Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

panic

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by bennettt83, Oct 20, 2018.

1. it dont matter what i smoke i seem to panic, i tried little less than 0.8% thc and 17% cbd sativa and it felt like my hands were tingly and getting hard to breathe so i start to panic and just tell myself its the weed. what are ways to curb this feeling? i thought high cbd had no stoned or high feeling? but yet my hands tingle.. confused as im told cbd dont get u high or weird feeling..

2. You don't have to smoke marijuana if it makes you feel bad. Just don't use cannabis. Did you forget it's a drug with side effects?

3. im asking for advice from other ppl more experienced, i want to smoke it. i am learning as i know nothing about it. i would rather lean toward having a puff than drinking everyday. some of us people have anxiety problems or chemical imbalance and would prefer something natural to aid us even if it is just taking the edge off as opposed to chemical substances such as pills... i wasnt asking if i should smoke it but thats your opinion. i was hoping a forum was for advice and help.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Not sure where you are located or if you have access to a variety of strains but I would suggest getting some different grams and trying them untill you find one you like. I've had low thc strains that I don't like the buzz and others that are very high that are great. Just start slow with a hit and wait a bit then a bit more if you can handle it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. My advice was based on your anecdotal evidence that you had strange side effects, and didn't enjoy the experience, or find it helpful with anxiety. Perhaps that was ill advised since you appear determined to smoke. Good luck.

6. thank you and yes its legal in canada now, this is why im trying to learn. i dont have the panic right now but i did trip for 5 mins and i kept telling myself its the weed and i calm down. im also trying to build somewhat of a tolerance with the mildest thing i can to thc, but i didnt think cbd could give u anything at all but to me it does lol. for me my hands tingle and i feel like i zone out. im just trying to avoid that panic feeling any way i can i hate it. i havent felt it the last 2 days but today i took 3 puffs lol.

7. Fellow Canadian, nice. That's kinda what high cbd low thc does to me (relaxes my muscles and mind) which is what I like after working construction. If I hit the vaporizer too hard then I can get uncomfortably high with a racy heart and anxiety so find your happy zone. Everyone is different and experimenting with different strains is the only way to really find out one you like. I prefer a good balanced indica/sativa and then before bed a strong indica for sleep. Good luck and expect to get uncomfortably high a couple times.

8. yeah i guess i maybe did one too many puffs almost 2 hours ago. now i feel delayed and get stomach upset, my hamds are super cold and i dont like the weird feeling i have.. its almost like headspin and my body zaps if that makes sense lol. i want it to stop now but i know i had a chance to feel like this. i hope this dont deter me from trying other things. maybe im just the unlucky person who cant do weed. sigh. im still panic every few mins and paranoid to do anything lol but i force myself to and then im sorta ok for few mins. happens no matter if i tell myself its normal with weed.

9. Are you vaping or smoking flower?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. smoking in mini bong

11. or pocket pipe

12. seems the highest point of panic has passed and now i feel like a relaxed tingly feeling. after i forced myself to eat. also this stuff is from the 'enhance' catagory idk if that makes a difference. i plan to try low thc and low cbd next or some low hybrid. i just want something that feels like i had a mild beer buzz if that makes sense

13. Different strains will have different effects, but it's always a good idea to have munchies handy and things to keep your mind from being idle.
    Sativas tend to make me more hyper/think a lot. If you have tendencies of panic attacks, an idle mind can be worst enemy.
    I think the tingly feeling you are getting is couch lock, but you just aren't used to it yet. Hell I look forward to when I can find strains that can do that to me now lol

14. yeah i figured small steps. i tried to keep the thc low so i can build a tolerance up to what i think id be comfortable with.. i like beer buzzes, im trying to find that. i just wasnt expecting a buzz like this from cbd as i was told theres no stoned feeling lol. the panics are gone and i feel soo mellow like the asmr tingles lol. anyhow i got brave today and did 3 hits my second day experimenting lol maybe i took too much

15. i want something to give me energy and be able to talk to ppl etc. i wanna be able to have fun and enjoy my day.

16. Smoke less
    Smoke less
    Smoke less
    Smoke less
    LMAO would you have 750ml of alcohol in one sitting and not expect some evil side effects?
    Start small with just a tiny single hit. Now set the damn pipe down and go find something to do for 2 hours.
    Take a walk, Watch some TV. Play a vid game. Now have another small toke. Learn to find a comfortable amount. Most todays cannabis is potent and need to be respected especially for the new users.
    The term is Micro dosing.
    Different strains will have a different ratio of THC to CBD and the other 200 cannabinoids present in the plants occur in different ratios as well and it all changes in subtle ways the high you experience.

I don't want to pull this old Chestnut out but you bought the ticket now sit the hell down and enjoy the ride. :)
    Remember it IS a Psychotropic Drug and it's supposed to change your perceptions. Nobody has ever died from a cannabis trip even in very high doses your just miserable but not in any real danger unless you walk out in front of a bus.
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1

17. hahha thx im just scared i got nobody around to talk to that has experience. im sorry i sound whiny but you are right. im going to try a 1:1 and one puff to see how it goes. i survived this round.. wasnt fun but ill find my place.. ✌ maybe i need a sativa with a higher thc. guess its time to experiment. thanks for all replys and i got a giggle

18. LOL it's ok most of us don't really mind a bit of OMG from new users as we've all been down the same road.
    Trust me I still get hammered to an uncomfortable level even after 50 years of using cannabis.
    I do mostly edibles now and they are a lot more tricky as you have to guess how high your going to get. Times I get more then I expect and spend 4 hours tripping hard as can be.
    BNW

19. oh no that sucks tripping out is hard. but im glad to say i survived that trip so im gonna try again with the suggestions you guys are all helpful and i dont feel alone. i used to battle crippling anxiety in my 20s sever panic attacks. im hoping this is an alternative to anxiety

20. Next time you smoke and feel panic creeping up grind some black pepper and inhale the fumes or even chew up a pepper corn or 2.
    Takes some of the edge off.
    BNW