Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Panic Attacks!!!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by boghosian, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Hey, I quite smoking for about 6 months now because I kept getting panic attacks while I was high. I need to start smoking again because I have lost a lot of weight, and I can't sleep. I have been a patient for more than 5 years. I have seen different doctors and they all told me to try different strains. I have tried almost every strain and I was still paranoid. Anyone know what I should do?

2. This is a tuff situation. What I recommend is you learn ways to deal with panic attacks aka breathing techniques etc, because you will keep getting them until you learn how to deal with them. Ive been getting them for years when i smoke or even when i dont but they are random and the only way to get rid of them is to know that it will pass and its all in your head. just breathe. best wishes/

3. Simply mind over matter, panic attacks come from illogical fears.

4. by yourself? sometimes stupid people can fuck up my high. what do have to panic about? you have a fucking card.... sorry for being a jerk.

I'm about to start laughing picturing how I used to get paranoid about my parents and the law. hahaha...oh, just picturing myself.

quit fighting the high? i dunno.

5. Look up the One Move Technique and buy the Panic Away Program, or you could download it on Bittorent, trust me, it REALLY works. It was the only way I stopped getting panic attacks. And now I can smoke without getting panic attacks as long as I don't totally oversmoke,
    but I will be able to soon, I just been able to get my hands on weed recently so I can't smoke alought cause of money, its really rare here

6. If you are losing weight, it's possible that you are not getting enough nutrients and the panic attacks, and insomnia, are a result of this. Is there a reason for your weight loss? Do you have anemia or digestive troubles?

7. One question. Each time before you smoke, do you have thoughts of getting a panic attack when you're about to smoke? Are your thoughts predominantly on having a panic attack and about being worried? Instead, putting your mind in a peaceful place and just flowing with the high and what comes at you may help you also. Don't think of a high as something permanent, tell yourself it will be over soon if you do have an attack and that there's really nothing to fear. That may calm your nerves.

8. As I've grown older, I became more panic attack sensitive when high. Had one in walmart really bad years ago and have been prone ever since. I control it by only hitting it once and using a good quality strain with a little less THC like skunk #1. Also heavy indicas can give me an attack. Remaining calm and remembering everything is okay also helps. They need a smokers panic attack hotline so someone can talk us down.

9. exactly.

10. Ya know, I've said it before, I'm Bi-Polar, and suffer just like you. So, I did find a strain{s} that made me feel, well relaxed. Remember though, if you smoke reg/bud/with no known origin, then, your likely to have an attack.

G13
    White Widow

PS: You will find as well if you stick to "mostly Indica" strains, they, won't get to your head as near as Sativa.
    Try taking a Valium of sort, 45 min before you puff :D

Regards

[FONT=&quot]__________________[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]PS:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am a pathological liar.......And post only out of boredom![/FONT]