Pan's Labyrinth Movie Review

Discussion in 'General' started by sky, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Okay, first off let me say i won't be too descriptive as not to give the movie away.

The first thing you should know is that i was ripped out of my mind when i went to watch it and imo that made the movie a million times more magical.

This movie is in spanish with english subtitles which kinda turned me off at first but then i didn't even notice.

The visuals are absolutely amazing in this movie, just stunning. For example there is this bug that this girl (Ofelia, the main character or one of the main ones) thinks is a fairy just like the ones in her story book. So Ofelia opens the story book and points to the picture of the fairy in it and asks the bug if the bug is a fairy. Well slowly this bug starts morphing into something that resembles more of a fairy, it looked absolutely incredible and just left me wondering what the fuck just happened. And the best part is there are so many parts in the movie like that.

I won't lie, the movie is fairly graphic and gruesome at some points but i think its worth it because it has constant unexpected twists that will just leave you saying 'ohhhhh snap!'.

all in all a really good movie and definate must watch when high, check it out

http://www.panslabyrinth.com

2. I think there was a thread about this awhile back, but yes, it's an awesome movie. It's a refreshing change from whats been out lately, and totally stimulates the imagination. Just don't eat any of the food ;).

3. yup it was a good movie

4. Looks good, to bad its not playing in any theatres around here for some reason, aXXo has a good quility release up though :D

5. download and watch it...i'll leave you with this, the part with the frog is insane

6. I was dissapointed... Was way too dark at times for me... I like visually stunning films with lots of color... Damn near could have been B&W...

Now 300 looks like a KILLER film... I'm gonna IMAX that fucker!!

7. I absolutely loved it, I love fantasy with a good helpin of reality thrown in

8. yeah man, i was so stoned though i couldn't tell which was which as some points haha:smoking:...still cant stop thinking about the frog, gives me shivers every time

9. I'm bumping this because I just saw it and it was seriously amazing. I highly recommend watching it. Especially stoned. So good.

10. I got really hyped about this movie and then when I finally saw it the day it came out... I was shocked- It really isnt anything special. It could have been A LOT better. I'd give it a 6/10.

Let me just say this.. It would have been a GREAT movie it was the same length as the LOTR movies. The fact that this movie is just under 2 hours long makes it not even comparable with some of the great fantasy movies.

11. lol the part where that general dude bashes that guys face in with a bottle is probably one of the most graphic scenes i've ever seen in a movie

12. lol this part
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=eZpQ5RfIL6U

13. ive never gotten in to movies with subtitiles... i still have it ... from when i rented it at blockbuster... but nah... dont wanna read all those subtitles...

14. how come my movie threads never go anywhere?

ahh, well anyways. was a great film, saw it when it came out not expecting much. Boy was i wrong, Loved the monsters (particularly the grey man or whatever) the phan was amazing as well.

This movie basically follows very closely to themes that have been done though. I suggest fans of the movie to see

"The Devils Backbone" (same director)

and an older film called "The Spirit of the Beehive"

15. The bottle scene was great! Reminded me of the scene in "A History of Violence"

ahh good stuff,

16. You know, English isn't the only language in the world. There are SO many good subtitled movies that you will never see merely because you don't want to read subtitles. For shame.

17. You are missing out my friend..aside from this movie which is really good, City of God is ******** awesome! I mean you can't avoid a movie like that for subtitles.

18. missing out big time.

if you dont like subtitles you should learn every language so you can watch every movie!

19. Yeah I've let my friends watch this movie stoned and all they could say was "Holy Shit.." with a blank stare haha.

20. Great movie!
    That fawn would freak the hell out of me though if he came sneaking up on me at night.