to space restrictions. Nutes are Flora Gro, Flora Micro & Flora Bloom.

4. Good report Cap'n, have some too and looking forward to the cure.

5. Let us know, StickEnugzz. Best of luck & take care.

6. hey! some people post 2 sentence long smoke reports. this guy did pretty good i'd say!

7. well i just started a grow of papaya planning on scrogging two plants in a airoponics setup that i built myself

8. #8 StickEnugzz, Jan 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2012
    I must of got a bad pack folks. I've run a couple in different scenarios(conditions)and I can't get any good results. Now I only germinated 3 seeds out of a 10 pack of regulars. I had some heat issues earlier on that I have fixed now and my set up as a whole is a little different. I grow 100% Organic in the container shown in my sig. Mostly water only with an occasional AACT early on in a grow. 400 watt enhanced hortilux, sealed hood, good air flow and CO2. I've had 2 harvests of Pap. They have all been shit but most of that is probably attributed to the heat. Heat will cause airy buds with depleted trichs and thats what I got. Right now my main focus is on a DarkStar that is just about done but I also have two Papaya in there as well. They are just not strong growers, granted this is probably a weak pheno and I have 7 more beans of it that I should pop before giving this assessment. The problem is this...I germinated 2 beans from TH seeds Darkstar. 1 was male the other a magnificent specimen of MJ that I will pull multiple ounces off of one plant soon. IMO seed banks need to do more "proofing" of their seeds before releasing thousands of them to the people that put food on their tables and write in forums like GC. Why should I have to wade around a sea of junk ass seeds in order to find a keeper? Fuck that...I pay the same price for Nirvana's shit seeds as a winner. Nonsensical to say the least. The same thing happened with a pack of Widow from them. I germed 7 of those. 3 females 4 males, no keepers, all shit buds. I will say this. I made hash out of all that bud and it was fan fuckin tastic. The bud was the ugliest shit you ever seen but something about those trichs. So my assessment of the situation...Nirvana is not the same Nirvana as years past. Somethings up for sure. If you want tropical tasting stash buds with a good stone look into this TGA's Agent Orange. Next to go in after my next run. Happy New Year and Keep Er Green !
    [​IMG]

9. I just started some papaya seeds. 3 out of 5 popped and are looking good.
    Looks like there are 2 different pheno types.

Short and bushy with fat leaves and a taller lankier looking plant with not so fat leaves.

Anybody know witch pheno is the one I'm looking to go with.

I just started these from seed a couple weeks ago and looking to clone.

Thanks

10. you want the females..lol.... well it is a indica i would think the short fat leaves

11. The information is very interesting. I like the post. Thank you, this advice will come in handy. It made me understand something, and it is that I never knew before.

12. are you currently growing papaya hows it going

13. I just germed 10 regs that I had in my freezer for about a yr, I used the paper towel method and all 10 germed so right now I have 10 each in a 5"x5"x5" square pot under 432 watts of led lighting.
    its been a little over 2 weeks and its time for me to transplant to maybe 2 gal pots so I can wait til they turn a month old so I can flip them to 12/12 so they will show their sex,then I'm gonna flip them back to 19/5 and transplant the females to 5 gal pots and at 2 1/2 mo move them under my 1000 watt hps with leds on 2 sides to suppliment the bandwith and see what I end up with :hippie: